Not Just Underdogs, Blowout Predicted

RobH063

3 hours ago, Perk71 said:

Hey, I'm from the West Coast! lol

He meant a different loser, sorry. Maybe the Chargers who beat not in playoffs.

3 hours ago, poblano said:

Ina season we should have won 5 games

Maybe in espanol but in English it is one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and nine.

2 hours ago, RobH063 said:

That's what I thought too. Complete nonsense. I honestly think the Jags win the game and that's ok. Especially with McCoy having a bad wheel. As others have said..We aren't supposed to be playing in the playoff's in the first place so we've already won, but their offense isn't 44 points good and our defense isn't 44 points bad to a team like the Jags. The game will be much closer than these naysayers think.

You would a excellent Browns fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

I expect the Bills first drive to be 90% scripted pass plays and score on a Tolbert 1 yard TD.  Then next drive Tyrod runs 50% of the plays and the rest rollout quick passes.  Kelvin Benjamin scores on a 10 yard TD.  Then the rest of the game a few field goals and 2 INTs and 1 fumble revovery by our D.  Bills win 20 - 6.

Edited by PIZ

Just now, PIZ said:

I expect the Bills first drive to be 90% scripted pass plays and score on a Tolbert 1 yard TD.  Then next drive Tyrod runs 50% of the plays and the rest rollout quick passed.  Kelvin Benjamin scores on a 10 yard TD.  Then the rest of the game a few field goals and 2 INTs and 1 fumble revovery by our D.  Bills win 20 - 6.

I could like that 

2 hours ago, RobH063 said:

That's what I thought too. Complete nonsense. I honestly think the Jags win the game and that's ok. Especially with McCoy having a bad wheel. As others have said..We aren't supposed to be playing in the playoff's in the first place so we've already won, but their offense isn't 44 points good and our defense isn't 44 points bad to a team like the Jags. The game will be much closer than these naysayers think.

So you are happy simply to be playing in the game.

I fear the team feels that way too.

Imagine making the playoffs and then actually have a reasonable expectation of winning, too! 

We can hope; some day.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

THIS kinda sums it all up!!!  We exceeded expectations on several games we blew chunks on others.......this game is winnable but some STELLAR performances need to be turned in by the Bills or is very well could turn into a ROUT!!

Bottom line - Bills D pulls a crappy tackling effort that leads to 200 yards rushing.....yeah a blow out for sure.  BUT - if the D tackles responsibly, bends but doesn't break, there is a chance for an upset and lets face it  - a win would be an upset.

Be definition it is an upset win because line is Jaguars by 7+ and we are visiting team to a AFCS division.   I see the game ending on an Instant Replay call from New York.

4 hours ago, RobH063 said:

I say....NONSENSE! More Bills hatred.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/3/16844984/nfl-playoff-predictions-wild-card

Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars

When: Sunday, January 7th at 11:05 a.m.

The Jaguars have the best defense in the NFL and it’s not even close. They should devour a weak Bills team that backdoored their way into the playoffs for the first time this century.

I expect this game to be the biggest blowout of them all. Good for Malik Jackson to be back to playoff football before the team he left could get back to playoff football.

Jaguars 44, Bills 17

In the very least, Great bulletin board piece for the locker room.

Or you can line a birdcage.

4 hours ago, RobH063 said:

I say....NONSENSE! More Bills hatred.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/3/16844984/nfl-playoff-predictions-wild-card

Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars

When: Sunday, January 7th at 11:05 a.m.

The Jaguars have the best defense in the NFL and it’s not even close. They should devour a weak Bills team that backdoored their way into the playoffs for the first time this century.

I expect this game to be the biggest blowout of them all. Good for Malik Jackson to be back to playoff football before the team he left could get back to playoff football.

Jaguars 44, Bills 17

Well, on paper, it could roll that way. 

On paper, the Jags have the #2 D and the #5 O in the league.  #1 rushing attack, #21 passing attack, something like that.  That's based upon points.

The Bills have the #18D and the #22 O in the league, #4 rushing attack, #31 passing attack.

One needs to factor strength-of-schedule in there somewhere.  The Jags prowl in the AFC south.  If they played in the NFC south, they'd be sitting on sofas right now.

They got to beat up 2x on the poor hapless Texans, starting Savage and Yates at QB.  They got to beat up 2x on the Brissett-led Colts and 1x on the Browns.

Notable wins: Ravens, Steelers, Chargers

Notable losses: Jets, Titans (2x) and 49ers

Bills get to be whumped by the Patriots 2x a year and the Dolphins and Jets are IMO both better teams than the depleted Texans and Colts the Jags faced 2x.

Notable losses: Jets (2nd time), Saints, and Chargers.

Notable wins: Jets (1st time), Falcons, and Chiefs

Bottom line: I'm not so clear that the Jags are as good as their ranking suggests, nor that the Bills (assuming the N'Orleans or Chargers versions don't show) are as bad as their ranking suggests.  A lot of the reason the Bills D looks so bad is getting gashed by NE 2x, N'Orleans, and the Chargers.  A lot of the reason the Jags D looks so good is shutting down the Colts, Texans (both 2x) and Browns.

BUT - the Jags did beat the Bengals, holding them to 148 yds total offense, and also beat the Chargers.  We got gashed by the Bengals for 348 yds and I really don't want to revisit the Chargers game.  So against common opponents, it does look as though the Jags have a strong edge.  Except then there's the Jets, who hung NE-like numbers on the Jags.

Any given Sunday.....

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, on paper, it could roll that way. 

On paper, the Jags have the #2 D and the #5 O in the league.  #1 rushing attack, #21 passing attack, something like that.  That's based upon points.

The Bills have the #18D and the #22 O in the league, #4 rushing attack, #31 passing attack.

One needs to factor strength-of-schedule in there somewhere.  The Jags prowl in the AFC south.  If they played in the NFC south, they'd be sitting on sofas right now.

They got to beat up 2x on the poor hapless Texans, starting Savage and Yates at QB.  They got to beat up 2x on the Brissett-led Colts and 1x on the Browns.

Notable wins: Ravens, Steelers, Chargers

Notable losses: Jets, Titans (2x) and 49ers

Bills get to be whumped by the Patriots 2x a year and the Dolphins and Jets are IMO both better teams than the depleted Texans and Colts the Jags faced 2x.

Notable losses: Jets (2nd time), Saints, and Chargers.

Notable wins: Jets (1st time), Falcons, and Chiefs

Bottom line: I'm not so clear that the Jags are as good as their ranking suggests, nor that the Bills (assuming the N'Orleans or Chargers versions don't show) are as bad as their ranking suggests.  A lot of the reason the Bills D looks so bad is getting gashed by NE 2x, N'Orleans, and the Chargers.  A lot of the reason the Jags D looks so good is shutting down the Colts, Texans (both 2x) and Browns.

BUT - the Jags did beat the Bengals, holding them to 148 yds total offense, and also beat the Chargers.  We got gashed by the Bengals for 348 yds and I really don't want to revisit the Chargers game.  So against common opponents, it does look as though the Jags have a strong edge.  Except then there's the Jets, who hung NE-like numbers on the Jags.

Any given Sunday.....

Well said brother!

10 hours ago, nero1 said:

I am so over the predictions and prognosticators. For the first time in a very long time I am totally relaxed about the game. You see, we aren't supposed to be here, so we have already won.

But we are here and we haven't won. It seems like many are going to be ok accepting a loss