Former Bills' WR Kolby Listenbee Suing TCU for Forcing Him to Play Injured

57 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Do these questions seriously need answeref?

1) $

2) no

Sure, but If he win,s the suit and they agree he shouldn’t have been forced to play, maybe his nfl earnings that he wouldve not otherwise benefited from should be subtracted from his damages...  if justice truly metters.

i could say my university forced me to take classes that forced me to do things I didn’t want to just to graduate to my profession which I now benefit from.  Now what? 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure, but If he win,s the suit and they agree he shouldn’t have been forced to play, maybe his nfl earnings that he wouldve not otherwise benefited from should be subtracted from his damages...  if justice truly metters.

i could say my university forced me to take classes that forced me to do things I didn’t want to just to graduate to my profession which I now benefit from.  Now what? 

Legally all this is a mess. But that's why it will be settled. He will get 6 figures and blow it all on something foolish. 

This thread is a sterling example of why this is one of the worst fan bases in sports.

Ignorant 

Self involved

Delusional

Not funny or creative.

But hey let's jump through tables and then rip on a guy who was receiving three steroid injections to play a single game for free.

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This is exhibit a of why you're not a lawyer.

But if I need some carpeting put in or some wings cooked, I'll consider giving you a call.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This thread is a sterling example of why this is one of the worst fan bases in sports.

Ignorant 

Self involved

Delusional

Not funny or creative.

But hey let's jump through tables and then rip on a guy who was receiving three steroid injections to play a single game for free.

But if I need some carpeting put in or some wings cooked, I'll consider giving you a call.

Love it, that's good hustle Ol Dirty B.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So he's suing someone for succumbing to peer pressure.

Awesome.

Is this generating any buzz outside of TCU/Bills fans?

It's on the front of dead spin.

Did you read the article? Idk if I'd consider it just peer pressure. Not playing because you're injured, losing a scholarship and having to start all over again is a little more than peer pressure. 

Wow.  If Listenbee's allegations are accurate, then TCU is exposed to serious liability.  For those wondering why it took so long, maybe he didn't realize the extent of the damage until now.  It also takes time to build a case before you file.  His attorney(s) may have been working on this for the last few years.  I'll reserve judgement, but I don't find it at all unlikely that some Neanderthal throwback coach would bully an injured athlete onto the field.  

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Ignorant 

Self involved

Delusional

Not funny or creative.

this thread brings you out. which is that self righteous white knight you we have all known to love.  at least, those who pay attention remember you.

you just generalized an entire fan base jumping through tables without the common sense to realize most bills fans don't do that and it's less than 10% even at the highest bullshitting estimate

then you talk about playing a game for free - he wasn't.  he was getting a free education.  if anything, he was the beneficiary of the relationship between football and school.

then you take it to a personal level saying that he's not a lawyer, well, would you know?  are you?  would you like me to tag some lawyers here and we can have them hash this out (don't worry, i know you couldn't keep up so i won't).

the above quote i made of yours exhibits exactly what you said: ignorance, self involvement, delusional and not funny or creative.

but, if i need someone to actually construct a completely worthless post, i'll consider giving you a call..

gtfo here.

33 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

this thread brings you out. which is that self righteous white knight you we have all known to love.  at least, those who pay attention remember you.

you just generalized an entire fan base jumping through tables without the common sense to realize most bills fans don't do that and it's less than 10% even at the highest bullshitting estimate

then you talk about playing a game for free - he wasn't.  he was getting a free education.  if anything, he was the beneficiary of the relationship between football and school.

then you take it to a personal level saying that he's not a lawyer, well, would you know?  are you?  would you like me to tag some lawyers here and we can have them hash this out (don't worry, i know you couldn't keep up so i won't).

the above quote i made of yours exhibits exactly what you said: ignorance, self involvement, delusional and not funny or creative.

but, if i need someone to actually construct a completely worthless post, i'll consider giving you a call..

gtfo here.

Wasn't meant to be funny, creative, is clearly not delusional. Unlike all of your posts in this thread. 

You reduce it to peer pressure then mention he's getting an education. If the education is as valuable as you think it is to him, then its more than just peer pressure that is making him take the field injured.

I'm not minimizing that value in a scholarship. Yet he's making the institution a profit. I always find it amazing that conservatives/libertarians, which I lean towards, don't see the logical inconsistency they have in supporting the current set up of power 5 athletics. A kid on a band scholarship can go market himself as being a student of an institution, which he earned, and play outside of school for money.

You all talk free markets and **** but support institutions that suppress them.

A college athlete, who earned his place in that team can't do anything remotely the same. He earned his spot on that team, he has used what is at his disposal to make him self marketable but is disabled for doing that for what !@#$ing reason? It's insanity. In no other area of academics are you handicapped where the thing that brought you to the institution, you are shunned from marketing or networking with it. In fact, it's the complete opposite. Students from every other facet of learning are using those scholarships, and success to attempt to get into other schools, internships, and jobs.

He also can lose his scholarship at any moment for performance. Like NFL contracts, these aren't fully guaranteed.

It's funny that you think you know me but really have no idea about where I am ideologically. Like most of your posts, it just takes the simple view. You don't know what you're talking about at all.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Wasn't meant to be funny, creative, is clearly not delusional. Unlike all of your posts in this thread. 

You reduce it to peer pressure then mention he's getting an education. If the education is as valuable as you think it is to him, then its more than just peer pressure that is making him take the field injured.

I'm not minimizing that value in a scholarship. Yet he's making the institution a profit. I always find it amazing that conservatives/libertarians, which I lean towards, don't see the logical inconsistency they have in supporting the current set up of power 5 athletics. A kid on a band scholarship can go market himself as being a student of an institution, which he earned, and play outside of school for money.

You all talk free markets and **** but support institutions that suppress them.

A college athlete, who earned his place in that team can't do anything remotely the same. He earned his spot on that team, he has used what is at his disposal to make him self marketable but is disabled for doing that for what !@#$ing reason? It's insanity. In no other area of academics are you handicapped where the thing that brought you to the institution, you are shunned from marketing or networking with it. In fact, it's the complete opposite. Students from every other facet of learning are using those scholarships, and success to attempt to get into other schools, internships, and jobs.

He also can lose his scholarship at any moment for performance. Like NFL contracts, these aren't fully guaranteed.

It's funny that you think you know me but really have no idea about where I am ideologically. Like most of your posts, it just takes the simple view. You don't know what you're talking about at all.

Shifting the field goal posts. Terrible choice. 

Sorry. Not worth my time 

24 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

gtfo here.

No u. I question your intelligence hahaha. More than half the thread blames Kolby.

Ever played college ball? it's hardly education. and nutcases like this coach make it worse.

But sure, the NCAA is well known as a very reputable organization.

I don't really give a crap about your other points, you don't understand phrases of speech. Example: "but hey let's invest in BitCoin". This is making fun of BitCoin investors, not the entire world population.  "hey let's jump on tables": you interpret that as a claim that you jump on tables lol. Go talk to your lawyers, see what they think.

12 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I gotchu ODB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Shifting the field goal posts. Terrible choice. 

Sorry. Not worth my time 

Where did I shift the field goal posts? That wasn't relevant?

You accused him of giving into peer pressure, and defended the current structure of college athletics.

I responded, and you came up with a cop out because your positions, especially in this thread, are largely indefensible.

Next time you want to call me out, remember this. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B