Marcell Is Talking Tough: Says He's an All-Pro and Bills Treated Him Like A "Nobody"

BuffaloRush

14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Where am I obsessed?

All those things I listed were big media stories.

I have a very good memory.

How does that equal obsessed?

why even post about it? why even care about a former player? what affect does it have on you personally?

seems you're not the only one based on this thread that seem to have this obsession, kind of like little choir boys who never do no wrong want to hang on to a former player and criticize his past actions like it really matters now. it doesn't.

he's gone. if you're still running your mouth about him, that's an obsession, period.

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

why even post about it? why even care about a former player? what affect does it have on you personally?

seems you're not the only one based on this thread that seem to have this obsession, kind of like little choir boys who never do no wrong want to hang on to a former player and criticize his past actions like it really matters now. it doesn't.

he's gone. if you're still running your mouth about him, that's an obsession, period.

Why even come on a message board and post?

You're still running your mouth telling people on a message board that they are obsessed for debating a topic, which is the exact purpose of this message board, to have discussions.

Obviously you are obsessed too, based on you logic.

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

Dareus claimed the Bills "treated him like a nobody" because they didn't play him.  I assume he meant they didn't play him every down.  The fact of the matter is he can't play every down because of his (lack of) conditioning, and even the Jags weren't playing him every down and (at the time) had only started him in 1 of his 9 (now 2 of 11) games with them.  The hard-hitting Jax media missed on that follow-up. 

Lack of conditioning? Aside there being no proof at all. He would be responsible for his own conditioning, it's no one's responsible except his own.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Why even come on a message board and post?

You're still running your mouth telling people on a message board that they are obsessed for debating a topic, which is the exact purpose of this message board, to have discussions.

Obviously you are obsessed too, based on you logic.

I am. you're correct. I come to read the bull **** and in some cases read about the team GOING FORWARD. but, as obsession is, some are obsessed with the past, can't let go and some are obsessed reading bull ****, plenty of that going around here.

the topic you're debating serves what purpose? will it change anything? can you change the past? if not, then the topic/debate is useless and nothing more then bull ****.

carry on, carry on.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I am. you're correct. I come to read the bull **** and in some cases read about the team GOING FORWARD. but, as obsession is, some are obsessed with the past, can't let go and some are obsessed reading bull ****, plenty of that going around here.

the topic you're debating serves what purpose? will it change anything? can you change the past? if not, then the topic/debate is useless and nothing more then bull ****.

carry on, carry on.

Debating moves the team has made (or chose not to make) is one of the biggest things people do in regards to sports talk.

People learn from the past.

Discussing if it was a good move or not, and assessing the trade after some time has passed, is useful.

We can assess what it did for the team's future, in this case freeing much needed cap space being used by a player who wasn't contributing, as well as removing a locker room cancer (in the eyes of many) which helps the roster going forward (removing negativity, showing other players and teams that we mean business and aren't a joke)

Also, debating it and reflecting on it later down the road can teach things, like if it was a poor trade /roster move (aka trading up for losman, Sammy, or just taking ej early) let's you try to not make similar mistakes again.

Do you never reflect on past decisions in your life?

You always "move forward"?

I doubt that.

I don't see how us debating a player trade affects you or your viewing of any other topics, you are the one choosing to ride this thread.

You just sound like a cranky old man yelling at the tree in his front yard.

1 hour ago, Mountain Man said:

Lack of conditioning? Aside there being no proof at all. He would be responsible for his own conditioning, it's no one's responsible except his own.

I agree it’s on him.  The point is that several different coaching staffs didn’t/don’t think that he’s an every down player.  So that means everybody is treating him like a nobody

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

So you’ve never posted about a Bills player who left the team, right? I doubt that. 

And what do you have for Dareus anyway?  Sure he's gone, but he's the one who brought up the Bills and how they allegedly disrespected him.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From a purely football-value standpoint, I agree with you that maximizing his play for 2 years would have helped the team.

I think there are two other factors:

1) it has an inevitably corrosive effect on the team's "culture" when the highest-paid guys aren't the highest-effort guys.  If rookies see the $95M man showing up late and dozing off in meetings, being unhappy, putting up less than 100% effort in practice and on the field, maybe not taking coaching - any talk about "earning the right to win" and "championship caliber" ring hollow.  From a morale/coaching POV, your highest paid guys have to be your leaders, the ones who set the example.

2) by taking a hideous cap hit in 2018, the Bills cleared Marcell off the books in 2019 and forward, freeing cap if they want to make a move in FA.

Agree 100%. This idea that a new staff should tolerate a career malcontent in the midst of establishing their own culture of 100% buy-in is absurd. Their is no “maximizing” value in that scenario. None.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Why post about anything then?  Just let the board close.

People here opine about Bills stuff.  An ex-player criticizing the team is a subject to opine upon.

• Like (+1) 1

He acted and starting performing like a nobody.  If he was playing to the same level he was signed at this would be a non story.  You can get away with all the other stuff if Sunday's for 3 hours you are one of the best players on the field.  When you are not meeting your performance expectations the other things become a problem.  He has steadily declined in performances for 2 years and his diva tactics wore bare.