Are the "inside sources" trustworthy?

simool

Are the "inside sources" trustworthy?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you trust the most?

Bernie at least came clean

7 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

I love that Never Give Up continues to get mentions and people asking about him. It’s been easily 10 years since he left us. Pretty sure he was talking Laverneus Coles signings last we heard from him. 

Nah he was around a couple drafts ago, but not sure why he had such a cult following in the first place.

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

So if you don't believe that poster, stop reading their posts.  Simple solution.  Why does everybody have to go pissing on the poster?  Doing that just causes more anger on this board and draws away from it's true intentions.  Why create a big ruckus when there is no need to?  Some days I come on here and it's like it's a place where people take out their anger on another poster for really no reason.  I guess that's the entire internet now though.  It's quite the shame.  

I'd submit that the ruckus "creator" as you put it, is the one who puts the lies out there in the first place.

8 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

There are no more remaining members with inside sources.

They have all been culled off. 

Leroi was was the only reliable source and he was banned.

Now you guys can get your scoops from the media. 

mlm

You are obsessed with leroi, brought it upon himself

I chose Nixon - he's the only one who won't lie to us today or in the future.

But regarding inside sources, any inside source who leaks confidential information is, pretty much by definition, not trustworthy. (I'm not talking about whistle blowers who expose unethical behavior - just about employees who leak information that could be of use to competitors.)

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

So if you don't believe that poster, stop reading their posts.  Simple solution.  Why does everybody have to go pissing on the poster?  Doing that just causes more anger on this board and draws away from it's true intentions.  Why create a big ruckus when there is no need to?  Some days I come on here and it's like it's a place where people take out their anger on another poster for really no reason.  I guess that's the entire internet now though.  It's quite the shame.  

For me, when I come here I'm looking for information about the Bills, I want to know what's going on, and when a poster comes here completely spewing nonsense and ridiculous thoughts that are quickly disproven, then yes the poster deserves to be called out and while I don't necessarily agree with the attacks, they have a right to be questioned.

For example, when Don/Chad was posting, initially people were trying to get more, asking questions when things didn't add up, it was pointed out. There's nothing wrong with that. That's not attacking a poster. That's trying to verify and find truth.

People who intentionally post nonsense and try to claim a source or fact when they know it's fake should lose posting privileges. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I don't mind Dunkirk Don or Savior Peterson or anybody else making claims of inside info because it does no harm, at least to me.  I really don't get the skeptics getting all bent out of shape by it any more than I would get a "true believer" mortgaging the farm because of what he/he has read.

I’m with you, I’m just curious about why we seem to have so many MORE people claiming insider status lately. 

25 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I’m with you, I’m just curious about why we seem to have so many MORE people claiming insider status lately. 

No BBMB. Really the only thing that has changed.

34 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Savior and dunkirk are self admitted trolls tho. 

Then the 9 people voting for the trolls obviously missed that memo.

Edited by simool
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

The legendary dunkirk don thread sprouted a bunch of "copy cat posters"

It was a great troll thread. 

9 minutes ago, simool said:

Then the 9 people voting for the trolls obviously missed that memo.

Exactly. Thats a hell of a troll job.

11 hours ago, simool said:

I was curious where the current look at me posters claiming to have inside sources would rank when compared with some historical names that coincide with the word trust.

You forgot Schmuggs / Leroi. 

Unless someone can produce verifiable evidence all inside sources shall be questioned.     

Don't cha  know the internet doesn't lie 

42 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

why?  this 

LAMP 

i don't mind if people post inside info, but based on who they are, and what they're trying to push off, they better be ready for some push back.  it was shocking how many people ran to dunkirk don's defense when he started spewing nonsense.  some posters on here were absolutely gullible and ate his nonsense up.  it was surprising.  it's not that hard to determine who is being genuine, and who is trolling/in desperate need for attention.  

post what you want, but be ready for it.  i'm not a fan of the, "if you don't like it, don't read it".  nah.  if you're going to treat me as a fool, i'm going to call you out on it.  that's exactly what don and saviorpeterman are doing.  

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

because people are foolish enough to believe it, or think there's at least some inkling of truth to it.   

2 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

For me, when I come here I'm looking for information about the Bills, I want to know what's going on, and when a poster comes here completely spewing nonsense and ridiculous thoughts that are quickly disproven, then yes the poster deserves to be called out and while I don't necessarily agree with the attacks, they have a right to be questioned.

For example, when Don/Chad was posting, initially people were trying to get more, asking questions when things didn't add up, it was pointed out. There's nothing wrong with that. That's not attacking a poster. That's trying to verify and find truth.

People who intentionally post nonsense and try to claim a source or fact when they know it's fake should lose posting privileges. 

I'm not talking about the people who were trying to see if it was true or not.  I'm talking about the people that just bashed him and attacked him.  I didn't comment once on that thread because of how a lot of people were simply attacking him.  People can politely suggest that he stop but that didn't exactly happen.  It was just pages of people pissing out anger.  It got unnecessary and out of hand.  I come here to discuss football and not bash other people.  Some use this as a platform to just bash other people.  That's honestly the entire internet though.  It's frightening to look at any comment section anywhere so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I guess I thought this was a place to actually converse about the Bills and express opinions and have debates and conversations without the bashing stuff.  

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'd submit that the ruckus "creator" as you put it, is the one who puts the lies out there in the first place.

People can politely reject it then.  Don't click on the thread.  Control yourselves.  It's really quite simple but the compulsive need to put someone down is stupid.  People kept going back to that thread even though they didn't like it just to piss on the poster.  It doesn't have to become the thread of bashing that it became.  This board shouldn't be a platform to bash others.  Whatever happened to conversation and debate without bashing others and their opinions?