A Look Back at "Just Give It to 'Em" by PFW

As I recall, Ralph Wilson demanded that Walt Coleman never be assigned to ref a Bills game again.  Of course the league refused. 

There isn't more to be said about those two critical calls at the end of the game.  The Bills got hosed, completely.  I don't know if it was incompetence on the part of the refs, or something more nefarious, but the Bills deserved to win that game.

More history:  The Bills made the playoffs that year, as the fifth seed.  They had the same record (10-6) as the fourth seed, Miami, but were seeded lower due to a tie breaker.  If they had been awarded the victory over the Pats that they earned, they would have been the fourth seed, and had home field advantage in the playoff game.  But the game instead was in Miami, and the fish won by a touchdown.  Miami went on to get crushed by the Broncos, who were pretty dominant and went on to win the Super Bowl that year.  Would Buffalo have done better against Denver than Miami did?  Probably, but they were probably not going to beat Denver in Denver anyway.

Edited by Utah John

2 hours ago, Logic said:

This reminds me of Sal Cappaccio posting yesterday that a good friend of his bet big money on a Jacksonville - New Orleans parlay. One tackle away from a huge windfall. Ouch.

.....how about the Vikes taking a knee on the extra point and the 5.5 point spread was NOT covered?.....bigger ouch................