Chudzinski OC, Dorsey QB Coach, Match made in heaven

Hey, since apparently we're doing a thread for each option and idea we come up with, I figured I should start one for what looks like the best possible scenario.

Rob Chudzinski as OC

Ken Dorsey as QB Coach

While I wasnt high on Chud upfront, the idea to pair him with Dorsey would make a lot of sense. My main requirement for the new O staff is being QB-centric to develop our upcoming rookie. First thing that jumps out from Chud's Wikipedia page is that Dorsey was QB at Miami while Chud was OC, where they won a National Championship together and set a bunch of passing records.

With their prior experience together, and being passing/QB-centric, and BOTH of their connections to Carolina's staff while McD was there... It just makes too much sense.

Git'r'dun!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ILoveEndingTheSeasonInNov said:

This is the combo I am hoping for as well. Throw in Mike Tice as OL coach and we are really in buisness

I'd be very happy with the switch to Tice at OL. I'm even willing to keep Culley around with a move back to WR coach.

1 minute ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

David Culley would of been fired if he was leaving. We asked K.C. permission for him last year so I think you have your QB coach.

I dont think he's leaving, just moving. He's not a QB coach and shouldnt be in that spot. McD seems to be recognizing the obvious, so I expect him to know this too. If we keep Culley at QB Coach, there's no point in drafting a QB.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

5 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I like the Chud, Dorsey, Tice trio. I still think it's Bevell, but I was really happy to see Cable join Gruden's staff in Oakland so as to avoid that issue. I keep waking up thinking we'll have an announcement. Wonder how long this takes...

I wouldnt mind Bevell, former QB himself and former QB coach to Favre/Rogers. Wonder if we dont bring in Dorsey at QB coach regardless of OC?

11 minutes ago, ILoveEndingTheSeasonInNov said:

This is the combo I am hoping for as well. Throw in Mike Tice as OL coach and we are really in buisness

...agree that would be a pretty formidable lineup...........but this gang may hold Tice's previous indiscretions against him....

In March 2005, the NFL began to investigate Tice for organizing and profiting from a Super Bowl ticket scalping operation within the Vikings organization. He later admitted that these charges were true and the NFL fined him $100,000 on June 30, 2005. At the time, it was the largest fine ever handed down to a head coach in NFL history.

Tice was also the head coach during the Minnesota Vikings boat party scandal which occurred in October 2005. Some commentators believe that this incident led to his demise in Minnesota

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree that would be a pretty formidable lineup...........but this gang may hold Tice's previous indiscretions against him....

In March 2005, the NFL began to investigate Tice for organizing and profiting from a Super Bowl ticket scalping operation within the Vikings organization. He later admitted that these charges were true and the NFL fined him $100,000 on June 30, 2005. At the time, it was the largest fine ever handed down to a head coach in NFL history.

Tice was also the head coach during the Minnesota Vikings boat party scandal which occurred in October 2005. Some commentators believe that this incident led to his demise in Minnesota

I, for one, hope they like a redemption story. Tice is a very good OL coach and has been out of the papers for 13 years. I don't know him personally, but I think 13 years is enough time to let that water pass under the bridge.Just last year, Juan Castillo stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Pegula family. That cannot be forgotten or forgiven.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

I, for one, hope they like a redemption story. Tice is a very good OL coach and has been out of the papers for 13 years. I don't know him personally, but I think 13 years is enough time to let that water pass under the bridge.Just last year, Juan Castillo stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Pegula family. That cannot be forgotten or forgiven.

....LMAO!!...I love THAT perspective...nicely done.....:D

Count me as one who would be absolutely satisfied with this scenario...

And we already have one piece of the equation done....Mike Tice has accepted our offer and is already penciled in as our OL coach!  Some guy named Donkirk Bay Chadwick posted this several days ago, per his insider source....

So let's go get Chud and Dorsey!!!

29 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I like the Chud, Dorsey, Tice trio. I still think it's Bevell, but I was really happy to see Cable join Gruden's staff in Oakland so as to avoid that issue. I keep waking up thinking we'll have an announcement. Wonder how long this takes...

I agree that this would be an awesome trio.  I also wouldn't mind bringing in John Defilippo as OC.  He is a big reason for the success in Philly!    Let's GoBuffalo!!!!! 

43 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hey, since apparently we're doing a thread for each option and idea we come up with, I figured I should start one for what looks like the best possible scenario.

Rob Chudzinski as OC

Ken Dorsey as QB Coach

While I wasnt high on Chud upfront, the idea to pair him with Dorsey would make a lot of sense. My main requirement for the new O staff is being QB-centric to develop our upcoming rookie. First thing that jumps out from Chud's Wikipedia page is that Dorsey was QB at Miami while Chud was OC, where they won a National Championship together and set a bunch of passing records.

With their prior experience together, and being passing/QB-centric, and BOTH of their connections to Carolina's staff while McD was there... It just makes too much sense.

Git'r'dun!

Not sure I follow the logic.

What has Chud accomplished as a playcaller in the last 5 years that makes him right for the Bills?  And why is it important that he coached Dorsey (who washed out of the NFL)?

What has Dorsey accomplished with Cam in Carolina?  As QB's in college, they were polar opposites.  Also, Cam has changed little in his game since he left college. What has Dorsey's impact been on the erratic Newton?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure I follow the logic.

What has Chud accomplished as a playcaller in the last 5 years that makes him right for the Bills?  And why is it important that he coached Dorsey (who washed out of the NFL)?

What has Dorsey accomplished with Cam in Carolina?  As QB's in college, they were polar opposites.  Also, Cam has changed little in his game since he left college. What has Dorsey's impact been on the erratic Newton?

Guess you missed going to a SB and being MVP of the NFL with Ted Ginn as your 1 wr. 

• Like (+1) 1