Marcell Dareus: Going to Jaguars “changed my life”

Back when this trade happened, I said if St. Doug and Tom Coughlin couldn't get Dareus career back on track nobody could. Also it's very troubling the Beane and McD were focused soley on Dareus contract and not trying to support him and harness such a talent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000904990/article/marcell-dareus-jaguars-organization-changed-my-life?campaign=Twitter_atn

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/marcell-dareus-going-to-jaguars-changed-my-life/

Defensive tackle Marcell Dareus sees himself as “an outsider trying to help” the Jaguars after an October trade that sent him from Buffalo to Jacksonville, but says going to Jacksonville has already helped him. ...........

Edited by SaviorPeterman

10 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Back when this trade happened, I said if St. Doug and Tom Coughlin couldn't get Dareus career back on track nobody could. Also it's very troubling the Beane and McD were focused soley on Dareus contract and not trying to support him and harness such a talent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/marcell-dareus-going-to-jaguars-changed-my-life/

I agree.

Dareus' teammates loved him. He loved playing for the Bills and in Buffalo.  He was about to receive a community service award when he was traded.  I believe that the negative stuff about him not fitting into the "process" blah, blah, blah was just the new regime trying to justify getting rid of him for a 6th round pick that turned into a 5th.

Also, to all of the accountants who loved this trade, Dareus is going to be the third highest paid Buffalo Bill in 2018 (as of right now) . . . except that he will be playing for the Jaguars.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000904990/article/marcell-dareus-jaguars-organization-changed-my-life?campaign=Twitter_atn

Come back to this thread if Jags keep Dareus next year under the existing contract.

shame on the Bills for giving a man with issues that much money with no strings attached.  Marcel is who he is.  he will do better in a supporting role where he doesn't have the pressure of being "the guy" in Jax.  he is just one of many now

7 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Support what? 

1 minute ago, GG said:

Come back to this thread if Jags keep Dareus next year under the existing contract.

Your argument might make sense except that we would have the same options that the Jags would have next year and would have made use of someone who is going to take up the third highest amount of cap space on the team (as of right now) even though he was traded to the Jags.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

shame on the Bills for giving a man with issues that much money with no strings attached.  Marcel is who he is.  he will do better in a supporting role where he doesn't have the pressure of being "the guy" in Jax.  he is just one of many now

For not having the FO.Coaching structure to develop these big talents, and instead let these KIDS spiral down a bad path.

This is the SECOND time in the last month where one of our TOP 5 draft picks has had a change of life after leaving the Bills.

Dareus saw a new DC come and go EVERY YEAR he was here. Watkins was left to be a diva. Hopefully McBeane can get this under control, and I personally think they are on the right path to do so.

But the second-rate soft culture of losing that permeates every office at OBD is a major cause of the talent flame out we've seen over the years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I can tell you from personal experience this last weekend, they are DEFINITELY NOT better in Jacksonville. Worst/weirdest strip club experience of my life Saturday night. 0/10, would not go back.

Sounds like the JAX Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club need to take action.

Sticky seats?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Also it's very troubling the Beane and McD were focused soley on Dareus contract and not trying to support him and harness such a talent.

I read both articles and neither one mentioned anything like this.

Can you support the statement you just made?  Where does it say that? Or is this just a troll post?

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I can tell you from personal experience this last weekend, they are DEFINITELY NOT better in Jacksonville. Worst/weirdest strip club experience of my life Saturday night. 0/10, would not go back.

Did you walk into a male club by mistake? 

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For not having the FO.Coaching structure to develop these big talents, and instead let these KIDS spiral down a bad path.

This is the SECOND time in the last month where one of our TOP 5 draft picks has had a change of life after leaving the Bills.

Dareus saw a new DC come and go EVERY YEAR he was here. Watkins was left to be a diva. Hopefully McBeane can get this under control,

I agree with this bit.

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

I agree.

Dareus' teammates loved him. He loved playing for the Bills and in Buffalo.  He was about to receive a community service award when he was traded.  I believe that the negative stuff about him not fitting into the "process" blah, blah, blah was just the new regime trying to justify getting rid of him for a 6th round pick that turned into a 5th.

Also, to all of the accountants who loved this trade, Dareus is going to be the third highest paid Buffalo Bill in 2018 . . . except that he will be playing for the Jaguars.

For the record I still hate his deal, mostly because Whaley/Overdorf didn't protect the Bills given Dareus history. But at the time it was a given we would have to overpay to keep him just like most internal/external FA's during the drought.

And despite the off the field antics and reports of him being lazy, he was a 3rd overall pick for a reason and still one of the best DT's in the NFL on paper given his talent and ability.

Who knows what his future holds in Jax but obviously he feels he's in a better situation there than Buffalo despite his love for his former teammates and city.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I will second this.  The strip clubs in Jacksonville sucked & the girls were horrid.  This was 11 years ago but apparently it still holds true from your comments.  I haven't been to a strip club up over the boarder in over 11 years either but the talent there was way better than down in Jacksonville.  Not even close. 

4 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I read both articles and neither one mentioned anything like this.

Can you support the statement you just made?  Where does it say that? Or is this just a troll post?

This was my statement based on the facts (i.e. this regime dumping all the Whaley picks/contracts).

Also a source of my close to situation confirmed they wanted Dareus and Glenn specifically gone from day one because of their contracts, although Glenn became a secondary issue because he didn't have the 'baggage' Dareus did.