Why I Think the Smart Move is Pay to Get Cousins

Shaw66

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL what talent outside Jordan Reed, who you can arguably say Cousins made (as he's put up his big numbers since 2014 with Cousins and not Griffin? His LT is an All Pro and what else...DeSean Jackson was on the downslide until Cousins went in and basically got him a new contract in TB...you can see how that worked out for his 'talent' this year. Garcon is the only one you can legitimately make an argument for as a talented WR, and still he only had one single 1000 yard season before Cousins got him his second in 2016.

I'm also offering facts- this is a reply I made to another guy earlier on in the thread:

Over the last 3 years (Cousins became starter in 2015), here are his NFL ranks among qualified active starters:

3rd in comp%

4th in yards

8th in TDs

6th in rating (if you like qb rating, because if you don't...)

5th in ANY/A (my personal favorite)...which takes into account the amount of sacks he takes (it's a lot) due to what IMO is a bad Washington line.

also 7th, 3rd, and 16th (a down year in 2017) by DYAR if you're a Football Outsiders kind of guy...and he's done all this with the kind of offensive weapons that Bills fans would scoff at. He is in no way pedestrian. Cousins is a legit talent and the fact that he might be available is crazy...I don't understand why people wouldn't want him. Personally I'd make him the highest paid QB in the NFL and not bat an eye.

Good post. I honestly dont get it either. To be constantly be barraged on these boards by the argument that we need a good QB to only have a good QB available and then flip the argument to well he’s not worth the money is almost like a comedy skit. 

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The Redskins for whatever reason have avoided making a long term commitment to him. That has to mean something. Teams just don’t let franchise guys walk like they are about to.

They tried last year. Cousins's camp has said that they were not going to sign any offer from Washington, no matter how much or how long it was.

Which is exactly why he will never NEVER sign in Buffalo. He is pushing himself into FA so he can choose to go to a team with a stable and respected Front Office. Bills might be on the right track now, but we have 30+ years of failure tied to the team.

Cousins isnt signing in DC and he isnt signing in Buffalo.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

They tried last year. Cousins's camp has said that they were not going to sign any offer from Washington, no matter how much or how long it was.

Which is exactly why he will never NEVER sign in Buffalo. He is pushing himself into FA so he can choose to go to a team with a stable and respected Front Office. Bills might be on the right track now, but we have 30+ years of failure tied to the team.

Where is he signing? 

5 hours ago, Pbomb said:

If it wasnt your opinion why would you post it then. According to these stats we should be able to get atleast a first round pick for tyrod then, hopefully other gms use pff to grade players talent

You think anyone who posts an article adopts its contents as his or her opinion? That's as ridiculous as the Marrone coaching tree theory. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's had Reed, Garcon, Jackson, and Crowder as his slot receiver with a decent RB in Alfred Morris. Not to mention Sean McVay as his play caller.  That's a pretty good situation for a QB. LOL at your lack of understanding that he's been supported well until this season decimated the OL and RB positions. 

And hes put up 9000 yards and 54 TDs with them.  What more do you want a QB to do? 

Just now, bobobonators said:

Good post. I honestly dont get it either. To be constantly be barraged on these boards by the argument that we need a good QB to only have a good QB available and then flip the argument to well he’s not worth the money is almost like a comedy skit. 

I've just concluded that Bills fans do not know what a good QB looks like anymore. Because trying to talk yourself out of a FA like Cousins is laughable.

26CornerBlitz: Jamison Crowder is a product of Cousins and not the other way around. You may not like it but it's the truth. That's why he lasted until the 4th round: he's a marginal talent that got lucky in linking up with a guy who can get him the ball in Cousins.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

If he's such a great QB with so many teams in need, then it should be an easy decision for Washington to keep him. Yet he may be on the market. 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Really?  I mentioned earlier go read the recent article about him in SI.  He is all about process.  One can easily see how he and McD would be a perfect fit.

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Where is he signing? 

He's looking to land in an organization like Denver or the Giants, but not sure either are looking to pay a QB that much, especially when the Giants already have Eli, but that is just an example. I could see Cousins holding out for a "better team", but then ending up in AZ.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If he's such a great QB with so many teams in need, then it should be an easy decision for Washington to keep him. Yet he may be on the market. 

I get that argument too. But you and i know its not that simple. The issue between Wash and Cousins runs deeper than that now. And Wash has been poorly run from the top all the way down to Gruden for years now. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I've just concluded that Bills fans do not know what a good QB looks like anymore. Because trying to talk yourself out of a FA like Cousins is laughable.

26CornerBlitz: Jamison Crowder is a product of Cousins and not the other way around. You may not like it but it's the truth. That's why he lasted until the 4th round: he's a marginal talent that got lucky in linking up with a guy who can get him the ball in Cousins.

Overpaying for a QB not on a franchise level is laughable and why the Bills likely will not do it. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

He's looking to land in an organization like Denver or the Giants, but not sure either are looking to pay a QB that much, especially when the Giants already have Eli, but that is just an example. I could see Cousins holding out for a "better team", but then ending up in AZ.

I could see AZ. 

Hes not going to the Giants. The Giants arent going to cut Eli. No way. 

Is Denver any more appealing than Buf? (Serious question)

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Really?  I mentioned earlier go read the recent article about him in SI.  He is all about process.  One can easily see how he and McD would be a perfect fit.

Sure, they might seem like theyd work well together, but Cousins is in the unique position of being able to be picky. If he thinks Washington is a clown show, Buffalo doesnt look much better in their recent and long term history. I dont think McD's 1 year is enough to prove the Bills organization has completely flipped to a perennial winner.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Overpaying for a QB not on a franchise level is laughable and why the Bills likely will not do it. 

I submitted Cousins is not only a franchise level QB, but current (past 3 years since he became starter) top 5 NFL level. I gave you my stats, where are yours?

Lovely numbers that has netted 24 wins in three seasons. Whoopty Doo!

QBWINZ omg. Never mind, please don't respond to any more of my comments.

Just now, bobobonators said:

I could see AZ. 

Hes not going to the Giants. The Giants arent going to cut Eli. No way. 

Is Denver any more appealing than Buf? (Serious question)

For people in and around the NFL? Heck yes. Multiple Super Bowls with a recent SB victory. Elway at the helm. Denver is a much more respected franchise.

K, we heard you the first 8 times. 

In 26 corners fantasy world we make excuses for Tyrod Taylor but trash the qb who threw for 4000 yards and 13 more td’s than our guy  (not Franchise numbers ?) ????????