When will an owner speak out against this blatant favoritism for the *Patriots

jtothebrown

On 1/23/2018 at 3:34 AM, jtothebrown said:

Its obvious that the NFL aka National Football Entertainment has their heal  that everyone loves to hate just like the wwe.

There were reports of players from other teams reaching out to certain Jags players after the game to rant about blatant no calls and questionable calls made in favour of the Pats.

My question is when will an owner speak out against this blatant favourtism for this team?

My answer is.... they wont because they are getting paid no matter what! The NFL is just sports entertainment, its liscensed as such, same as the WWE.

Time to tune out to anything NFL unless its Bills related!

They won't because every dynasty in every sport is accused of getting no calls and questionable calls. And they do to some degree, especially at home. So did Jordan, Bird, Magic, the Yankees and so on. It's a simple result of human psychology. They won't because this is business as usual, and not just in sports.

They won't because there is no conspiracy, just Patriots hate and frustration. I hate 'em too, but conspiracy mania is a sickness and requires the willingness to ignore the way the world works.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 1/24/2018 at 5:13 AM, jtothebrown said:

The NFL has created rules because of that team. There are procedures created because of them.

1- Tuck rule.

2- Deflategate, now all team balls must be constantly be inspected.

3- Spygate

And coming soon- Official gate!

So Steve Tasker must also be a cheater because the Tasker rule about running out of bounds was created for him?

Yeah, the Pats cheat. More than most teams. Makes sense to hate them, IMHO, and to doubt them on nearly everything.

But there is no wide-ranging conspiracy with the rest of the league trying to support the Patriots and the owners going along with it to the detriment of their own team's chances. Wide-ranging conspiracies ... get widely blown open with some of those in the know talking. Human nature. Some official would write a book for the money.

They didn’t create the Tuck rule for the Pats.  That was actually called properly, painful as it was.

The cheating thing is extremely overblown.  Belichick likes to push it, but most teams try to get away with whatever they can.  And deflate gate was nothing.  Really nothing.

On 1/24/2018 at 2:25 AM, Gordio said:

Sorry but the overall body of evidence of the past 16 years flat outs refutes this post.  No team in the history of sports has benefitted from poor calls as the Patriots have, it started with the fumble against the Raiders & continues with the blown whistle that was in error that cost the Jags the winning TD.  Spygate, tapes are destroyed, deflategate, they get a slap on the wrist.  I am not quite sure what the league's incentive is to make sure the Patriots are on top, who knows maybe Kraft has the negatives of Goodell & his gay lover in bed, but the evidence is overwhelming at this point. 

That's nonsense. There's no proof whatsoever that that blown whistle was in error. No camera angle shows where the hands were when he got possession. And if there's no conclusive evidence from all the cameras going over it in super slo-mo, there's no reason to think it was a bad call.

Yeah, the tapes were destroyed in Spygate, probably to end the controversy. And then came Deflategate which appears to have been a makeup call for Spygate with the evidence not supporting the penalty. I thought the Pats were guilty there too but there is no conclusive evidence. A makeup call. Which made sense to me, personally, the Pats deserved it.

But there is no conspiracy except the conspiracy to imagine a conspiracy.

This thread is silly with people NOT considering the favouritism the Pats* get.  It insults me as a person and what I see.  Watching the Pats* used to be a thought they get some calls.  Now it is full blown stupid!  And, the Pats* and their fans don’t see it and think they are getting the short end.  Crazy world, fake news!  It’s similar to Trump pissing on our backs and telling us it’s raining!  Mad, mad world!  I will not read past page 1.5 in this thread.  Mic drop

Edited by Manther

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

There's no proof whatsoever that that blown whistle was in error. No camera angle shows where the hands were when he got possession. And if there's no conclusive evidence from all the cameras going over it in super slo-mo, there's no reason to think it was a bad call.

Usually on a play such as this, the refs will let it play out and then check the replay. Slicing and dicing down like that is ridiculous. They found one frame where you can say maybe I guess.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, the tapes were destroyed in Spygate, probably to end the controversy.

:lol:

Roger destroyed the tapes because they also had Super Bowl walkthrough footage of the Rams and Eagles at least. Maybe the Panthers too.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Usually on a play such as this, the refs will let it play out and then check the replay. Slicing and dicing down like that is ridiculous. They found one frame where you can say maybe I guess.

Roger destroyed the tapes because they also had Super Bowl walkthrough footage of the Rams and Eagles at least. Maybe the Panthers too.

No, they don't let it play out, not if they think it was down. Doing so - not calling it down even if you think it is - is actually making a call on the field that it was not down, which means that incontrovertible evidence of the opposite is necessary to overturn it. They're taught that if they think it's down they should whistle it dead. In other words, not whistling the play dead is in effect making the call that the player was not down. 

"The official who blew the play dead may have had a better view than the TV cameras of where Jack and Lewis were at the time Jack recovered the fumble, or he may have just assumed Jack was touched down because he saw Jack and Lewis going to the ground right next to each other. If the officials would err on the side of letting a play go, it would allow replay to fix any mistakes. But when asked about the play, the league office told PFT that officials are supposed to call what they see, and not let a play go just because they might get corrected on replay."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/22/quick-whistle-may-have-robbed-myles-jack-of-a-fumble-recovery-touchdown/

--------

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if there had been serious conclusive evidence on those tapes they destroyed. I think that's why they got the big punishment for DeflateGate when the evidence was strong but absolutely left room for reasonable doubt. I think they did it in both cases, myself.

But again, I don't doubt the Pats try to cheat. But the idea that the league cheats to favor them is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

No he didnt. He r3stroyed the tapes because one got leaked. The taping of rams walk through never happened.

4 hours ago, Chris66 said:

No he didnt. He r3stroyed the tapes because one got leaked. The taping of rams walk through never happened.

Prove it. 

I'm going to say it was because of all the other shenanigans they do it just makes sense that they did.  Marshall Faulk tells a story of how in SB preparation they put in a new formation and play they had never run all season.  When they lined up in it, NE had the perfect defense called.  Just because NE is so doggone good?  Or he's just jealous?  I doubt it.

But a person can believe whatever they want I guess.

Again, we'll never know for sure because the tapes were destroyed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Prove it. 

I'm going to say it was because of all the other shenanigans they do it just makes sense that they did.  Marshall Faulk tells a story of how in SB preparation they put in a new formation and play they had never run all season.  When they lined up in it, NE had the perfect defense called.  Just because NE is so doggone good?  Or he's just jealous?  I doubt it.

But a person can believe whatever they want I guess.

Again, we'll never know for sure because the tapes were destroyed.

You dont remember the whole Matt Walsh fiasco.

John Tomasse wrote that Rams walkthrough article. The Herald then had to retract it.

Just google boston herald / rams walk through.

15 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

You dont remember the whole Matt Walsh fiasco.

John Tomasse wrote that Rams walkthrough article. The Herald then had to retract it.

Just google boston herald / rams walk through.

I remember but I'm still not buying they didn't do it. Is he the only guy with a video camera?

They're like the kid you used to play checkers with that would say, hey, look over there, and when you did he or she rearranged the checkers.  After a couple of times, you were always suspicious they're cheating.  I don't trust them and assume they are cheating until proven otherwise.

Do you think they've only cheated twice? Spygate and Tommy's deflated football's?  Do you think they've stopped cheating?

12 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's nonsense. There's no proof whatsoever that that blown whistle was in error. No camera angle shows where the hands were when he got possession. And if there's no conclusive evidence from all the cameras going over it in super slo-mo, there's no reason to think it was a bad call.

Yeah, the tapes were destroyed in Spygate, probably to end the controversy. And then came Deflategate which appears to have been a makeup call for Spygate with the evidence not supporting the penalty. I thought the Pats were guilty there too but there is no conclusive evidence. A makeup call. Which made sense to me, personally, the Pats deserved it.

But there is no conspiracy except the conspiracy to imagine a conspiracy.

Correct. There is no conspiracy.

So lets work with the facts only.

What we do know that happens is refs favor the Cheats. So all we want is answers to the following. #2 being much more important than #1.

1. Why do refs favor the Cheats?

2. How can we stop it so best team in NFL stops getting extra help winning and the playing field is leveled for all teams?

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, Cmdjr85 said:

I encourage you to go back and watch the dion lewis fumble. Watch it several times, when his knee was on the ground the ball was in his possession. That was not a fumble. 

Thanks Al Riveron.

Did not know you were a board member here........lol

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:09 AM, Rochesterfan said:

This has been going on for years and there is no conspiracy.  Better teams get better calls.  Fans of teams that lose complain.  There is nothing worth noting here.

In the 90’s The Bills and the 49ers got more calls not because of a grand scheme - they were better teams and when a play was close things broke their way.  

People can complain about the calls, but for example Pittsburgh and the TE - based upon the current rules - they got the call correct - so it was not a conspiracy it is a guy falling down that lost control of the ball.

The NYJs game - you have the TE lose control of the ball before scoring and by the time he regains control he is in the air and lands out of bounds in the end zone - it was the correct call again - it sucks, but it was correct.

People complained mightily about the Miami fumble and the player touching it out of bounds - was that a league wide conspiracy also or was that the league getting the call right.

Heck even the Benjamin play if you legitimately look at it was very borderline and I can understand why it was ruled the way it was - control of the ball is always the issue and there is no way to conclusively get that right - it is almost always a judgement call.

That is why it should have been a TD. It was ruled a TD and replay was inconclusive. TD all day.

Edited by cba fan

The cheating stuff is way overblown....1) Tuck rule.....the rule existed and actually was used against NE in the 2001 season.....it was a stupid rule for sure, but it was the right call.....some seem to think the NFL  " made up " a rule on that day to give NE the win.....2) Spygate......yes..they placed cameras at spots that wasn't legal...but some seem to think that the act of filming is illegal...all teams film their game...all the time...they were punished severly for it.....3) Deflategate....was an absolute joke.....it became a struggle of power between Roger and the union...NE was and still is one of the best team regarding TOs....and they've dominating with balls inflated normally....4) Headset issues....the home team has nothing to do with those communications...they are managed by the league.....and it happens in all stadiums.....5) Taping the Rams practices at the SB.....the story was retracted...and besides M Faulk whining about a few time, there is absolutely no proof.....

They do push the limits like the game vs Baltimore with those weird formations....but it was legal....NE are the annoying kid who kicks your ass at a board game because he's the only one who actually read all the rules.....

Bill Cowher, Jimmy Johnson and many many other high regarded NFL people all claim that the cheating thing is silly.....

Besides a few players who got their butts handed to them by them, there's not a lot of NFL players/Coaches calling them cheaters....it's mainly the fans who are so tired of seeing them dominate.....

The good news is it's almost over...1 or 2 years and Brady will not be able to do what he does.....he's not playing like an MVP for another 5 years.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

The cheating stuff is way overblown....1) Tuck rule.....the rule existed and actually was used against NE in the 2001 season.....it was a stupid rule for sure, but it was the right call.....some seem to think the NFL  " made up " a rule on that day to give NE the win.....2) Spygate......yes..they placed cameras at spots that wasn't legal...but some seem to think that the act of filming is illegal...all teams film their game...all the time...they were punished severly for it.....3) Deflategate....was an absolute joke.....it became a struggle of power between Roger and the union...NE was and still is one of the best team regarding TOs....and they've dominating with balls inflated normally....4) Headset issues....the home team has nothing to do with those communications...they are managed by the league.....and it happens in all stadiums.....5) Taping the Rams practices at the SB.....the story was retracted...and besides M Faulk whining about a few time, there is absolutely no proof.....

They do push the limits like the game vs Baltimore with those weird formations....but it was legal....NE are the annoying kid who kicks your ass at a board game because he's the only one who actually read all the rules.....

Bill Cowher, Jimmy Johnson and many many other high regarded NFL people all claim that the cheating thing is silly.....

Besides a few players who got their butts handed to them by them, there's not a lot of NFL players/Coaches calling them cheaters....it's mainly the fans who are so tired of seeing them dominate.....

The good news is it's almost over...1 or 2 years and Brady will not be able to do what he does.....he's not playing like an MVP for another 5 years.....

And who are they employed by?

Who does their networks have a big money contract with?

I can almost guarantee that they talk about the unfair advatage shall i say during the games. They want to keep their jobs!

4 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

And who are they employed by?

Who does their networks have a big money contract with?

I can almost guarantee that they talk about the unfair advatage shall i say during the games. They want to keep their jobs!

You go with the assumption that the NFL, as a company, is rigging things to help NE win and that all employees are not saying anything to protect their jobs....Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cowher and many others former players and coaches have made enough money to support their great grand kids...It's not like they are afraid of losing their jobs....or what about former players and coaches who have no longer ties with the NFL...what benefit do they have to lie....like I said, most of them are calling the cheating stuff silly....

NE is good...very very good...it sucks, but it's going to finally end eventually.....