Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

I'm surprised more people aren't excited about this hire. 

He checks a lot of the boxes people said they wanted. 

-He uses a diversified power run game (very similar to Roman) that he has had much success with and will obviously bring to the Bills. 

-He has been a QB coach at the NFL and college level (and was just OC and QB coach of Alabama) and has experience working with young QBs.

-He believes in designing an offense to fit his players, not in forcing a rigid system on a team. 

-He's shown to be able to make in game adjustments 

-He's not just some old retread set in his ways or just some friend of McDermott's.

He is a very young coach (by NFL standards) and seems open to change. 

I am pretty darn optimistic about this hire. 

• Like (+1) 2

I've had some time to digest this move and still not sure I like it. While certainly not the worst possible choice (at least I think), there's nothing about his previous resume that stands out other than working for Hoodie and Saban.

Just wondering what the context is behind it because his profile seems to scream a match for a QB like TT and a run heavy offense and if that is truly this regimes new planned they are destined to begin another lengthy playoff drought especially if they haven't been paying attention to the playoffs and watching both elite and unheralded QB's put up big numbers in the passing game to lead their teams to wins.

12 hours ago, kdiggz said:

He has super bowl rings as an assistant with the Patriots. Everyone does. The guys that deflated the footballs do  too. Even Vladamir Putin has one. Nothing exciting about that. If you are associated with the Pats you are going to get rings. Doesn't mean squat.

Love this. Great post and totally true. LOL

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Another overlooked element is that he got his first OC job at like 34, which is obviously quite young. Not unheard of but not common either. 17 years experience, under a bunch of different coaches including the two great ones, and still a young guy, is a good combination IMO.

I still think one of the best parts about this hire is his recent exposure to the college game (at a high level).  I really, really like it.

Wondering if the Bills will offer Daboll up for a press conference?  You know every other question will be about Tyrod and a QB -- they may not want to show their hand on the topic yet.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PolishDave said:

Ha.

Anthony Lynn got offered a head coaching job after one year of being Tyrod's offensive coordinator. :D

Your incessant weak ass bashing is both illogical and tiresome.

Philip Rivers, Tyrod Taylor ....  

hmm If an OC can get anything from TT he must be good   ;) :D:D

73.6% of  all statistics are made up.  

or is it 

63% Of All Statistics Are Made Up | STUDIES SHOW THAT 63% OF ALL STATISTICS ARE MADE UP | image tagged in cat reading,statistics,cats,animals,go cowboys,memes | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

16 minutes ago, eball said:

I still think one of the best parts about this hire is his recent exposure to the college game (at a high level).  I really, really like it.

Wondering if the Bills will offer Daboll up for a press conference?  You know every other question will be about Tyrod and a QB -- they may not want to show their hand on the topic yet.

I think there is a lot to like but IMO that idea may be overblown. He would have been only studying defenses all week, not concentrating on offenses as much in the film room, and then on game day when his defense was on the field, he would be talking to his offense and thinking about what they are doing next. I'm not sure the one year gave him any great insight into top offensive players, changes in the game, or much of anything new he could bring to the table.

Sure, while studying how the defense he will be playing the upcoming week dealt with the offenses, gives him some look at some players and systems, it's really about how the defenses reacted. And it was just one year. 

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Philip Rivers, Tyrod Taylor ....  

hmm If an OC can get anything from TT he must be good   ;) :D:D

73.6% of  all statistics are made up.  

or is it 

63% Of All Statistics Are Made Up | STUDIES SHOW THAT 63% OF ALL STATISTICS ARE MADE UP | image tagged in cat reading,statistics,cats,animals,go cowboys,memes | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Those glasses are fake. I know that cat and those are not his glasses.

• Haha (+1) 2