Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

The DOJ IG Report Must Be Devastating Because the Media Has Already Started the Spin Cycle

Sometime in the next couple of weeks, the Department of Justice IG, Michael Horowitz, is scheduled to release reports on how the Department of Justice and the FBI conducted the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email and on FBI and Justice monitoring of the Trump campaign. The report is being circulated for comment–this is typically how IGs handle their reports–and hints of what it contains are beginning to leak out. From the direction of the media reports, the report will probably be ugly.

This is how the Washington Post frames the story: As Justice Dept. inspector general moves from Clinton email to Russia and Trump, he risks becoming a political weapon,

{snip}

What makes this article so significant is that nowhere in it does it entertain the possibility that the IG investigation will NOT be fodder for critics of the Clinton email investigation. One can even see it being bad enough that the investigation will be re-opened. Neither is the possibility that the FBI acted appropriately considered. The assumption, and either that assumption is informed by knowledge of the investigation or the WaPo is just making stuff up, is that the IG report on the surveillance of the Trump campaign will lead to more blistering tweets by Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

Lol, transparency? Will he release his taxes? This guy is so crooked and corrupt 

What is taking so long with the Inspector General’s Report on Crooked Hillary and Slippery James Comey. Numerous delays. Hope Report is not being changed and made weaker! There are so many horrible things to tell, the public has the right to know. Transparency!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 5, 2018

Just now, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I wonder if Rosenstein is what's taking so long.

A Trump appointee...

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Dems have put out a hit on Horowitz. That's why there is a delay in the release.

Would this surprise anyone?

I would be shocked if the 72 million registered Democrats in the US secretly met up and put out a hit on Horowitz - don't let that stop your fledgling conspiracy, though.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, peace out said:

I would be shocked if the 72 million registered Democrats in the US secretly met up and put out a hit on Horowitz - don't let that stop your fledgling conspiracy, though.

It's a joke.

You leftists have no sense of humor.................... hence your comedians who haven't been funny since the 80's.

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why would he release his taxes? What would that tell you? 

He could find all the instances of tax fraud that the IRS has missed over the years.

1 hour ago, peace out said:

Why not?  They did such a bang-up job colluding to get Hillary the White House, running against a sweet potato.  I'm sure they're organized enough to plan an assassination.  :lol:

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why would he release his taxes? What would that tell you? 

He's the one saying we need transparency. He should practice what he preaches. 

It would tell us what he is hiding, duh! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He could find all the instances of tax fraud that the IRS has missed over the years.

My thoughts exactly. On the other hand if Rachel Maddow and MSNBC isn't up to the task of showing he's a tax cheat based on their thorough investigation, how could a lonely message board soldier ever hope to find anything? 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

He's the one saying we need transparency. He should practice what he preaches. 

It would tell us what he is hiding, duh! 

His lawfully filed tax return(s) would tell us what he's hiding?  Wouldn't it be not hidden (or transparent) if it showed something?  

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

His lawfully filed tax return(s) would tell us what he's hiding?  Wouldn't it be not hidden (or transparent) if it showed something?  

No, he's obviously hiding something. 

Hillary disclosed her tax returns. Trump is scared 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, he's obviously hiding something. 

Hillary disclosed her tax returns. Trump is scared 

Why is it always about Hillary with you?  She's home on the couch with her feet up. Time to move on. 

I'm not certain you understand the meaning of the word "obviously".  Your President Trump filed his tax returns, any discrepancies would be between Your President Trump and the IRS. That's the only transparency that really matters, right?