Tibs calls Trump's name

But Trumps not there

Was Trump to blame

for being unfa-ar-rare-ar-rare

Donthca know Tibs can't take it

TIbs don't know who can

Tibs not gonna may-yay-yake it

Tibs not that kinda man

(with a ska??? middle eight, a very underrated one for its day... and a little less cowbell please... )

• Haha (+1) 1

Driving in on the commute and flipping through the FM band and a few times the same band was playing on 2 of the 30 or so stations.

What was it like when 28 of the 30 stations were playing The Beatles simultaneously, the same as being impressed by the great accomplishment of The Donald in merely his first great year as President?

How could you have hated this?

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, but only because the Rolling Stones didn't attempt to overthrow the duly awarded Billboard rankings.

a much better cover version, but MacLen wrote the darn thing in the first place...

7 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

That’s the stupidest load of bull **** I’ve ever seen in this place.

I'm not a big fan of the Stones after Goats Head Soup, if that's any consolation.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Okay, so Trump is the Stones and The Beatles in 1964, I can go with that, all 3 are great!

I'd say Trump is more like those people much later during their drugged out stage of incoherence. 

But this seems like Trump:

He's a real nowhere man
Sitting in his nowhere land
Making all his nowhere plans for nobody
Doesn't have a point of view
Knows not where he's going to
Isn't he a bit like you and me?
Nowhere man please listen
You don't know what you're missing
Nowhere man, The world is at your command
He's as blind as he can be
Just sees what he wants to see

Nowhere man, can you see me at all
Nowhere man don't worry
Take your time, don't hurry
Leave it all till somebody else
Lends you a hand
Ah, la, la, la, la
Doesn't have a point of view
Knows not where he's going to
Isn't he a bit like you and me?
Nowhere man please listen
You

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Tibs is our Chemical Ali

see how he got completely suckered into this thread? 

Chemical Ali was Saddam's cousin, and the defense minister.  You're thinking of the Iraqi information minister, Comical Ali.

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

like in 1964 saying The Beatles were terrible and going nowhere?

The fact that you would compare Trump to the Beatles is so weird. 

First, two of em are still alive and I don’t think they think very highly of POTUS. Do I know that for a fact? No, but call it a hunch. 

I mean the ONLY thing Trump has in common with the Beatles was the Vietnam War. Like the Beatles, Trump refused to go. 

26 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The fact that you would compare Trump to the Beatles is so weird. 

First, two of em are still alive and I don’t think they think very highly of POTUS. Do I know that for a fact? No, but call it a hunch. 

I mean the ONLY thing Trump has in common with the Beatles was the Vietnam War. Like the Beatles, Trump refused to go. 

Could it be because the Beatles were British citizens?  Not many people think highly of Trump's character, including myself, but he's been a better president than I though he'd be up to this point.

Edited by Doc Brown

So Student Deferments = Draft Dodging? :huh:

The Army Doctors giving him 4-F status after his physical = Draft Dodging? :blink:

High Draft Lottery Number = Draft Dodging? :o

Hoo new. Guess I was a “Draft Doger” too. And Daddy wasn’t a real estate mogul either. 

Edited by Nanker

I tried when I dropped out of Kallage. They wouldn't take me... said they wanted men. :w00t:

Had/have a seriously banged up shoulder and they gave me a pass. Now I've got a brand new shoulder and the government didn't have to pay for it - which was their reason for rejecting this otherwise fine specimen. :lol:

attended a few funerals over the past years for teachers and coaches that got on a bus and came to Canada and didn't go back to see their family for 20 to 30 years.

didn't blame them one bit

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

So Student Deferments = Draft Dodging? :huh:

The Army Doctors giving him 4-F status after his physical = Draft Dodging? :blink:

High Draft Lottery Number = Draft Dodging? :o

Hoo new. Guess I was a “Draft Doger” too. And Daddy wasn’t a real estate mogul either. 

My father joined the reserves rather than be drafted.  Draft dodger.

(He really enjoyed playing with the 40mm grenade launcher, too.)

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Weekend warrior probably just sat around listening to Tom Petty every other weekend

Tom Petty wasn't around then.  You had to get your mewling eunuch fix with Credence.

Though he was a Joe Cocker and Jethro Tull fan.

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Tom Petty wasn't around then.  You had to get your mewling eunuch fix with Credence.

Though he was a Joe Cocker and Jethro Tull fan.

Joe and Sly Stone were headlining a concert in the earlier 70s, they both staggered around and both walked off within 5 minutes, one threw up onstage

good times

On 1/29/2018 at 10:04 AM, DC Tom said:

You have Tiberius blocked too?

I have them both blocked, due to the inanity of both of their posts.  I blocked 33 b/c I evidently just don't get him.  I hear he's Canadian, maybe that's why I read most of his posts as just WTF.  Tib, well, we know why he's blocked.  I tried, I really didn't want to block Tib.  But if I'm blocking craziness, I couldn't leave him out.