When will an owner speak out against this blatant favoritism for the *Patriots

jtothebrown

In fairness the fumble called against Lewis was not a fumble.  Refs were confused with receiver rule.  His knee was down.  Also, the helmet to helmet against Gronk should have been PI AND 15 yards personal foul.  Calls always go both ways.  Hate the Pats, but they're !@#$ good.

3 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

The good news is it's almost over...1 or 2 years and Brady will not be able to do what he does.....he's not playing like an MVP for another 5 years.....

It won't end when Tommy retires unless Bill Bellyache retires at the same time. If not, the train keeps rolling. He's 13-6 in games without Tommy.

Edited by reddogblitz

On 1/24/2018 at 8:27 PM, reddogblitz said:

Here are 2 cases of the Gillette clock mysteriously stopping at 1 second before half or 2:00 warning giving the Cheaters** an extra play.

The clock stops at 2:01well before the ref signals for timeout.

Even Tony Romo mentioned this one and acted like it was a known phenomenon, "The Gillette Clock".

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This article is a little disingenuous imho.  They take the extreme premise that it's all fixed and everyone is in on it.  It finds a few things in the Jaguars game and says, see, it's not fixed.

I don't think it's some grand conspiracy like that.  I just think they cheat.  Like the head sets.  Mike Tomlin and Peyton Manning say it only happens there.  Coincidence or they just have bad wiring or something?  Flutie said the headsets worked after they were supposed to be shut off 15 seconds left on play clock when he played there. 

Did you watch the vids I attached above.  Funny clock things going on at Gillette.  If they're so great, why do they have to do these kinds of things?

Can't it be both?  They're a good team and they cheat?

I actually thought the Jaguars game was pretty decently called.  I've seen a lot worse.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

This article is a little disingenuous imho.  They take the extreme premise that it's all fixed and everyone is in on it.  It finds a few things in the Jaguars game and says, see, it's not fixed.

I don't think it's some grand conspiracy like that.  I just think they cheat.  Like the head sets.  Mike Tomlin and Peyton Manning say it only happens there.  Coincidence or they just have bad wiring or something?  Flutie said the headsets worked after they were supposed to be shut off 15 seconds left on play clock when he played there. 

Did you watch the vids I attached above.  Funny clock things going on at Gillette.  If they're so great, why do they have to do these kinds of things?

Can't it be both?  They're a good team and they cheat?

I actually thought the Jaguars game was pretty decently called.  I've seen a lot worse.

While I see your point, here is the thing though:  Cheating accusations are not the same as claiming the NFL rigs things in their favor or the refs are intentionally helping them win.  That is the topic of this thread a bunch of other threads on this page where posters are insisting the NFL is intentionally helping the Patriots to win more by manipulating officials to the benefit of the Pats.

Its not unreasonable to think, believe, or suggest that the Pats are trying to be tricky, bend the rules, or flat out cheat...especially since they have had fines for such actions already.  However, its an entirely other ball of utter nonsense for anyone suggest the NFL is risking its $100 Billion Company to try and help the Pats win more through officiating and manipulation of the rules.  Especially considering Goodell works for all 32 owners and has both imposed the largest (and maximum) penalties in the history of the NFL against the Pats for Spygate and took Brady through multiple court cases, appeals, etc to make sure they got his suspension upheld.  

NOTE:  Cheating and bending the rules have been a LONG staple of the NFL players and teams.  If anyone thinks it was just the Pats then they are being to short sighted due to understandable hatred of the Pats.  Just to cite one well know example...Jerry Rice, considered the GOAT at WR and by many the GOAT overall to ever play, admitted to cheating every Sunday wearing illegal stick em on his hands.  Just like the best Pitchers in baseball have used substances on clothes, hats, etc to get an edge or batters using corked bats.  Coaches block their mouths calling plays because the other teams brought in lip readers to steal plays.  I mean the list is a mile long.  I don't say that to defend the Pats by any means, but just making the point that teams/players trying to break the rules for an edge is nothing new and that the NFL is not the ones actively participating in it to favor certain teams. 

9 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

And who are they employed by?

Who does their networks have a big money contract with?

I can almost guarantee that they talk about the unfair advatage shall i say during the games. They want to keep their jobs!

This makes no sense at all Marshal Faulk whined about it on the NFL network itself originally- why would CBS or Fox keep a complete lid on it.

Besides there are a bigger percentage of former players out of the league and you hear next to nothing - you don’t think something would come out with disgruntled former players either on the team or playing that team.

Real tin foil hat stuff here.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While I see your point, here is the thing though:  Cheating accusations are not the same as claiming the NFL rigs things in their favor or the refs are intentionally helping them win.  That is the topic of this thread a bunch of other threads on this page where posters are insisting the NFL is intentionally helping the Patriots to win more by manipulating officials to the benefit of the Pats.

Its not unreasonable to think, believe, or suggest that the Pats are trying to be tricky, bend the rules, or flat out cheat...especially since they have had fines for such actions already.  However, its an entirely other ball of utter nonsense for anyone suggest the NFL is risking its $100 Billion Company to try and help the Pats win more through officiating and manipulation of the rules.  Especially considering Goodell works for all 32 owners and has both imposed the largest (and maximum) penalties in the history of the NFL against the Pats for Spygate and took Brady through multiple court cases, appeals, etc to make sure they got his suspension upheld.  

NOTE:  Cheating and bending the rules have been a LONG staple of the NFL players and teams.  If anyone thinks it was just the Pats then they are being to short sighted due to understandable hatred of the Pats.  Just to cite one well know example...Jerry Rice, considered the GOAT at WR and by many the GOAT overall to ever play, admitted to cheating every Sunday wearing illegal stick em on his hands.  Just like the best Pitchers in baseball have used substances on clothes, hats, etc to get an edge or batters using corked bats.  Coaches block their mouths calling plays because the other teams brought in lip readers to steal plays.  I mean the list is a mile long.  I don't say that to defend the Pats by any means, but just making the point that teams/players trying to break the rules for an edge is nothing new and that the NFL is not the ones actively participating in it to favor certain teams. 

Agreed - we known Belicheat is well known for taking his advantages to the edge and then well beyond into cheating territory - they have been repeatedly caught and punished for that and it would not surprise me if something else is found before the end.  

I just do not believe it is a league sanctioned thing or that the league in anyway condones or pushes the Pats to win - that to me is crazy.

If you told me there is a bad ref - much like basketball- I could believe that maybe, but it does not happen with one crew and there is no way 1 single ref could have that much impact - even if it is Riveron in NY - to impact enough games to make a difference.

• Like (+1) 1