What will you use the offseason for?

My life revolves around football so much I often forget there's actually most of a year between now and the start of next year. I'm always counting down to the next season, and it sometimes makes it seem as though spring and summer go by too quickly as the excitement for football and a fresh season builds.

With the 2018 season set to kick off on September 6th, we have 242 days to live between now and the new season. So put the draft, OTAs, and training camp aside for the moment. What will you use the 242 days for?

I hope to drop a little weight, run a Spartan race in August, and finish my dissertation and finally wrap up my Ph.D. before the next season starts. What will you use the time for? What goals do you have where you'll be able to look back and be proud of how you used your 242 days?

I'm way behind on my draft process so I need to crack on with that in the next 4 or 5 weeks.  I'd like to at least have my Quarterback assessments up by mid Feb. 

Once the draft is out of the way I won't watch much football until pre-season.  I will do a couple of small projects looking at different bits of tape from the season on certain players or teams that I find interesting.... and then I'll ready myself for next September and cheering for the Bills once more. 

Let's go Buffalo. 

7 minutes ago, RevWarRifleman said:

Reenacting. I'm retired. Will be vacationing out of the country later this year.  "Can't wait"!          Go Bills.

Sounds like an offseason Patriot.  Traitor!  

Seriously, this is why they have Spring Training. Perfectly coincides with the end of football season.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 hour ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

My life revolves around football so much I often forget there's actually most of a year between now and the start of next year. I'm always counting down to the next season, and it sometimes makes it seem as though spring and summer go by too quickly as the excitement for football and a fresh season builds.

With the 2018 season set to kick off on September 6th, we have 242 days to live between now and the new season. So put the draft, OTAs, and training camp aside for the moment. What will you use the 242 days for?

I hope to drop a little weight, run a Spartan race in August, and finish my dissertation and finally wrap up my Ph.D. before the next season starts. What will you use the time for? What goals do you have where you'll be able to look back and be proud of how you used your 242 days?

Learning as much as i can anout the QBs. 

Taking my PMP test

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm way behind on my draft process so I need to crack on with that in the next 4 or 5 weeks.  I'd like to at least have my Quarterback assessments up by mid Feb. 

Once the draft is out of the way I won't watch much football until pre-season.  I will do a couple of small projects looking at different bits of tape from the season on certain players or teams that I find interesting.... and then I'll ready myself for next September and cheering for the Bills once more. 

Let's go Buffalo. 

Wow, what's the endgame of all that work?   Do you work in football?

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Learning as much as i can anout the QBs. 

Taking my PMP test

Best of luck with the test!

It's amazing to think about the amount of time between seasons and the things that can be accomplished in that time.

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

I need to drop some pounds too, that is my goal for this offseason.

I'm hoping it will be easier with snacking on Saturday and Sunday a lot more limited with no football on TV. I'll get back to actually being a little productive on weekends!

• Like (+1) 1

Welcoming my first child in 8 weeks. Going to spend time with my baby girl, improve my marriage, and grow my business as a financial advisor.

I’ll pretty much stay sports free until training camp.

Heck of a ride fellas. 2017 season will be one that I’ll never ever forget.