[Please Change Title]Cordy Glenn

Pete

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....I'm taking the five starters unless you give me a MONEY (PICKS) BACK GUARANTEE/PICKS REFUND if your selection is NOT a "bonafide franchise QB".......care to review the list of "bonafide franchise QB's" selected in the 1st round over the last decade+?......HINT: the SUCCESSES will fit on ONE hand; the FAILURES may fit on both hands, both feet and your slide rule.....old?....yup....seasoned after 55 years following Bflo/NFL?....yup again........

....understood, but the cap is going up again by about $14mil.......so is the delay that critical?....signing the draft class pre June 1 should be a non-issue.....could affect FA signings but brab your priorities first with monies available and then see what values may still be left.....just a random thought...........

Spotrac has already increased it's cap projects the 14 million.

Bills have 29 million with the increase.

New cap numbers will go into effect the start of the league year (March).

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Honest question here: with all the lamenting over the Bills Cap Hits from Dareus, Glenn and Wood are there any contracts on the current roster in which the Bills are BENEFITING from the reverse situation with their previous team? 

Good question.  Unfortunately the answer is no.  All the trades the Bills were for low cost players nearing the end of their respective contracts.

A future benefit could be someone like Alex Smith.  He has a 20 million cap hit in 2018 but KC would eat a little over 3 million if we traded for him.

Big Dead Money hits come with high dollar guys with a lot of years left on their contracts (like MD).

When teams change GM's, coaches, coordinators they invariably get rid of guys that don't fit their schemes.

Bills have been on or near the top of the Dead Money lists for too many years lately.

It's one reason a more stable organization usually has a lower Dead Money cost.

8 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Glenn is gone, they will take whatever they can get at this point just to unload the contract.  I would guess a 4th based on his foot situation.  Dawkins is the LT.  People have said how about Glenn at RT and no way they pay that much for a RT.

Glenn only cost 3.45 mill to play RT.(due to dead cap it cut) 3.45 mill is a bargain. Jordan Mills is over 2 mill. Who would you rather have strating? Mills could be depth.

You will not find a guy with Glenn talent for less than 6 mill.

Edited by cba fan

15 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Good question.  Unfortunately the answer is no.  All the trades the Bills were for low cost players nearing the end of their respective contracts.

A future benefit could be someone like Alex Smith.  He has a 20 million cap hit in 2018 but KC would eat a little over 3 million if we traded for him.

Big Dead Money hits come with high dollar guys with a lot of years left on their contracts (like MD).

When teams change GM's, coaches, coordinators they invariably get rid of guys that don't fit their schemes.

Bills have been on or near the top of the Dead Money lists for too many years lately.

It's one reason a more stable organization usually has a lower Dead Money cost.

Thanks for the thorough response. I was afraid of that, but not too surprised. 

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you're overlooking something in the impact of the Wood situation.

With Wood being forced to retire from a football-related condition, injury guarantees will almost certainly apply and the Bills are gonna take a $10M cap hit.

If they trade or cut Glenn this year, the Bills save less than $4M while taking almost another $10M cap hit.   Frankly, they can't afford that while Dareus is still on the books.

Glenn stays.

If your numbers are correct he's gotta stay put. Having a line (R to L) of Cordy, Miller, Groy, Cogs & Dawkins would be formidable.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:11 AM, Dr. Who said:

I really don't understand how the cap works.  Though I realize we still have a cap hit for Dareus, by my naive way of looking at things if you trade a player, the other team should have to assume his contract/cap hit.  Not sure why that isn't so, though I know there are trades where a team retains some of the salary just to get rid of a fella.

The new team absorbs the cap implications of salary, but not bonus money.  The old team has to count any future ramifications of an amortized bonus.  If cut or traded prior to June 1, the whole wad counts in that year.  If released or traded after June 1, it can be spread out over two years.  There might be some details I've missed, but that is the gist of it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2018 at 8:16 AM, Kwai San said:

Bottom line - if he is healthy, he stays....the Bills are FAR from a SB team - they have many holes and many needs.  They need to work the draft, sign some cap friendly FA's and ride the system......basically the system got them into the playoffs this year.

my $0.02

They are gong to need to make a decision on him prior to the beginning of the season I believe, and try and get something for him.

I believe they've already made the decision to move on from the injury saga with Glenn.

6 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

I believe they've already made the decision to move on from the injury saga with Glenn.

Saga??   He's been hurt for about one calendar year (since game 11 of 2016).    So out about the same time as a guy with an ACL.   Prior to that, he started 72 consecutive games.

Not sure if its people's short attention spans or just the Madden-ization of the NFL, but why the rush to dump a valuable asset?   If he rehabs this offseason and gets the problem behind him, he's a very effective OT and someone who can help this team...  

When Cordy was drafted, most teams projected him playing G, but Buffalo kicked him outside.  Could Cordy start at G?  I know he is making bank and that would be overpaying for a G,  But he could be quality there, it fills a need, and it beats $10 million in dead cap