Tyrod Wants to Stay with the Bills, but Won't Take Another Pay Cut

12 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

we've seen THREE backup QB's in the playoffs make TT look like a junior varsity QB.  

Enough already.  

Yeah...

Foles and the Eagles sure went a long way to show what creative/aggressive play calling, a great OL and fantastic offensive weapons do for mediocre QBs.

No matter who is under center or who else we acquire for this team in terms of players, our progression as a team in 2018 is going to hinge primarily on one acquisition this offseason... and it's not a player... it's Dabol.

If Dabol is something like "the next great offensive mind," we'll see it no matter who's under center, whether it's a rookie 1st round pick or Tyrod or some other option...

Andrew Luck, anyone?  0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 2/2/2018 at 6:34 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame him. He’s been more than fair to the Bills. It’s also hilarious that people on here are mad at a guy that won’t take a pay cut. He already did once!! I know I wouldn’t take a pay cut at my job. None of us would accept a pay cut. 

Oh, he’ll be taking a pay cut, it will just be with a different employer.

11 minutes ago, MDH said:

Oh, he’ll be taking a pay cut, it will just be with a different employer.

He will take an annual pay cut but may actually make more guaranteed money. 2 years, $20M guaranteed is about what I expect. While it’s less than the $18M this year it is more guaranteed $. If he stays on that roster 2 years he probably makes $30m.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He will take an annual pay cut but may actually make more guaranteed money. 2 years, $20M guaranteed is about what I expect. While it’s less than the $18M this year it is more guaranteed $. If he stays on that roster 2 years he probably makes $30m.

You may be right but he’ll only get that if a team pegs him as their starter, and that’s a BIG if.

He’s a guy who a team might sign to compete for a starting spot and might put incentives in his contract based on playing time but right now I don’t see any team signing him to be their guaranteed starter.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:28 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

But that's not the discussion.

Why do purposefully shift everything around and make ridiculous exaggerations (or "unerestimations") rather than saying something that could be factual and still effective, like, for example, "only 20% of the board feels Taylor will be retained!"

I agree Taylor might not be the starter at the beginning of the year (I'm probably 60% that he will be), but the question and point of this entire thread is whether Taylor will be retained under his current contract... I'm about 80% sure there.

An exaggeration is a sign of a weak argument.

I am not saying Bills should keep TT and current cost but that is something which should be determined by new OC which is partly why he was hired I suspect.

It is real hard with McD since IMO (and reason for name change from Lemonaid to Limeaid) he tends to dump players, coaches (some of coaches who were employed last year were good coaches and still got paid to not coach) and scouts (they let all go and brought back 3) without getting rid of the biggest turd Jim Overdorf.

I understand that TT does not want a salary cut but before he makes a rash decision he should consider carefully if change in contract to incentive based with option to be released if not starter is a better deal.  I do not think he will get a starting QB offer but maybe a fresh start is more important to him on chance starting QB is injured and he can replace and redeem his career.

1 minute ago, MDH said:

You may be right but he’ll only get that if a team pegs him as their starter, and that’s a BIG if.

He’s a guy who a team might sign to compete for a starting spot and might put incentives in his contract based on playing time but right now I don’t see any team signing him to be their guaranteed starter.

That’s a standard bridge deal. It’s between Glennon and Bradford. Some of these guys are going to sign deals like that because FA comes first. As an example, if you are Cleveland and want Allen, you need someone to play for at least a year. If you are Arizona and picking in the middle of the round, what’s your plan? What does Jacksonville do if they can get out from Bortles deal? There is so much change coming.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s a standard bridge deal. It’s between Glennon and Bradford. Some of these guys are going to sign deals like that because FA comes first. As an example, if you are Cleveland and want Allen, you need someone to play for at least a year. If you are Arizona and picking in the middle of the round, what’s your plan? What does Jacksonville do if they can get out from Bortles deal? There is so much change coming.

I don’t believe any team signs him to be their starter even as a bridge for a year. He doesn’t work within the confines of an offense and that drives coaches crazy. He’ll be signed to compete for an up for grabs job or as a backup.

I say that, obviously, as just imo. I could totally be misreading the situation but based on my knowedge of TT, I’m pretty confident.

19 minutes ago, MDH said:

I don’t believe any team signs him to be their starter even as a bridge for a year. He doesn’t work within the confines of an offense and that drives coaches crazy. He’ll be signed to compete for an up for grabs job or as a backup.

I say that, obviously, as just imo. I could totally be misreading the situation but based on my knowedge of TT, I’m pretty confident.

It’s going to be one of those things that it depends on the team. A lot of people think highly of TT and a lot think he’s terrible. It will only take 1. Would a team rather Bradford or Tyrod? Bridgewater? McCown? That’s what we are talking about. They each have pros and cons. McCown (age), Bradford and Bridgewater (injury), Tyrod (unconventional), etc...

There are jobs available and these guys will fill them. If Cousins fills one spot (say Denver), the Browns, Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Vikings and maybe the Jags or Dolphins will need to fill out the position. These teams will invest in a bridge guy to start and if a rookie wins out great. They are going to protect themselves though with the group above.

28 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

How Rex Ryan of you.  He wanted players to be 1000% committed to team.

Ha ha, I gave “110%” on that answer.