Buffalo Bills VP of Personnel Brian Gaine purportedly the favorite to be Houston Texans general manager

This is going to happen (as I reported last week it's pretty much a done deal via a close source of mine in the Houston area) and will be a big loss because Gaine is a very astute football mind that would have helped Beane and McD's rebuilding venture immensely.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/8/16861188/buffalo-bills-vp-personnel-brian-gaine-purportedly-the-favorite-to-be-houston-texans-general-manager

Last Tuesday, it was reported that the Buffalo Bills had granted permission for their vice president of player personnel, Brian Gaine, to interview for the Houston Texans newly-vacant general manager position. Gaine had previously been the Texan’s director of player personnel and former GM Rick Smith’s right-hand man. Now it appears that there’s a good chance he will be Smith’s successor. ...

I personally think it is BS and feel the Bills should have blocked it.  He literally did nothing for this team besides get information to take back to his former team.  Not even here a year before leaving to go back to the place where he supposedly didn't get along with other members of organization.

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

I personally think it is BS and feel the Bills should have blocked it.  He literally did nothing for this team besides get information to take back to his former team.  Not even here a year before leaving to go back to the place where he supposedly didn't get along with other members of organization.

It will be a big loss for the Bills since Gaine is highly regarded in league circles, but can't blame the guy because he's obviously not getting the GM job in Buffalo.

Also, pretty sure Beane was very disappointed after he decided to come to Buffalo and the Carolina GM job opened up shortly after. No way he would have chose the Bills over staying there if he had the choice.

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

The Bills brought in very good football minds this past offseason, Gaine included. I believe part of their sell to get many of these guys to accept lateral moves was that they would give them more responsibility and allow them to leave if they had an opportunity to move up. Offering a similar deal to another young promising personnel man will make the spot easy to fill.

9 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

This is going to happen (as I reported last week it's pretty much a done deal via a close source of mine in the Houston area) and will be a big loss because Gaine is a very astute football mind that would have helped Beane and McD's rebuilding venture immensely.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/8/16861188/buffalo-bills-vp-personnel-brian-gaine-purportedly-the-favorite-to-be-houston-texans-general-manager

I “purported” he would be a candidate over two weeks ago. Didn’t take a close source in the Houston area to figure it out.

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I didn’t see anything about him not getting along with anyone

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

It will be a big loss for the Bills since Gaine is highly regarded in league circles, but can't blame the guy because he's obviously not getting the GM job in Buffalo.

Also, pretty sure Beane was very disappointed after he decided to come to Buffalo and the Carolina GM job opened up shortly after. No way he would have chose the Bills over staying there if he had the choice.

Especially knowing how great of an owner was there. Must have been a helluva guy to work for. I’m sure he’d love to be the GM of a team up for sale right now - good times!

Edited by YoloinOhio

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I “purported” he would be a candidate over two weeks ago. Didn’t take a close source in the Houston area to figure it out.

I didn’t see anything about him not getting along with anyone

Especially knowing how great of an owner was there. Must have been a helluva guy to work for. I’m sure he’d love to be the GM of a team up for sale right now - good times!

According to Texans fans, he did not get along with Rick Smith

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

So would you say you are concerned?

• Haha (+1) 2

I started a thread last week that he was interviewing and the front runner.

i don't think you reported anything 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I started a thread last week that he was interviewing and the front runner.

i don't think you reported anything 

Yes and in your thread I reported that my TX source said this is pretty much a formality and Gaine's job if he wants it.

And based on latest updates I have nothing has changed and it's pretty much done even though it's not announced yet.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes and in your thread I reported that my TX source said this is pretty much a formality and Gaine's job if he wants it.

And based on latest updates I have nothing has changed and it's pretty much done even though it's not announced yet.

I said that Gaines was the leading candidate 

i said it before you talked about your sources 

Sounds like your source is an idiot too. Did he fall asleep last week when this was posted on this very board?

Stop trolling.