If I am McD/Beane what Shady says makes a big diff...

KingRex

5 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

McD/Beane does not care what Shady thinks.  They will do what is best for the team.  Otherwise we would still have Sammy, Marcell and Darby on the team.  They didn't even want Tyrod but could not find anyone better.

They could have got watson, jimmy g . They could have found better, they chose to stick it out with tyrod

1 minute ago, KingRex said:

I doubt it.  Denison still makes the same dunb play calls even with a better QB.  Its fine with me if they can TT, just replace him with someone better (who do you want?) and also get an OC who makes obvious calls like on the first and goal.  Given Tyrod is so bbad what do you think of him relying on TT to pass at the end of the half?

Tt made the call on first and goal. Just saying. 

And i have no issue with the playcalling at the end of the half deonte Thompson doesnt drop the 2nd down Bills have a chance for points dont they?

2 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

They could have got watson, jimmy g . They could have found better, they chose to stick it out with tyrod

NE was not trading Jimmy G to Buffalo lol

3 minutes ago, KingRex said:

I doubt it.  Denison still makes the same dunb play calls even with a better QB.  Its fine with me if they can TT, just replace him with someone better (who do you want?) and also get an OC who makes obvious calls like on the first and goal.  Given Tyrod is so bbad what do you think of him relying on TT to pass at the end of the half?

Anybody

2 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

It seems that Shady doesn't want to draft and develop a QB. I would think he wants to roll with Tyrod as he's had his back every time a reporter has brought it up to him. Shady always endorses Tyrod.

Then shady gets dealt. Ooo wait henwill continue to buy into McD watch 

8 minutes ago, KingRex said:

Seriously, you have a gift. One could easily get sucked in to debate these rabbit trail points. But the real point is McBeane won't be consulting Shady for his QB opinion and we were a halfway decent QB away from still playing next week. Great try though. Very tempting stuff.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Tt made the call on first and goal. Just saying. 

And i have no issue with the playcalling at the end of the half deonte Thompson doesnt drop the 2nd down Bills have a chance for points dont they?

NE was not trading Jimmy G to Buffalo lol

How do you know TT made the call on 1st and goal?

And if he did make the call - if it was a run-pass option - who called a run-pass option and gave him that choice, instead of just calling a run?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How do you know TT made the call on 1st and goal?

And if he did make the call - if it was a run-pass option - who called a run-pass option and gave him that choice, instead of just calling a run?

Shady confrimed it was a RPO. Called Run in the huddle with thebPass option. The entire OL and FB blocked run. Taylor pulled the ball and threw. 

So HIS decision to throw 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They could have got Watson.  You're on powerful mind altering drugs if you think Billy B. trades Garoppolo to a division rival.  

Im just saying they knew what tyrod was and they chose to stay with him, they had other options they didnt take or try for some reason. Atleast now they know they have to find another option. 

Just now, Pbomb said:

Im just saying they knew what tyrod was and they chose to stay with him, they had other options they didnt take or try for some reason. Atleast now they know they have to find another option. 

Ever think it was because a Rookie HC wanted to evaluate the QB in his system during the evaluation year?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, but Dennison's decision to call an RPO, not a run play

Whats your point all year people cry for more RPO. He calls them and the QB doesnt hand it off like the primary play. 

But somehow for the TT apologists that’s Dennisons fault 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

There really was no upgrade available in free agency. They did try to sign Brian Hoyer (to back up/compete with Tyrod) but he got a last minute offer from SF to start so he took it. 

I think passing on a QB in the draft was more about McDermott not trusting Whaley's ability to evaluate the QB's than anything else. 

I think he knew that a new GM was coming in after the draft (likely Beane) and figured that the Bills would probably be picking high again this year, so he picked up another 1st for next year giving the new GM (that he had more trust in) the ability to take a shot at a QB with one of those 1st round picks. 

Thst is just pure pure speculation on my part, but IMO it makes sense.

If you were McDermott and you had worked for 2 decades to get a HC job would you want to gamble it all on a rookie QB drafted by a GM you didn't have faith in and knew was out the door? I don't think I would... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

There really was no upgrade available in free agency. They did try to sign Brian Hoyer (to back up/compete with Tyrod) but he got a last minute offer from SF to start so he took it. 

I think passing on a QB in the draft was more about McDermott not trusting Whaley's ability to evaluate the QB's than anything else. 

I think he knew that a new GM was coming in after the draft (likely Beane) and figured that the Bills would probably be picking high again this year, so he picked up another 1st for next year giving the new GM (that he had more trust in) the ability to take a shot at a QB with one of those 1st round picks. 

Thst is just pure pure speculation on my part, but IMO it makes sense.

If you were McDermott and you had worked for 2 decades to get a HC job would you want to gamble it all on a rookie QB drafted by a GM you didn't have faith in and knew was out the door? I don't think I would... 

Makes sense, just hope something gets done this offseason or atleast a legitimate attempt