2017 Draft Trade with 2018 Value Points

Hello, Now that KC lost (1-11 in the last 12 playoff games) Here is the latest value of what the Mahomes/White trade looks like. Presuming KC gets the 22nd pick ( they could be 21-23).  Their loss last night helped out. The Chiefs received the #10 overall pick in 2017 , The Bills Received the pick # 27 in the 2017 draft and  the #22  and  #86 in the 2018 draft. 

Also White has been a great pick and we don't know about Mahomes yet. 

I used two charts. The basic 3000 point chart and the Rich hill more modern chart. 

#10 pick =1300, #27 Pick 680+ #22 Pick 780 + #86 Pick 160= 1620   Version #1

#10 pick =  369,# 27 Pick 215+ #22 Pick 252+ #86 Pick 49 = 516        Vesrion #2

So Overall Its looks like the front office did a nice job last year with this trade, providing Mahomes isn't a top 5 Qb in the future. 

Edited by coldstorage5

1 hour ago, coldstorage5 said:

Hello, Now that KC lost (1-11 in the last 12 playoff games) Here is the latest value of what the Mahomes/White trade looks like. Presuming KC gets the 22nd pick ( they could be 21-23).  Their loss last night helped out. The Chiefs received the #10 overall pick in 2017 , The Bills Received the pick # 27 in the 2017 draft and  the #22  and  #86 in the 2018 draft. 

Also White has been a great pick and we don't know about Mahomes yet. 

I used two charts. The basic 3000 point chart and the Rich hill more modern chart. 

#10 pick =1300, #27 Pick 680+ #22 Pick 780 + #86 Pick 160= 1620   Version #1

#10 pick =  369,# 27 Pick 215+ #22 Pick 252+ #86 Pick 49 = 516        Vesrion #2

So Overall Its looks like the front office did a nice job last year with this trade, providing Mahomes isn't a top 5 Qb in the future. 

If Mahomes ends up a franchise qb, we lose the trade, no matter how good we choose at other positions -- unless we get our own franchise qb.  However, given the glut of teams seeking qb this year, it will likely cost more draft capital to get a qb than last year.  And it's not just about Mahomes, but Watson as well, who was available at #10.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good for you.  See you in April when both have shiny new QBs.

Maybe maybe not. Difinitive draft statements in Jan mean Nada 

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I think realistically the highest we can hope to go is 3/4.  Not sure if that will be worth it if the top two QBs are gone. 

Why more than enough ammo to get to 1 or 2

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

I just don’t think the Browns or Giants will trade out. They will take their QBs 

How many times has that been said about Browns and what they do. Oo they have the 4th pick too. So can get their QB ans still make a haul for future. 

Mara love Eli get him an LT (Glenn) and a development QB With one of the bills two 1sts. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How many times has that been said about Browns and what they do. Oo they have the 4th pick too. So can get their QB ans still make a haul for future. 

Mara love Eli get him an LT (Glenn) and a development QB With one of the bills two 1sts. 

John Dorsey  knows better and has a mandate from the owner to find their franchise guy.  They will likely draft Darnold. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

John Dorsey  knows better and has a mandate from the owner to find their franchise guy.  They will likely draft Darnold. 

Does Find the Franchise guy mean take someone 1st overall. Or isnit take him at 4 ans alot of licks because the QB they identify as a franchise giy isnt named Rosen or Darnold?

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Does Find the Franchise guy mean take someone 1st overall. Or isnit take him at 4 ans alot of licks because the QB they identify as a franchise giy isnt named Rosen or Darnold?

"Find a franchise QB" means they take the best QB prospect in the draft.  Which means at #1 overall.  I'll bet any amount of money on that.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

glen and two first and they might take your phone call.  Glenn and first and they hang up

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

CLE and the NYG are using 1 and 2 to take QBs.  Highly unlikely no matter how much we'd like it to come to fruition. 

I think there is a real possibility that Cleveland takes Saquon Barkley at #1 overall and grabs their QB at #4 overall. They can get a QB at 4 but it's not likely that Barkley will be there at 4. The Giants could take Barkley at #2 and ride Eli for a few more years and the Colts could take him at #3, if they don't go O-line. JMO 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

I think there is a real possibility that Cleveland takes Saquon Barkley at #1 overall and grabs their QB at #4 overall. They can get a QB at 4 but it's not likely that Barkley will be there at 4. The Giants could take Barkley at #2 and ride Eli for a few more years and the Colts could take him at #3, if they don't go O-line. JMO 

Thats actually really interesting.

Colts arent going to draft a QB. So it is entirely possible. 

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Wishful thinking with Dorsey on board.  They will not pass on a QB at #1. 

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

And have the Colts trade down from 3 to 5 with the Broncos to take Rosen or Darnold?  Not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wishful thinking with Dorsey on board.  They will not pass on a QB at #1. 

It's not "wishful thinking". I'm not a Browns fan. Just pointing out an alternate scenario, that's all.

Darnold is the guy every team has been pining for, the Browns have a shot to take him 1st overall, and they pass?  Even though it's the Browns, I just don't see it.  But I do like the idea of them taking Barkley.  If I were them, I'd offer Indy the 4th overall and their 2nd round pick for the 3rd overall and their 3rd round pick.  If they bite, great, you have your franchise QB and RB.  If not, nothing lost.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You're a Bills' fan who's hoping for the most favorable scenario for your team.  I get it. 

Sure, I'd like the most favorable scenario for the Bills but I was not thinking that at all here. The Bills pick at 21 & 22. I hold no delusions that they can get into those top two spots  nor do I think that they would give up what it would take to get there even if the Browns and Giants were willing to trade out. I'm more interested to see if the Bills stay put or try to get into the top 10 or 15 spots or trade down for more picks.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Darnold is the guy every team has been pining for, the Browns have a shot to take him 1st overall, and they pass?  Even though it's the Browns, I just don't see it.  But I do like the idea of them taking Barkley.  If I were them, I'd offer Indy the 4th overall and their 2nd round pick for the 3rd overall and their 3rd round pick.  If they bite, great, you have your franchise QB and RB.  If not, nothing lost.

If I'm Indy, I'd definitely look into moving from 3 to 4 and maybe even down again after that. They need a ton and could get quite a haul.

3 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

If I'm Indy, I'd definitely look into moving from 3 to 4 and maybe even down again after that. They need a ton and could get quite a haul.

I don't know if I'd pass on Barkley if I were them.  Could be their Edge James for Luck. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't know if I'd pass on Barkley if I were them.  Could be their Edge James for Luck. 

I agree but I'd certainly entertain offers to see if someone blew me out of the water. Then again, their owner and GM are not the brightest bulbs in the box.

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This needs it’s own thread as it will probably be the most talked about ideas for the next four months 

Not suggesting that it doesn't.  Just pointing out the Browns know part of their failure in the last couple of seasons has been passing on QBs. That isn't going to happen with their new GM in place. 

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not suggesting that it doesn't.  Just pointing out the Browns know part of their failure in the last couple of seasons has been passing on QBs. That isn't going to happen with their new GM in place. 

Wasn't attacking you boss, just calling out the info that I'm sure many are waiting for.

I just made an overly long post about it.  

14 hours ago, Billznut said:

I think realistically the highest we can hope to go is 3/4.  Not sure if that will be worth it if the top two QBs are gone. 

I agree I think we can trade up to 3 at best.  Depends on how our FO evaluates theses QBs coming out to determine if it is worth trading up.

12 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I think Cleveland and NYG probably will take QB's, but a lot can happen before April.  I really think the Bills go after a free agent QB and draft a QB at some point high

Agreed and I like your Avatar!