Favorite meaningless games/wins over the years

Another Fan

Having a hard time dealing with it'll either be the Jags or Pats in the SuperBowl so I was thinking of past games that made me smile.  You can argue most of these hurt our draft picks more than anything but I enjoyed them:

2008: 2nd to last game against the Broncos.  Came up with a surprising win to ruin their season.  Not that I have anything against Denver

2009: Last game against the Colts.  The snow made it fun to watch and the fans their that day looked into it

2010: 1st win of the year against the Lions.  I was unemployed then so that made me smile.  Were 0-8 up to that point

2012: Last game against the Jets.  Jets beat us 6 in a row up to that point.  The win still kinda felt nice even though meaningless.

2013: Against Baltimore.  One of the two times I was at the stadium. The Legend of Kiko was born that day.  always had a soft spot in my heart for him until recently 

2015: Beating the Cowboys and Jets.  The Cowboys since we only play them every four years.  The Jets game because it ruined their playoff hopes.  I still don't think they've really recovered from it

Edited by Another Fan

12/12/2010:  Buffalo 13, Browns 6

The first time I could afford to go out to a Bills game as a lifelong Bills fan.  We checked out Bar Bill, Niagara Falls and the Anchor Bar while in the area (I know, cliche, but had to do it).  Game day it was pretty miserable (about 32 degrees but raining) and we had no idea what we were doing tailgating.  Fortunately we came across some season ticket holders who had a easy-up who showed us how to have a good time and swapped food and booze.  We ended up sitting in their area instead of front row end zone just for the commraderie and had a blast.  It was one of the best weekends of my life.  Now I make it to a game every year.

6 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah Week 17 2015.  You're talking about the game Fitz threw 3 picks in the last quarter right?

It was 2008 that Miami won the division so a different game but I do remember that game with Fitz throwing 3 picks.

One of my favorite meaningless games was in the 01-02 or 02-03 season.  Bills were 3-13 that year but me and my buddy decided to skip work and go to the ticket booth and see what we could get.  Got tickets on the 45, 15 rows up on the home team side for 40 a piece.  Ended up beating Carolina 25-23 or something like that.

Edited by The Wiz

I won't say this was meaningless to me, but since we didn't make the playoffs that year, I suppose it would be considered meaningless to some people.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Rewind-2011-Bills-Patriots-Highlights/0cc6f306-61cf-4b12-9450-bc4b83c91aa5

Oh, and beating the Jets in Detroit on "Tuesday Night Football" after the blizzard. We won two games in Detroit that season. Think about that - there were years when the LIONS couldn't win two games in Detroit!

2 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I won't say this was meaningless to me, but since we didn't make the playoffs that year, I suppose it would be considered meaningless to some people.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Rewind-2011-Bills-Patriots-Highlights/0cc6f306-61cf-4b12-9450-bc4b83c91aa5

Yeah that game was crazy.  Maybe I should have prefaced my original by saying games we'd already been mathematically eliminated in or pretty close to it. 

The Ravens game in 13' was the only one I mentioned above. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

2015 Jets at home to knock them out of the playoffs was great, meaningless fun.

2013 19-0 victory against Fish at The Ralph in freezing rain in December was also glorious. Tannehill was brutal and miserable. 

Forgot about that Dolphins game, that was a good one.  I think it bounced them from the playoffs as well. 

Week 3 2011 when we came back from 21-0 to beat the pats for the first time in forever and go 3-0. That game was the loudest I've ever personally heard the stadium. At the time I thought that would be our year. I still have the sports illustrated from that week with Drayton Florence returning his pick-6 on the cover.

Home opener vs Tampa in '09.

I had been to 27 games in my life to that point, and Buffalo lost all of them. Tampa was the first win I saw in person.

After that it was Pats game week 3 2011. Was there with my uncle and it was great. They announced over the loudspeaker before the FG to not storm the field! Awesome.

I would say the colts game this year too, but OP specified "meaningless" and without that W, we would have miss3d the playoffs.