Enough's enough - This team went 9-7......

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I.e. Dareus was a star in 2014-15 but not now?????  Gilmour, Darby, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin?????

Not trying to be an ass, just saying that this team is/was not terrible and as a fan expect them to improve annually and going from .500 to 9-7 is 1 win.......  

Yes I'm a fan, but still not 100% sure about the coaching staff......

As stated, I thought they were a playoff team in preseason, defended Tyrod and really got upset at the preseason trades and the FO/coaching staff pretending we were such a bad team.

Will be interesting in the offseason if they try and push forward with Peterman as the starter and TBD's buy in tp that scenario...... 

why do you think the bills will try to force peterman as the starter?  there's no indication of that, and if anything, you made it up to push some nonsense agenda.

Just now, teef said:

why do you think the bills will try to force peterman as the starter?  there's no indication of that, and if anything, you made it up to push some nonsense agenda.

Don't feed the anti-mcd trolls.

This guy's a pointless endeavor.

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No contradictions, Dolphins were a losing team this season (albeit a very talented one with the best HC in the division after Belichik IMO).

But again, some of you are acting like the Bills ran the gauntlet of playoff teams this season and beat them and also earned a birth in the tourney without help, neither is true.

Can't we all just be happy the season isn't over regardless of the less than ideal circumstances of how the Bills got in to the postseason?

show me one instance where this was said or even implied.  one...

Just now, joesixpack said:

Don't feed the anti-mcd trolls.

This guy's a pointless endeavor.

i know, but he's so illogical that i love to hear the responses.  remember, he actually told us that goff was being coached not to throw to watkins.  

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No contradictions, Dolphins were a losing team this season (albeit a very talented one with the best HC in the division after Belichik IMO).

But again, some of you are acting like the Bills ran the gauntlet of playoff teams this season and beat them and also earned a birth in the tourney without help, neither is true.

Can't we all just be happy the season isn't over regardless of the less than ideal circumstances of how the Bills got in to the postseason?

It seems like you don't know what the definition of a contradiction is.

You also provided a double standard in another post.  Do you know what that is?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Just now, teef said:

show me one instance where this was said or even implied.  one...

Read through the thread Teef, lots of fans here have the wrong perception of how and why this team made the playoffs.

Either way I'm done arguing about this and honestly regret posting in this thread (although my first response in this thread was against the OP and saying that it don't matter how the Bills got in).

Some people just want to argue with me for no reason I guess, but I'm going to enjoy and savor this next week regardless.

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

If it was so easy, why didn’t it happen in the past 17 years?  

If it’s luck this year that 9-7 made it, were we always just really that unlucky?  Is luck the deciding factor?

Yes, we were 9-7, but we were a better 9-7 than two other teams.  We won games we normally lost. 

I’m sorry, but I’m not buying what you’re selling. This was a special season and we saw glimpses of it at times.  We aren’t great...yet. 

And we could have easily been a legit 10-6 had Peterman never started.

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No contradictions

Some of you are acting like the Bills ran the gauntlet of playoff teams this season and beat them and also earned a birth in the tourney without help, neither is true.

You're being ironic, right?

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I.e. Dareus was a star in 2014-15 but not now?????  Gilmour, Darby, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin?????

Not trying to be an ass, just saying that this team is/was not terrible and as a fan expect them to improve annually and going from .500 to 9-7 is 1 win.......  

As stated, I thought they were a playoff team in preseason, defended Tyrod and really got upset at the preseason trades and the FO/coaching staff pretending we were such a bad team.

Will be interesting in the offseason if they try and push forward with Peterman as the starter and TBD's buy in tp that scenario...... 

So you're going to sit here and tell me with a straight face that this team has just as much talent as it did with Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Darby, Dareus?

19 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I'm still not very high on McD, mostly because he doesn't seem very bright and has made a series of questionable coaching decisions in recent weeks (i.e. going back to TT as the starter, overtime punt against Indy, etc)

But hard not to embrace 'The Process' now after he got lucky with the Ravens losing and Bills making the playoffs. Hopefully it doesn't get to his head though because this matchup with St. Doug looms LARGE.

Get out of here troll.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

Read through the thread Teef, lots of fans here have the wrong perception of how and why this team made the playoffs.

Either way I'm done arguing about this and honestly regret posting in this thread (although my first response in this thread was against the OP and saying that it don't matter how the Bills got in).

Some people just want to argue with me for no reason I guess, but I'm going to enjoy and savor this next week regardless.

the only person with the wrong perception is you.  not a single person said what you mentioned.   i get it.  you spewed nonsense all season, are getting called out for it, and are now on the run.  i like having you around, but don't be shocked that other people see your posts as garbage now.  you're the only one to blame for that.

I have to laugh at the OP's post

For the reason that they gutted 2 former 1st rd picks and an entire Defensive backfield /  WR core and yet here we are. I do give kudos to the coaches for going with players who want to be here and want to do the job they are asked to do..  I honestly believe that is the only way this team, with the player turnover we had this year, actually made the playoffs.

24 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I'm still not very high on McD, mostly because he doesn't seem very bright and has made a series of questionable coaching decisions in recent weeks (i.e. going back to TT as the starter, overtime punt against Indy, etc)

But hard not to embrace 'The Process' now after he got lucky with the Ravens losing and Bills making the playoffs. Hopefully it doesn't get to his head though because this matchup with St. Doug looms LARGE.

Going back to Taylor was a bad decision?  Lol you are a piece of work.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

If only Marcel would actually play like 2014 and not be constantly overweight, injured, and unmotivated.  You need to understand that when you invest 100 million dollars into a player that player needs to be the foundation of your team....you cant have long in the too Kyle Williams outplaying him week in and week out.   Gilmore?  Tre White TOTALLY out played him and they traded for Gaines....this secondary is the best the bills have fielded in years.   Darby immediately got hurt when he left and is not as good as White and Gains.  Watkins?   A rookie is outplaying him on the team he was traded to.  Woods?  I actually loved Woods but look at the money he got?   Goodwin?  That guy was more concerned about the Olympics when he was here then being a football player.   The player moves that the new regime have made have been SOLID.  

Yes as a matter of fact the talent on this years team is not close to last year's team when you lose Marcel and Sammy......we also lost the fastest cover linebacker in the league which makes a difference as well.   Last year's team should have TOTALLY had a better record then it did but the Coaches were idiots and squandered it....what actually happened is this group OVER performed.   You dont rememeber the predictions of a losing season for this 1st year group of coaches?  

You dont have to be.  but the reasons you give are bad.

Yet they did make the playoffs...sooooo

We are going to have to see on that.....i have no friggen idea because this regime does what they think is best no matter how it stuns people.....i was shocked when Sammy was traded.

Just now, What a Tuel said:

BS. We could be a legit 11-5 had Tyrod been the Tyrod you all think he is against the Bengals and Jets.

Yeah, okay. How many yards on the ground did our defense give up? We couldn't stop a nose bleed and don't forget, Tyrod did not have Woods, Watkins, Glenn, Gilislee, Benjamin and Matthews missed a bunch of time, Tyrod had nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Going back to Taylor was a bad decision?  Lol you are a piece of work.

Yes, and I still think this team could have won 11 or 12 games this year had NP started from day one which is probably what McD wanted anyway.

And with the way the defense was playing the first month or so it would have help immensely in terms of NP acclimating and making mistakes like he did against the Chargers.

It is what it is though and look forward to hopefully seeing NP next season as the starter. He's a very gritty kid and hard worker and will make massive strides this offseason.

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bills were 7-9 last year not .500.  Its a 2 win improvement on a year they dumped the roster and installed new systems.

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Yeah, okay. How many yards on the ground did our defense give up? We couldn't stop a nose bleed and don't forget, Tyrod did not have Woods, Watkins, Glenn, Gilislee, Benjamin and Matthews missed a bunch of time, Tyrod had nothing. 

Our defense in the Bengals game took the ball away 3 times, and had a punt return to the Cin 12 yard line. That game was ours for the taking, but Tyrod could not make it happen, and then threw the game ending pick.

The entire second half offense had like a net total of 50 yards.

Now I am not saying sticking with Taylor now is a bad thing. I am saying that this view of Tyrod beating the Chargers because he is Tyrod is unrealistic.