Will Shadys ego outstrip his talent

Foreigner

2 hours ago, RussellDopeland said:

So, any athlete that isn't at 100% shouldn't participate? I guess Tommy Lasorda then shouldn't have sent the injured Kirk Gibson to the plate in the bottom of the ninth in '88 to face Eckersley. 

And I suppose Willis Reed shouldn't have suited up in the '70 NBA finals. And Schilling shouldn't have started in the '04 ALCS game 7. And Tiger should have pulled out of the US Open in '08 instead of playing on one leg. Those athletes needed to check their egos and say "can't go" and left it at that.

bloody sock.jpg

This is simple, not even worth discussing.  OK, he only gained 10 yards rushing and 22 receiving last week.  But make no mistake, even at 33%, LeShady is still better than any other skill player on offense.  No other player has the ability to score from anywhere on the field.  If he's not in the game, they don't need to respect the run, so play action and TT rolling out is not nearly as effective (e.g. any 3rd down where Tolbert was subbed in for LeShady).  Charlie Murphy had a promising first game, but is he ready to be saddled up?  LeShady is playing, take it to the bank.  He's going to be taped up, shot up with Toradol, and sent out there to shred his ankle further.  Welcome to the NFL pal.

4 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

It's urgent?

Maybe he thinks LeShady is a Juke Box Hero (got stahs in his eyezzzzzzz).

Edited by Freddie's Dead

5 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Murphy and Tolbert ran well at times behind that bad line.

. Could it just be that the Dolphins focused on taking Shady out? You do realize that the guys on the Dolphins...the defense... they play professional football as well. Right?

It's good to see people like you on the board. The " Crud they got in the playoffs but I have a reputation for complaining" crowd. So the real question becomes will your ego outstrip your posting "talent"?.

Exactly. And it's not the first time Shady has put up miserable numbers in Miami.  2015:  11 carries, 16 yards.  2016: 8 carries, 11 yards.  2017: 11 carries, 10 yards.  

They've got his number, at least when playing at home. I don't know what it is, but other teams don't seem to be able to recreate it ....

On 1/3/2018 at 7:25 PM, MAJBobby said:

Such a lazy take. How many of the Buffalo Bills offensive production has been tied to Shady this year?

now tell me how this team wins against a top end defense without that production 

dont even get me started on the best defense in the NFL limiting drives against one of the worst 3 and out offenses

you said we can't win without Shady.   i say you are wrong.   

i've watched all their games (sadly enough) because of fantasy guys.  they're not that good. 

On 1/3/2018 at 6:06 PM, Foreigner said:

We all know LeSean's talent, one of the premier RB's in the NFL What we don't know is his ego.

Odell Beckham Jr injured his ankle in the pre season against the Browns. Was off a few weeks, came back for a

few weeks and then was lost for the season as he broke the same ankle he injured a few weeks earlier. 

Coincidence? Who knows. Shady injured his ankle Sunday in Miami. So far he has not practiced. Will he play

Sunday in Jacksonville? Nobody knows, but if they do know, no one is saying. Obviously Shady wants to play,

and the Bills will probably be better if he does. This a decision the coaching staff, the trainers, and medical

people should make, and it is a decision they have to say yes to, only if he is 100%. This is not a decision that Shady

should make. Against Miami Sunday, a healthy McCoy in 11 carries gained 10 yards. That's right 10 yards.

It really wasn't on him though, but on a O Line so bad that it would have been hard for anyone to do good. 

A O Line that needs to be fixed in the off season, no matter what any statistics show. How bad are they, and

disagree if you want, but do you know who has the most negative yards from scrimmage in the NFL this

year. If you said Shady you win. He has had some good games this year against poor DL But other teams

have stacked the box and want the passing game  to beat them. Anyway if he is 100%, let him play, if not he

needs to sit. Win this week and the Pats are waiting in Foxboro. He needs to be healthy next week.

First of all, learn how to write in paragraphs and organize your thoughts. I skimmed through it, so I could be wrong, but I believe the point is what I assumed it to be. That Shady could potentially be selfish by playing through his injury.

Check what he said Thursday after practice, and you'll find he has the opposite attitude. This thread is pointless, a simple check of the Bills blog on ESPN.com or almost any other site that has one covering the Bills makes this post useless.

And I like how if he plays through the injury it's selfish. Tyrod, or Sammy does it, and they get no credit for it or are soft when it effects their performance. Glenn gets no credit for it. But if Kyle does it, or Eric Wood does it, then it will live on forever in Bills history. I'll never call a guy selfish for playing through an injury. Bills fans should seriously reconsider what they say and do, because we around here might not be aware of it. But it has a definite pattern. 

You guys miss the point of this. Of course he wants to play. Of course he said if he can go and help the 

team he will. He is a star and a professional, and we probably need him to win.

I just don't want to hear after the game him saying that it was a mistake to be out there,  and he overruled

the medical staff.

He was on the last injury report Friday. We would all feel a lot better if he was off it and announced good

to go, so lets hope this game time decision turns out positive.