When will an owner speak out against this blatant favoritism for the *Patriots

jtothebrown

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not only did the league NOT let them off the hook, they enforced the max penalties allowed under the league rules and the most severe penalties in the history of the NFL up to that point.

The league didn't strip them of their Superbowl trophy, though.

Tonya Harding was stripped of her national championship medal.

Edited by nonprophet

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

How exactly would that fumble been overturned?

They could have let the Patriots keep the ball, by saying that he was down and he still had the ball. I actually thought it was very close to the latter.....yes, the ball was jarred a little, and it moved a little, and when he was officially "downed" to the ground, it seemed that he still had it pinned against his body.  Could have gone either way, in my mind.

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

I encourage you to go back and watch the dion lewis fumble. Watch it several times, when his knee was on the ground the ball was in his possession. That was not a fumble. 

That’s ridiculous.  He was able to steady it temporarily, but never fully regained possession after it moved initially.

An obvious fumble.

On 1/22/2018 at 1:46 PM, row_33 said:

It stops when SOME OTHER TEAM mans up and drafts great players and coaches and executes as well as the Pats have for this dynasty.

ANY OTHER TEAM WANT TO EVEN BEGIN TRYING???????????????????

I am actually wondering if you are a patriot fan-you repeatedly speak as if they do not have history of cheating and getting absurd calls to help them. I do not mind someone having a differing opinion but to ignore the fact that so much shenanigans happens with pats is absurd. 

33 minutes ago, Success said:

That’s ridiculous.  He was able to steady it temporarily, but never fully regained possession after it moved initially.

An obvious fumble.

I disagree with both posts stating call was "obvious" whatever call on field was would stand in my book. I think it was fumble but if called down I would not state it was clearly a fumble but I hate pats so close calls I always go against them.

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

On 1/22/2018 at 2:28 PM, jaybee said:

I'll say it again to the cry-babies:

Tom Brady was the 199th pick in the 2000 draft. He sat the bench year 1 behind Drew Bledsoe. He was also injured and missed the 2008 season. He's been a starter for 16 NFL seasons. He's been in the super bowl 8 of those 16 seasons. His team has been behind by 10 or more points in the 4th qtr 7 times. The Patriots are 3-4 in those games. The rest of the NFL is 3-70 in those games.His main weapon Rob Gronkowski was out of yesterdays game. Julian Edelman has been out for the season. Yet again with a cast of no-name receivers he was 26 of 38 and 2 touchdowns. He's not a jerk either. Seems a nice guy, and very smart. Yea, he married a Victoria's secret super model but wouldnt you if you were Tom Brady ? You can hate the Patriots (and I do) but you just cannot ignore the greatness that is Tom Brady. Rather than root for him to be injured (like the poorly parented fans at TBD do), just enjoy the show. When your grand-child asks you what was Tom Brady like ? Will you say he was the best ever? Will you say he sucked but the refs made his career ? I wont. I'll tell that kid I was proud to watch the best QB ever in the history of the National Football League. For the 2 or 3 years this 40 year old man has left in his career I will admire his excellence and you should too. There will never be another like him. Rant over.

I am sorry but I must disagree- you skip over a large portion of his story which paints a different picture. 

He was a loser in high school(look it up if you think I am wrong) and a backup to a  baseball player in college. His early success was the result of cheating too a very high degree. He finally stopped cheating when caught and then had 6-7 years with much less post season success than during his cheating days. Finally he started cheating again and started winning again in postseason. This rant is nothing to do with dominance against Bills(many team have dominated my favorite teams) The officials help I do not blame him for because I do believe the NFL officials and so full of themselves that they are simply confirming there bias during games. NFL has lost about 20% of the fans over the past 3 years and Brady being considered the GOAT is a big reason; most real sport fans do not respect cheaters. Finally I find it odd that Barry Bonds is not going to the hall of fame for cheating when he was great before ever cheating and cheating helped in one manner(homeruns). Brady first non cheating game was in 2008 and he did not win a SB for quite a while after that.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am sorry but I must disagree- you skip over a large portion of his story which paints a different picture. 

He was a loser in high school(look it up if you think I am wrong) and a backup to a  baseball player in college. His early success was the result of cheating too a very high degree. He finally stopped cheating when caught and then had 6-7 years with much less post season success than during his cheating days. Finally he started cheating again and started winning again in postseason. This rant is nothing to do with dominance against Bills(many team have dominated my favorite teams) The officials help I do not blame him for because I do believe the NFL officials and so full of themselves that they are simply confirming there bias during games. NFL has lost about 20% of the fans over the past 3 years and Brady being considered the GOAT is a big reason; most real sport fans do not respect cheaters. Finally I find it odd that Barry Bonds is not going to the hall of fame for cheating when he was great before ever cheating and cheating helped in one manner(homeruns). Brady first non cheating game was in 2008 and he did not win a SB for quite a while after that.

Do you have evidence linking the NFL’s loss of fans to Brady?  First time I’ve heard of this contention ....

12 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They are both primadonnas of their sport.  I think it is a great analogy.

Tonya conspired to have guys assault (break the leg) another competitor.  That’s a crime. The skating association based their penalties on this.  Not on being a primadona....  It is not a criminal offense to be a primadona  .    So the analogy is not very apt.

Edited by prissythecat

16 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

Im not even gonna question yiur fanhood here, but it seems like you really dont watch Bills games when we play them. I cant even begin to list how many phantom calls or incosistent calls are made against us when we play them.

Not to also mention how many of their oppents and their fans are screaming the same exact thing we are. Pitsburgh, Ny Jets, Jax this year alone there have been strange calls made in their favor, but never against them when it matters.

This has been going on for years and there is no conspiracy.  Better teams get better calls.  Fans of teams that lose complain.  There is nothing worth noting here.

In the 90’s The Bills and the 49ers got more calls not because of a grand scheme - they were better teams and when a play was close things broke their way.  

People can complain about the calls, but for example Pittsburgh and the TE - based upon the current rules - they got the call correct - so it was not a conspiracy it is a guy falling down that lost control of the ball.

The NYJs game - you have the TE lose control of the ball before scoring and by the time he regains control he is in the air and lands out of bounds in the end zone - it was the correct call again - it sucks, but it was correct.

People complained mightily about the Miami fumble and the player touching it out of bounds - was that a league wide conspiracy also or was that the league getting the call right.

Heck even the Benjamin play if you legitimately look at it was very borderline and I can understand why it was ruled the way it was - control of the ball is always the issue and there is no way to conclusively get that right - it is almost always a judgement call.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, nonprophet said:

The technology exists to detect what happened on a play to a far greater degree of accuracy than any group of human referees can ever hope to achieve. If the NFL put sensors on the ball, the players and embedded in the field most calls could be made automatically by a bank of redundant, dispassionate computers that independently funnel all that collected data into a decision tree based on the NFL rule book and the decision that the majority of the computers agree on would be the call. The referees would just exist as a backup in the case of technical problems and a sanity check on the computed call.

Each computer's software could be implemented differently so that hacking enough of them to influence the majority decision would be a lot harder to pull off.

I would love love to see this happen, but I think you are very wrong to assume any amount of sensors could have any kind of accuracy calling a game.  There is just no way.  How would it decide catch versus non catch - at what point would it know and at what sensitivity are things set.  

The Pats fumble is a perfect example - it was clear the ball was loose, but when his knee was down he had the ball pinned to his leg - what algorithm is going to be able to decide if he had possession or not - there was pressure - so to the sensor the ball was in possession.  

A sack could create a similar situation with a fumble, but the ball in between two bodies and sensors can feel the pressure - it would not know if it was the QB or the Defender putting that pressure on.

Embedding sensors in the field cause another issue as fields change throughout the game - a grass field gets torn up in spots so how do you keep it calibrated correctly - also you get games like the snow game and there may be 5 inches of snow on top of the field and that will have huge implications on calls.

Someday maybe when the game is played with robots and in a cyber field maybe this will work, but I do not think it is anyth8ng close to usable for the foreseeable future.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

That's some serious tinfoil hat stuff...

• Haha (+1) 3

I think it's just how it goes... the top teams and players get the calls..

Remember Cam being told "you haven't earned that call" by a ref after he took yet another blatant cheap shot and complained?

I was watching something (can't remember where) on the 49ers a while ago and of course there were montages of Montana's TD passes. In the clip he throws a TD and the refs come out of the endzone grinning from ear to ear signaling TD.

Just how it works. Nothing new, and eventually they will be on to the next best thing and many of us will say "Yeah, but _________ is no Brady!"

. Go read what belichick said about penalties. He said alot of penalties are a result if poor technique.  The team spends alot of time teaching proper technique. 

Disipline is key, you make a big mistake your playing time can come to an end. 

On 1/22/2018 at 1:40 PM, prissythecat said:

I have some tinfoil hats for you guys to use .  

I think tinfoil hats are better than the economy size condom you wear as a stocking mask,

On 1/22/2018 at 1:47 PM, prissythecat said:

The quality of posts on this board has gone downhill

Your contribution on this matter has been a big factor.

On 1/22/2018 at 2:28 PM, jaybee said:

He's not a jerk either. Seems a nice guy, and very smart. Yea, he married a Victoria's secret super model but wouldnt you if you were Tom Brady ?

I'd call dumping his pregnant girlfriend as be a "jerk".  He is your role model?

9 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think it's just how it goes... the top teams and players get the calls..

Remember Cam being told "you haven't earned that call" by a ref after he took yet another blatant cheap shot and complained?

I was watching something (can't remember where) on the 49ers a while ago and of course there were montages of Montana's TD passes. In the clip he throws a TD and the refs come out of the endzone grinning from ear to ear signaling TD.

Just how it works. Nothing new, and eventually they will be on to the next best thing and many of us will say "Yeah, but _________ is no Brady!"

Kobe’s Lakers, the Steelers, ‘90s Cowboys - good teams seem to get a few more calls.  

The Jags game had a few bad ones - but the Jags hardly scored in the 2nd half.  You have to play the full 60 to beat New England.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

So let me get this straight...because I choose to look at the topic with logic and reason by removing any biased views from being a Bills fan and look at the topic objectively that makes me a Pats fan?  HAHAHAHA what a ridiculous thing to say.  

I guess you are only a Bills fan if you think Goodell, under the instruction from the other 31 team owners, is commanding the referees to cheat on behalf of the Patriots in an effort to MAYBE get a MINOR boost in ratings in ONE game and are willing to risk having the NFL, a league worth around $100 Billion dollars, fail to do so.    Nevermind the average value of each team is now worth $2.3 Billion and each of those 31 owners risk personally losing billions by screwing with the integrity of the league so ANOTHER TEAM that they DONT own can win more and make more money over all the other 31 teams.

#Priceless

I got some magic beans and tin foil hats to sell you when you are ready.

You are a pats fan. Only way to fix it and get treatment is to admit it.

Here are 2 cases of the Gillette clock mysteriously stopping at 1 second before half or 2:00 warning giving the Cheaters** an extra play.

The clock stops at 2:01well before the ref signals for timeout.

Even Tony Romo mentioned this one and acted like it was a known phenomenon, "The Gillette Clock".

Edited by reddogblitz