Tyrod Wants to Stay with the Bills, but Won't Take Another Pay Cut

yeah no reason for the insults......guy has been a class act the whole way.....anyone who has been a fan for more than a 3-4 years can realize this.......I want the bills to start a new at QB personally (if of course they can find a better bridge type QB)......some people on here act like he de frauded their family or something.....

• Like (+1) 2

Tyrod's a good guy and by all accounts has been a great teammate. He's just not our future. I have said before that if Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer can win a SB then so could Tyrod. It takes a special defense though and we don't have that right now. I wish we did, but we aren't there yet. Tyrod is never going to be a guy to win you big games with his arm. He's just not. He's a middle to lower 3rd of the pack starter despite any PFF numbers people want to try to throw out there. Thanks for being part of helping us end the drought Tyrod and best wishes to you at your next stop. 

Edited by H2o

Is it really a surprise that a back up QB is regressing the more and more game tape is collected of him?

Regressing each season in yards and td passes.

3 Seasons started only averaging 1.15 td passes per game?

Benched twice by two different coaching staffs.

got 2 OCs fired in 3 seasons.

2015 - 8 wins

2016 - 7 wins

2017 - 8 wins

Not a single season with enough wins to make the playoffs.

Due to style and body structure has now been Injured and missed Games in 2 out of 3 seasons.

His rushing stats don’t matter to me because they are most useless numbers a qb can put up when it come to consistent winning and they only mask his inability on 3rd downs to rip it.

he doesn’t want to take a pay cut?  Fine.

we can draft a QB that will average 1 TD per game.

very done with him as the starter

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The franchise should not give him a pay cut. It should simply cut him and move on. It would be the best thing for him and it would be the best thing for the organization. The NFL is basically a market place for the players. If he could find another team that would give him a better opportunity to play and be more financially rewarding then more power to him. He is a stellar person who I wish well. 

The Taylor era is over. He has started for three years with little progression to his game. He is what he is. There should be no debate about what he can be as a qb. That is well known by all.

The team should allow him and his agent to find another team to join. Then the organization should accommodate him, even if it means giving him away for nothing. He is a good fellow and teammate. He deserves a fresh start and so does the team. 

well put

Edited by Wily Dog
sp

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It's disrespectful for Carucci to even ask if he'd take a pay cut imo.

That's ridiculous. It's a reporter's job.

And it was Tyrod's best chance to stay.

It'll cost the Bills $23 mill to keep him for this one year of play. $18 mill on the 2018 cap and $5.6 mill dead money on the 2019 cap even while he's playing for someone else. It's an issue, and a major one. 

Give Tyrod the chance to say "No" if that's how he feels.

Edited by Thurman#1

19 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Is it really a surprise that a back up QB is regressing the more and more game tape is collected of him?

Regressing each season in yards and td passes.

3 Seasons started only averaging 1.15 td passes per game?

Benched twice by two different coaching staffs.

got 2 OCs fired in 3 seasons.

2015 - 8 wins

2016 - 7 wins

2017 - 8 wins

never double digit win seasons

Due to style and body structure has now been Injured and missed Games in 2 out of 3 seasons.

His rushing stats don’t matter to me because they are most useless numbers a qb can put up when it come to consistent winning and they only mask his inability on 3rd downs to rip it.

he doesn’t want to take a pay cut?  Fine.

we can draft a QB that will average 1 TD per game.

very done with him as the starter

I was going to let it go but come on man. He led 2 good offenses and 1 OC became a HC!! Don’t casually ignore that when trying to twist things. Also he started 44 of a possible 49 games. He’s missed 3 to injury in 3 years. Let’s not act like he has “injury issues.”

Also, ignore the rushing stats because they don’t help twist things? Do we not count them for Russell Wilson or Cam Newton? What matters is that you move the chains on 3rd down, execute in the red zone and take care of the football. Tyrod has always taken care of the football but the red zone and 3rd down were worse this year. I didn’t verify that but it sure feels that way.

That’s how they went from back-to-back top 10 DVOA & scoring offenses to pretty inept. I’ve thought that Rico was the biggest problem (as he was the biggest thing that was different). Tyrod certainly played worse than the previous years. The receivers were worse. The run game was worse. The OL was worse and the coaching was worse. They didn’t move the chains enough and didn't execute in the red zone. That’s why the offense struggled, not because of passing yards!!

We all are in agreement that it is best for everyone to move on but let’s not distort the truth to alter reality. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's not going to say he will take a pay cut, now, at the Super Bowl, in public, a few days after Alex Friggin' Smith just got 71m guaranteed. Ain't gonna happen and has zero to do with whether he will eventually take a pay cut here.

That is a good point. But if he'd wanted he could have avoided the question. "I don't want to talk about the dollars right now," or "That's all in the future." Whatever.

Instead he said no. Seems probable to me that he meant it.

47 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I’ll be shocked if anybody gives Tyrod more than $5 million next year. 

I think you're going to be shocked.

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

That is a good point. But if he'd wanted he could have avoided the question. "I don't want to talk about the dollars right now," or "That's all in the future." Whatever.

Instead he said no. Seems probable to me that he meant it.

I think you're going to be shocked.

Find me a QB in the NFL right now that that teams HC would want a QB that needs a specialty offense. That is why Kaep is out of the league and I think alot of people that really like TT are going to see very soon. That he isnt valued as much as they think in the NFL

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Find me a QB in the NFL right now that that teams HC would want a QB that needs a specialty offense. That is why Kaep is out of the league and I think alot of people that really like TT are going to see very soon. That he isnt valued as much as they think in the NFL

The team that he probably makes the most sense for actually is Jacksonville. They can run the ball and take care of it. They win with defense. The games that they lost (for the most part) were from Bortles mistakes. I always thought that Denver made sense too but their defense isn’t what it was.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

That's possible.

But do you really think he'll be paid less than $5 mill next year as The Dude said? I think the odds are far against it.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The team that he probably makes the most sense for actually is Jacksonville. They can run the ball and take care of it. They win with defense. The games that they lost (for the most part) were from Bortles mistakes. I always thought that Denver made sense too but their defense isn’t what it was.

That is the only team i can think of as well. But eventually would want to move on as wel because wont be able to keep that defense together 

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's possible.

But do you really think he'll be paid less than $5 mill next year as The Dude said? I think the odds are far against it.

Yeah actually could be very close. If the option isnt picked up. I could see him not getting signed until after the draft and at that point yes money drops big time 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

That is the only team i can think of as well. But eventually would want to move on as wel because wont be able to keep that defense together 

That’s probably true. It would be a good 2 year fit though. Play elite defense, run it down teams throats and don’t make mistakes. They are a championship contender. I think that Bortles surgery though will force them to guarantee his $19M (or whatever it is). The conspiracy theorists think that’s why he had the procedure.