When will an owner speak out against this blatant favoritism for the *Patriots

jtothebrown

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

and 10% of the talent, it's sad watching almost all top NCAA teams run some kind of mickey-mouse-rag-tag-bush-league option game...

Unfortunately college football ball is over 100 years old. All the best programs are set in stone

Most of the top schools are option schools ... Ohio State has been running it for nearly 100 years... that's why they don't produce NFL QBs

but their athletes QB can dominate college for years

45 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

Its obvious that the NFL aka National Football Entertainment has their heal  that everyone loves to hate just like the wwe.

There were reports of players from other teams reaching out to certain Jags players after the game to rant about blatant no calls and questionable calls made in favour of the Pats.

My question is when will an owner speak out against this blatant favourtism for this team?

My answer is.... they wont because they are getting paid no matter what! The NFL is just sports entertainment, its liscensed as such, same as the WWE.

Time to tune out to anything NFL unless its Bills related!

You really couldn't shoehorn this thread into the many that share the same topic?

When will it stop?.....indeed.

I'll say it again to the cry-babies:

Tom Brady was the 199th pick in the 2000 draft. He sat the bench year 1 behind Drew Bledsoe. He was also injured and missed the 2008 season. He's been a starter for 16 NFL seasons. He's been in the super bowl 8 of those 16 seasons. His team has been behind by 10 or more points in the 4th qtr 7 times. The Patriots are 3-4 in those games. The rest of the NFL is 3-70 in those games.His main weapon Rob Gronkowski was out of yesterdays game. Julian Edelman has been out for the season. Yet again with a cast of no-name receivers he was 26 of 38 and 2 touchdowns. He's not a jerk either. Seems a nice guy, and very smart. Yea, he married a Victoria's secret super model but wouldnt you if you were Tom Brady ? You can hate the Patriots (and I do) but you just cannot ignore the greatness that is Tom Brady. Rather than root for him to be injured (like the poorly parented fans at TBD do), just enjoy the show. When your grand-child asks you what was Tom Brady like ? Will you say he was the best ever? Will you say he sucked but the refs made his career ? I wont. I'll tell that kid I was proud to watch the best QB ever in the history of the National Football League. For the 2 or 3 years this 40 year old man has left in his career I will admire his excellence and you should too. There will never be another like him. Rant over.

Every penalty call was legit, blatant even. 

We all know that NE is the most disciplined and well-coached team and the Pats are often at the top of teams with the fewest penalties. BB doesn't employ players who consistently hurt the team.

Also, if you look at the penalties, there were no offensive holding calls for either team except the ST one on the Pats. Why is it so hard to believe that the Jags o-line can play penalty free, but not NE's?

The refs allowed the teams to play last night by only calling flagrant violations. No tick-tack calls. It's often said that holding could be called on every play, but we tend to focus on the ones the "other" team makes. 

The whistle on the Lewis fumble though... I don't know. That was a bang bang play. Even in slo-mo replay it was difficult to tell when Lewis was down and if the Jags player was down by contact. The refs often blow the whistle in that situation. 

When Brady cant take advantage.  Brady has been fantastic of taking the benfit of 50/50 penalty and turning them into 6.  Many teams have gotten lucky penalties or bad calls the differance is Brady scores Tds when other teams get Fgs.  You cannot play NE not to lose as well.  All said and done up 3 55 secs left in first have why dont you try to get atleast a fg.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jtothebrown said:

Its obvious that the NFL aka National Football Entertainment has their heal  that everyone loves to hate just like the wwe.

There were reports of players from other teams reaching out to certain Jags players after the game to rant about blatant no calls and questionable calls made in favour of the Pats.

My question is when will an owner speak out against this blatant favourtism for this team?

My answer is.... they wont because they are getting paid no matter what! The NFL is just sports entertainment, its liscensed as such, same as the WWE.

Time to tune out to anything NFL unless its Bills related!

Why bother watching if its rigged. If its like you thinkba small market like the Bills dont stand a chance. Heck why do teams spend 16 hours a day going through all that work. 

12 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Tom Brady was the 199th pick in the 2000 draft. He sat the bench year 1 behind Drew Bledsoe. He was also injured and missed the 2008 season. He's been a starter for 16 NFL seasons. He's been in the super bowl 8 of those 16 seasons. His team has been behind by 10 or more points in the 4th qtr 7 times. The Patriots are 3-4 in those games. The rest of the NFL is 3-70 in those games.His main weapon Rob Gronkowski was out of yesterdays game. Julian Edelman has been out for the season. Yet again with a cast of no-name receivers he was 26 of 38 and 2 touchdowns. He's not a jerk either. Seems a nice guy, and very smart. Yea, he married a Victoria's secret super model but wouldnt you if you were Tom Brady ? You can hate the Patriots (and I do) but you just cannot ignore the greatness that is Tom Brady. Rather than root for him to be injured (like the poorly parented fans at TBD do), just enjoy the show. When your grand-child asks you what was Tom Brady like ? Will you say he was the best ever? Will you say he sucked but the refs made his career ? I wont. I'll tell that kid I was proud to watch the best QB ever in the history of the National Football League. For the 2 or 3 years this 40 year old man has left in his career I will admire his excellence and you should too. There will never be another like him. Rant over.

Thanks for stopping in Mr. Brady!

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

We all know that NE is the most disciplined and well-coached team and the Pats are often at the top of teams with the fewest penalties. BB doesn't employ players who consistently hurt the team.

Also, if you look at the penalties, there were no offensive holding calls for either team except the ST one on the Pats. Why is it so hard to believe that the Jags o-line can play penalty free, but not NE's?

The refs allowed the teams to play last night by only calling flagrant violations. No tick-tack calls. It's often said that holding could be called on every play, but we tend to focus on the ones the "other" team makes. 

The whistle on the Lewis fumble though... I don't know. That was a bang bang play. Even in slo-mo replay it was difficult to tell when Lewis was down and if the Jags player was down by contact. The refs often blow the whistle in that situation. 

Pretty much bang on......  My only query was there were a few plays where the Jacksonville receivers seemed upset and they did not show a replay and heck the only holding call was declined (Bortles was sacked).  

Interesting on a side note that Bortles got no rushing yards, yet ran free vs. Buffalo.......

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

It stops when SOME OTHER TEAM mans up and drafts great players and coaches and executes as well as the Pats have for this dynasty.

ANY OTHER TEAM WANT TO EVEN BEGIN TRYING???????????????????

And this my friends is the winning answer.  Until we have star(s) on this team we will never get that extra love from the NFL and their officials.  There's nothing compelling or revenue generating on our team.

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Pretty much bang on......  My only query was there were a few plays where the Jacksonville receivers seemed upset and they did not show a replay and heck the only holding call was declined (Bortles was sacked).  

Interesting on a side note that Bortles got no rushing yards, yet ran free vs. Buffalo.......

I noticed that too. 2 rushes for 2 yards or -2 yards, I think. I know the plan was to stop the Fournette (3yards/carry) and spy Bortles. Make him beat them with his arm. It seemed to work in the 2nd half when the Jags started playing conservatively. Actually, at the end of the 1st half by kneeling with 55 seconds told us all we needed to know about Marrone's faith in Blake. Still, it looked like he could have run for some chunks of yards a couple times. 

I didnt see any officials preventing the Jags from completing passes, opening up more holes in the run game, and rushing more than 4 guys in the 2nd half. The officials didnt allow the Pats Dline to sack Bortles. Watching the Jags in the second half was like watching the Bills play.....they couldnt do anything but hope time expires before Brady can throw another TD. 

1 hour ago, ricko1112 said:

There were so many non-tick tacky flagrant holds that game it wasn't funny. One such was on the 9 yard run that sealed the game. Take a look at the neck close line. That was happening all game long. The Pats O line was unable to keep Jacksonville contained without straight up holding them. Bull!

• Like (+1) 1

Any coincidence that Krafty was always on the hook with his own money.  They won't allow him to fail.  Remember when he wanted to move to Hartford, CT?

Too big and too much in to fail privately... Unless they are fleecing the taxpayer... SEE: St.Louis.

It is what it isn't.  Most wanted this "New NFL."  It all started with the salary cap.

6 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

There were so many non-tick tacky flagrant holds that game it wasn't funny. One such was on the 9 yard run that sealed the game. Take a look at the neck close line. That was happening all game long. The Pats O line was unable to keep Jacksonville contained without straight up holding them. Bull!

Too many cameras will be The League's eventual undoing.

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

Why bother watching if its rigged. If its like you thinkba small market like the Bills dont stand a chance. Heck why do teams spend 16 hours a day going through all that work. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

I gonna  buy you some brand new knee pads sir!

You are certainly going to need them!

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

The quality of posts on this board has gone downhill

Why yes - yes they have.....

Go Bills

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Sadly I agree with this.....the man is good - beyond good even - BUT he is a liar.  Never forget that, an EPIC liar.  I know deflategate was pure utter rubbish but his responses were why he got 4 games.....the man flat out bald faced lied.  AND everyone in the room knew it.......hence the 4 games.

Go Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

I have some tinfoil hats for you guys to use .  

So you actually believe that the Patriots committed zero penalties on either offense or defense the entire game.  I think you're the one that needs the tinfoil hat.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1