Trade Value

Dkollidas

Tyrod Taylor

Cordy Glenn

Shaq Lawson

Jerry Hughes

these seems to be the main names that come up as cap casualties or trade candidates. What type of value (in form of draft pick) do you believe could be received in trading each player? 

How about trading LeSean McCoy and our 2 first rounders this year for Andrew Luck. Would you make that trade????

i really like McCoy and he is the best player on this roster but we would have to give up a lot to get Andrew Luck. Just an idea. 

Just now, wppete said:

How about trading LeSean McCoy and our 2 first rounders this year for Andrew Luck. Would you make that trade????

i really like McCoy and he is the best player on this roster but we would have to give up a lot to get Andrew Luck. Just an idea. 

I don’t think there’s any way Indy does a deal like that, it would have to be something around our two 1st’s this year and likely another 1st from 2019. I’m not paying that for a guy who I really love but whose shoulder might be shot. He played too recklessly and it’s biting him back real hard.

McCoy might not be our quarterback of the future, but he’ll be our quarterbacks best friend when we find one. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Tyrod Taylor maybe a 5th or 6th rounder if your lucky.

Cordy Glenn maybe a 4th or 5th rounder if he is healthy. Which is never.

Shaq Lawson maybe a 4th rounder if your lucky.

Jerry Hughes  another 4th rounder.

Tyrod - 7th, maybe a 6th with a desperate team

Cordy Glenn - if they can't get a 2nd or a 3rd and 4th don't make the trade. I would love to see him stay but its on the coaches as to whether he fits what they are trying to do.

Shaq Lawson - bucket of wings and thirty beef on wecks.... more seriously would there really be a taker given his injury history and somewhat average play 

Jerry Hughes - a 3rd if we throw in a free anger management course

• Haha (+1) 1

Tyrod - 5th

Cordy - 2nd

Hughes - 3rd

Shaq - 4th

I think these are their peak values. Tyrod is probably not tradeable, Cordy is coming of an injury. Hughes did nothing this year and Shaq has done nothing in his career. 

Glenn is our best trade asset in my opinion. Duane Brown was traded with a 5th for a 2nd and a future 3rd.  Brown is older than Cordy but also better probably. 

I suppose I’d roll the dice on luck but he’s so scary right now.  Big roll of the dice.  I just hope we make a big move for a QB with potential to be a star.  Alex smith would be ok if we traded a lower pick for him, but I still don’t think we’d be a championship caliber team.  Alex smith plus the use of all of our draft picks and cap money would be an improved team for sure.  But championship?  Then what happens in a year or 2 when we pick in the 20s and can’t get that franchise guy.  If there’s ever been a year to

trade up it’s now.  We likely won’t have 4 picks in the 1st 2 rds again For awhile.  But luck is intriguing   But his injury history is so scary 

5 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

I dont get it Shaq earns the starting job, solid in the run game and tied for most sacks after missing 5 games and some want to trade for a flyer pick.  :rolleyes: 

Shaq is a victim of his draft position. He has not contributed in the manner that you’d hope a first round defensive end would. Lawson is not the big play difference maker you want to find in the first round. If he were a forth round pick, the narrative would be different. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Luck is broken and can not throw the ball without pain.   Let’s try another idea

remember they all carry heavy contracts, a few with injury concerns- so all of that will likely hurt their value

18 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Shaq is a victim of his draft position. He has not contributed in the manner that you’d hope a first round defensive end would. Lawson is not the big play difference maker you want to find in the first round. If he were a forth round pick, the narrative would be different. 

So true

Edited by JaCrispy

44 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I actually disagree.  I think that for some reason, people expect a late first round DE to have 10 sacks right away when that rarely ever happens.  It takes time for DEs who don't have a lot of pass rushing moves to learn how to get to the QB in the NFL.  He's done a solid job against the run.  Rewatching the games, he was by far our best run defender even when Dareus was playing this season.  He set the edge really well.  

Look at the DEs taken in the first round over the last few years, most of them fall in the 3-6 sack range their first few years.  Lawson had 4 and missed a handful of games.  With a healthy seasons, he could be a guy that reaches 6-10 sacks on a regular basis and sets the edge against the run.  He's not the 15 sack guy that so many people expect out of a DE taken in the first round.  I think fans just become very impatient with young players at that position.  I think he will be fine, especially when we bring in some solid DTs next to him to help disrupt the QBs pocket more.  

I find all of these Trade Value threads to be hilarious.  For some reason, untested Draft Picks are treated and horded like gold!  Whereas veterans, who've at least played in the NFL are kicked to the curb for a 4th Round Pick. Nine times out of ten that 4th Round Pick will never amount to anything.  It shows what a mess the Player Personnel segment of the industry actually is.

4 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Your right if he were a 3rd rounder he would be a hero.  donte whitner got the same crap here because he was "taken to early" Starts and plays well from day one and played several years as a starter to be called a bust.  

Crazy 

Shaq is the easy 3rd best guy on a line with a 8 man rotation and someone talks about trading him?  Oh yea his cap number is a killer at 2.8 million where Jerry with the same sack # in 5 more games has a hit of 10.4million.   

7 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Tyrod Taylor

Cordy Glenn

Shaq Lawson

Jerry Hughes

these seems to be the main names that come up as cap casualties or trade candidates. What type of value (in form of draft pick) do you believe could be received in trading each player? 

You won't get much for Tyrod.  Thanks to a shaky year and a predictable contract situation, team can wait it out until the Bills release him.  I see maybe a 6th or 7th round pick.

Cordy is tough because before he was injured, he'd probably be a 2nd or 3rd round.  If they can show he's healthy than maybe a 3rd but I'm thinking more a like a pair of 4th round picks.  He has a huge contract too that teams will need to take on.

I think Lawson is a 4th pick.

Hughes is maybe a 4th round pick as well

Tyrod - nothing (and I'm a Tyrod supporter). The lack of interest league wide in Tyrod last year says a lot. 

Glenn - 3rd? Tough to say missing most of a year with injury. 

Lawson - 4th. Lot of missed time due to injury. Not very impressive when healthy

Hughes - 3rd? He's a quality player, but signed to a big contract and had a down year. 

That being said, I'd much rather keep Glenn, lawson, Hughes. We'd be selling low if we trade them this offseason. 

6 hours ago, artmalibu said:

I dont get it Shaq earns the starting job, solid in the run game and tied for most sacks after missing 5 games and some want to trade for a flyer pick.  :rolleyes: 

Yes, I don’t get the rush to give him away.  Bizarre