Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

11 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Not sure, but it might make it to Broadway some day. :unsure:

There are several plays that might work already.

Wicked --- Hillary

A Chorus Line -- US Media

The Wiz --  Trump

Born Yesterday --  liberals

• Haha (+1) 3

"You mean scrub it, like with a cloth?"

Stop Sanitizing the Inspector General´s Report and Deliver It Now
by Roger L. Simon

Original Article

Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report on the FBI's handling of the Hillary Clinton email "matter" (and other things, no doubt) has been completed for weeks. Nevertheless, you and I, the taxpayers who paid for it, have not been permitted to see it.  Only the "elect" -- those in that American nomenklatura composed of upper echelons of the DOJ, FBI and intelligence agencies -- have been given the privilege of perusing the roughly 500 pages in their pristine form.

We, the poor citizens, will probably never get that chance -- and even that slim likelihood diminishes the longer this seemingly interminable process takes, increasing the opportunity to exercise the red pen.

Why has this happened?  Nothing, I'm afraid, could be more obvious.  Those same privileged elites in our government are being given or are taking the time themselves to sanitize the report, to bowdlerize the contents in order not to offend (or worse) certain parties.

This is only fair, they would say.  If people are being accused, they should have a chance to defend themselves.

Indeed.  But not before they are accused.  After. The IG's report is merely a report.  It can recommend prosecution but it cannot go forward with it. It also can be wrong.  You just have to prove it.  But you should do so in public, not in the modern equivalent of some Star Chamber.

No, what we are witnessing in this slow-walk is what we can legitimately call an American nomenklatura digging in mightily to protect itself.  No doubt, once the edited report is published, they can depend on their friends in the mainstream media doing their best to ignore, downplay or obfuscate its conclusions and significance.  But this is no moment to relax or depend on third parties, even those as reliable as the MSM.  The stakes are huge. People can go to jail.  Reputations can be ruined and -- this is the most intriguing though least likely part -- politics could be realigned.

More at the link:

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Correctamundo Potsy!  President Trump was transparent in submitting the tax returns as required by law, and in choosing not to release them as is his right as a citizen. He showed great courage in going against the grain as you surely must acknowledge.  Transparent to the second power. Voters considered that issue, as is their right, and clearly saw it as no big deal as he cruised to victory.  

And your thoughts on hypocrisy of political candidates since 1960, since you brought it up? I'm willing to go back further, but you seem hyper-fixated on one relatively brief period of time from 1960-2016. 

Transparent even though the American people did not get to see them? That's not transparent. You are obfuscating. 

26 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Here are the first leaks of the IG report!

Comey "INSUBORDINATE?" Sounds like grounds for termination to me! ?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj-watchdog-finds-comey-defied-authority-fbi-director/story?id=55670834

Yes it does, he helped turn the election. But remember, that was only Trump's excuse for firing him. The asking for loyalty, having everyone leave the room, the asking for him to let the Flynn thing go...all trump the fact Trump had a good reason to fire him. 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes it does, he helped turn the election. But remember, that was only Trump's excuse for firing him. The asking for loyalty, having everyone leave the room, the asking for him to let the Flynn thing go...all trump the fact Trump had a good reason to fire him. 

Comey is a proven liar. If you want to believe him and his "notes," you go right ahead.

Just now, Golden Goat said:

Comey is a proven liar. If you want to believe him and his "notes," you go right ahead.

And the others who attended the dinner with Trump that were asked to leave the room, the others that were asked to intervene in the investigation, Trump himself who said he fired Comey for the Russia Thing and the fact Trump has lied perhaps a thousand times more than Comey ever has 

So, Comey screwing up and helping Trump does not get Trump off at all 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Gator's goal isn't truth. It's distraction and division. Nothing more.

No, that's you 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

And the others who attended the dinner with Trump that were asked to leave the room, the others that were asked to intervene in the investigation, Trump himself who said he fired Comey for the Russia Thing and the fact Trump has lied perhaps a thousand times more than Comey ever has 

So, Comey screwing up and helping Trump does not get Trump off at all 

When did Trump lie to Congress under oath? And -- Get Trump off what? Zero evidence. Zero proof. One year.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

By not releasing his taxes like every other candidate since the 60's??? Seriously?  

You call that transparent? 

Oh.... You didn't hear?

During this time people are distracted by the pledge, trip to Singapore, and the IG report, Trump pardoned himself from ever paying taxes again, along with any wrongful filings in the past.

I know you can'y find it in the mainstream news, and that is why he did it now.... But trust me, this is real news.... 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They're citing the report directly. First spin is that Comey was the ultimate bad guy... it won't work.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj-watchdog-finds-comey-defied-authority-fbi-director/story?id=55670834&cid=social_twitter_abcn

You know the report is bad if this is the deflection - throwing Comey under the bus rather than denying its import.

Interesting that they're still going with the "impromptu" bullSchiff about the tarmac meeting. You know, because it's totally the truth that the AG and an ex-president, whose wife is being investigated by the AG's agencies, just "happened" to be on the same tarmac at the same airport at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

Interesting that they're still going with the "impromptu" bullSchiff about the tarmac meeting. You know, because it's totally the truth that the AG and an ex-president, whose wife is being investigated by the AG's agencies, just "happened" to be on the same tarmac at the same airport at the same time.

It'd be a shame if NSA or some other group has recordings of what was discussed, wouldn't it? :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How did Comey help turn an election that Russia "hacked" in Trump's favor?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It'd be a shame if NSA or some other group has recordings of what was discussed, wouldn't it? :ph34r:

Clearly it was their grandchildren that were discussed at this happenstance meeting.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

When did Trump lie to Congress under oath? And -- Get Trump off what? Zero evidence. Zero proof. One year.

Ya, lol, Trump gets a pass because he refuses to testify? That's a good one! 

And he won't get off for obstructing justice. He can say he fired Comey because of the Hillary investigation, but the facts bely that. His own words do! 

The question will become, why was he so afraid of the investigation? 

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

If you think that's bad, you must be really upset with Trump making everyone leave the room so he could talk to the guy investigating him! Oh no? That's right, its ok if its a Republican. 

Oh ya, and then firing the guy...

57 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Transparent even though the American people did not get to see them? That's not transparent. You are obfuscating. 

I directly answered your question, then clarified for content when you struggled with my answer.  In a seperate and distinct paragraph, I engaged in an extension of the discussion based on a seperate issue that seemed important to you. 

That you disagree with me does not equate to obfuscation on my part, it equates to at best a disagreement between two individuals on that particular issue, or at worst, specious reasoning on your part. 

Anyway, I understand your reluctance to discuss the hypocrisy issue that you raised as part of your analysis. At the risk of being bold, but to ensure clarity: I think you appeared timorous when you refused to acknowledge or respond to an issue you raised. 

Tiberious = Timorous? 

Time to move on. Your boy comey is going down like a sweet muffin.