GMFB's Kay Adams: McDermott Should Be Considered for NFL COTY

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

It should be McD.  He did more with less.

Problem for Mcd is he took a 7 win team to a 9 win team. Which is good, but not great.

Mcvay took a 4 win team to what, a 11 win team? Probably 12 if he doesn't rest his starters.

Whoever wins coach of the year generally has one of the biggest turnarounds in terms of wins and losses. 

And 7 to 9 wins won't be enough. And rightfully so in my opinion as Mcvay has done wonders with that turnaround

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Problem for Mcd is he took a 7 win team to a 9 win team. Which is good, but not great.

Mcvay took a 4 win team to what, a 11 win team? Probably 12 if he doesn't rest his starters.

Whoever wins coach of the year generally has one of the biggest turnarounds in terms of wins and losses. 

And 7 to 9 wins won't be enough. And rightfully so in my opinion as Mcvay has done wonders with that turnaround

I would agree if we didn't let all our most talented players walk or trade them. there was no tanking talk for the rams this year. the talent was evident.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

But he also did it with a stripped down roster in a year the Bills were thought to be tanking it.

Just now, JMF2006 said:

But he also did it with a stripped down roster in a year the Bills were thought to be tanking it.

It won't matter though. He is not going to win it.

Mcvay, Pederson, and probably Zimmer will all be ahead of him in my opinion

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I would agree if we didn't let all our most talented players walk or trade them. there was no tanking talk for the rams this year. the talent was evident.

Rams had 4 wins last year. Mcvay completely changed their team.

He was even calling plays for Goff at the line

i thought it was evident too, but I just checked some preseason predictions and most had the Rams winning 4 games. I usually don't pay attention to prognosticators but it didn't seem evident to many and he was a very young rookie coach, I think the expectations for McVay were low, not as much as talent on the team.

40 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

There is an argument for McD in the "doing more with less" perspective.

The Rams have all the pieces. They were supposed to be good.

Not really. Goff was viewed as a colossal bust going into this season. Nobody thought the Rams offense would be as good as they have been even with the upgrades because it's all about the QB position.

I still think it is hard to quantify if we have really done more with less. Certainly we have less. But have we done more than the Rams? Rams were dominant this year and look like a team that will be in the mix for years to come.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

It won't matter though. He is not going to win it.

Mcvay, Pederson, and probably Zimmer will all be ahead of him in my opinion

I know,just hoping for the guy.

He is like the team an underdog.

I loved the hire and knew he could fix this mess.

Think of all the coaches that failed during the drought. 

Just now, klos63 said:

i thought it was evident too, but I just checked some preseason predictions and most had the Rams winning 4 games. I usually don't pay attention to prognosticators but it didn't seem evident to many and he was a very young rookie coach, I think the expectations for McVay were low, not as much as talent on the team.

I personally think that hinged on the fact that the previous staff was awful and made goff out to be a disaster. that obviously wasn't the case. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I personally think that hinged on the fact that the previous staff was awful and made goff out to be a disaster. that obviously wasn't the case. 

Wasn't Fischer against drafting Goff? I seem to remember that.

Just now, klos63 said:

Wasn't Fischer against drafting Goff? I seem to remember that.

great judge of talent... deemed goff not fit for the position and keenum was a disaster there too. now look how solid he's been with a good staff.

fischer and his crew were AWFUL.

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I know,just hoping for the guy.

He is like the team an underdog.

I loved the hire and knew he could fix this mess.

Think of all the coaches that failed during the drought. 

For sure. He’s done a nice job and not taking anything away from him.

Was Just saying there will probably be 3 to 4 coaches ahead of him in terms of coach of the year 

great judge of talent... deemed goff not fit for the position and keenum was a disaster there too. now look how solid he's been with a good staff.

fischer and his crew were AWFUL.

If it wasn't for the forward lateral, his record would be worse, losing a home playoff game to rob johnson.