Rick Dennison

With Dennison gone.  I think the Bills should look for a Young Offensive coordinator with a system that opens up the play book, because Defensive coordinators are just too good anymore on figuring out what a coordinator likes to do.  So I say go the college route, look for a coordinator that will  run reverses, throw it deep once a quarter, run a lot of screens with MCcoy and wide receivers , run no huddle, make it so at least it is good fit for wide receivers as much  as  possible, so you don't see defenses playing 8 and 9 man fronts, give opposing safeties head aches and keep them guessing should i play the run or play back because of the deep ball stuff like that.   To me the younger offensive coordinators is what gives defensive coordinator fits today.

• Sad 1

Brian Daboll, Bama OC, is a name being tossed around.  Apparently he was on W & M coaching staff when McCoach was a player there.

Just now, kdiggz said:

that's nice.  you can post this in one of the 5 other Dennison threads

If anything, the thread title needs to be amended.  I think the subject matter is a little more unique to even the OC search one.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If anything, the thread title needs to be amended.  I think the subject matter is a little more unique to even the OC search one.

fair enough.  if the title was we need a young up and coming offensive mind that would work!

Edited by kdiggz

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Brian Daboll, Bama OC, is a name being tossed around.  Apparently he was on W & M coaching staff when McCoach was a player there.

I thought I heard one of the commentators on Monday say that he had been out of football for a long time prior to this year.  Is that true?

2 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I thought I heard one of the commentators on Monday say that he had been out of football for a long time prior to this year.  Is that true?

Brian Daboll was the TE coach for the Pats before going to Bama. He was in line for the OC job with Pats if McDaniels left last year. He didn’t, so Daboll took the OC job there. Sabana and Belichik are tight. Prior to that he was OC for Browns. I don’t think he’s ever been out of football since he was a GA at MSU under Saban right out of college. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brian Daboll was the TE coach for the Pats before going to Bama. He was in line for the OC job with Pats if McDaniels left last year. He didn’t, so Daboll took the OC job there. Sabana and Belichik are tight. Prior to that he was OC for Browns. I don’t think he’s ever been out of football since he was a GA at MSU under Saban right out of college. 

He still owns a house in Orchard Park.  He is a WNY guy.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks for that info YOLO.  

9 hours ago, Jkgobills said:

Thanks for that info YOLO.  

No problem. He also went to U of R. I love the local connection and his knowledge of the division and the Pats. His offense was horrific when he was with the Browns (ranked 32nd) and while I know he had a very limited QB at Bama that was also very unimpressive. If they did bring him in I think they need a very strong QB coach to pair with him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio