Would you give up multiple picks to move up to #2?

Klaista2k

Would you trade up with the Giants?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade multiple draft picks to the Giants for the #2 overall pick in the draft?

• Yes
    • No

The asking price based on the updated trade value chart would be approximately both 1st and both 2nds to move up to #2.

717.17   (2) 

260.82   (21)

252.71   (22)
106.31   (53)
100.88   (55)

720.72 Total

The original Jimmy Johnson trade value chart leaves us 300 points short, so maybe both 1st, a 2nd, and next years 1st would get it done.

2600   (2) 

800   (21)
780   (22)
370   (53)
350   (55)

2300 Total

That's a lot to give up for a team needing an influx of talent and youth across the board.  I would say NO to trying to move up that high.  There is no sure thing, with RGIII being the sure thing cautionary tale. 

This is a deep QB draft class, and quality is going to fall to the Bills.  Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Mason Rudolph, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson... with Luke Falk and Riley Ferguson as dark horses.

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

If the Giants were willing to trade the second pick overall  -- Would you be willing to part way with the 21st, 22nd, and other draft picks to go up to #2 and take a franchise quarterback?

Is there only a particular quarterback you would do this for? Darnold? Rosen?

How would you feel about this? 

NO!! Too many holes to fill. This is where the scouts make their money. There will be talented/capable QBs in this draft. Find said QB. Get a "bridge" QB, draft a NFL caliber QB, and have someone teach this guy the game a la Case Keenum/Jimmy Garropolo. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

NO!! Too many holes to fill. This is where the scouts make their money. There will be talented/capable QBs in this draft. Find said QB. Get a "bridge" QB, draft a NFL caliber QB, and have someone teach this guy the game a la Case Keenum/Jimmy Garropolo. 

Sky:  How has that worked for us so far??  We need to throw in the kitchen sink and get a winner.

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Uh, no.

The Redskins gave up 3 first rounders to move up from #6 to #2 in 2013 (approximately 5,200 points on the draft value chart).

The Eagles gave up 2 firsts, a second, a third and a 4th to move from #8 to #2 in 2016 (approximately 3,400 points on the draft value chart).

We're not moving from #21 up to #2 without giving up a massive haul of valuable draft picks. At the bare minimum, we'd have to give up both our 1sts this year, our 1st next year, and then either two 2nds and our 2019 1st rounder. That would equate to adequate compensation for the #2 overall pick. 

Given that we just made the playoffs, my guess is it would take 4 first rounders. Our two first are worth 1,580 points. Our 1st next year should be worth between 750 and 1,100 points. Same for 2019. Assuming an average of 875 points, you're talking about total compensation of about 3,300 points worth of value, which would be the bare minimum we should expect to give up as compensation for the #2 overall pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Sky:  How has that worked for us so far??  We need to throw in the kitchen sink and get a winner.

And who would that be?? Remember when Mike Ditka thought Ricky Williams was the answer and gave up all his picks. Or when the Vikings thought that with Herschel Walker and the Cowboys received all those draft picks and drafted the "big 3". I trust Beane and McDermott to do their due diligence. I TRUST THE PROCESS!!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, the skycap said:

And who would that be?? Remember when Mike Ditka thought Ricky Williams was the answer and gave up all his picks. Or when the Vikings thought that with Herschel Walker and the Cowboys received all those draft picks and drafted the "big 3". I trust Beane and McDermott to do their due diligence. I TRUST THE PROCESS!!

Suppose the process is throwing in the kitchen sink to get the most important position on the field??

6 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

But to 21?  Asking a team to go from the top to the bottom of the round is quite a feat.  

21 and 22 plus other picks?

21 and 22 are both starters - very good ones if you evaluate properly.

Then the other picks are bonuses.

They would be nuts not to do it.

Unless they want a QB or unless some other team offers even more.

If they want a QB that they know will be a top pick, then there is no way in hell they do it.

Or if Cleveland takes the QB the Giants wanted and the Giants don't want one of the other top guys then yes they do it.   I can't imagine what other position you could want a guy at bad enough to not take that trade.

Edited by PolishDave

3 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

If the Giants were willing to trade the second pick overall  -- Would you be willing to part way with the 21st, 22nd, and other draft picks to go up to #2 and take a franchise quarterback?

Is there only a particular quarterback you would do this for? Darnold? Rosen?

How would you feel about this? 

That would not be enough.  Using give draft calculator the Bills would have to up both first rounders and  the two second round picks.  Way too much.  https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

So you like 7-9, 8-8, and 9-7 until the cows come home??

Not at all. But utilizing the picks we have with the people in charge of making those picks, I don't expect to be 7-9 till the cows come home. If we gave up what most people are saying to get a guy I think we end up 7-9 for a few more years. That's where I'm coming from. I think with Keenum, Bridgewater, Cousins or Smith we can move on and get better quicker. I will say if McBeane thought it was worth it I would be onboard with it. I'd be nervous but willing to accept it. When TBD Wall members suggest it, I'm putting the brakes on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Not at all. But utilizing the picks we have with the people in charge of making those picks, I don't expect to be 7-9 till the cows come home. If we gave up what most people are saying to get a guy I think we end up 7-9 for a few more years. That's where I'm coming from. I think with Keenum, Bridgewater, Cousins or Smith we can move on and get better quicker. I will say if McBeane thought it was worth it I would be onboard with it. I'd be nervous but willing to accept it. When TBD Wall members suggest it, I'm putting the brakes on.

Those guys are smarter than most, I hope, but I'm going to be real disappointed in the process if we have an average QB at the first game.  We have the draft capital to do something epic for the first time since the Biscuit draft.  

According to the point chart (for whatever that's worth), to move up to #2 it would take our first three picks this year (#21, #22, #53) and also one of:

a: our other 2nd round pick this year AND our 2019 2nd round pick

or...

b: our 2019 1st round pick

In general, to move up in a great QB prospect draft I'd say it was worth it. However, I'm not sold on Rosen and I don't think the Bills have the staff to develop Darnold.

IMO, it's better value and potential to save most of those picks and maybe just package #21 and #22 this year to move up and get Mason Rudolph.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

According to the point chart (for whatever that's worth), to move up to #2 it would take our first three picks this year (#21, #22, #53) and also one of:

a: our other 2nd round pick this year AND our 2019 2nd round pick

or...

b: our 2019 1st round pick

In general, to move up in a great QB prospect draft I'd say it was worth it. However, I'm not sold on Rosen and I don't think the Bills have the staff to develop Darnold.

IMO, it's better value and potential to save most of those picks and maybe just package #21 and #22 this year to move up and get Mason Rudolph.

Rudolph will be there at 21. In my heart of hearts, I truly think either Rudolph, Allen or Mayfield will be there. Not saying all of them will be there but a decent prospect will be there.