[Vague Title]Looking for a Video Link

Ennjay

Anybody have a link to the Landry fumble and 99-yd runback that got X'd?  I'm trying to show my wife what a bad call it was and all I turn up on nfl.com and Google is the celebration.

Edited by Ennjay

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He was OOB when the ball came out of his hand. 

I argued at first then took my homer glasses off while watching the replay.  

Slow the vid down to 4 secs. the ball was already moving out of his hands before anyone was OB

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2017/12/31/quick-calls-week-17-2017/

You can watch the video here. According to this site - which looks at close ref calls - the issue was Landry touched the ball after the fumble while physically out of bounds. The same site called the KB call from the previous week wrong, but had no problem with this call.

Edited by grb

I’ll tell you one thing I bitched about yesterday.....when the Ravens scored the TD to go ahead of the Bengals yesterday, I am convinced there was a false start on the Ravens LT that went uncalled.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017123101/2017/REG17/Bengals@Ravens?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017123101#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000901191&tab=videos

Would have been 3rd and 10if it was called.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Pretty sure if you even touch the ball while out of bounds it is dead, so it doesn't matter if he fumbled or not. He touched the ball while out of bounds, so that is why the play got reversed. I think it was a good reversal.

Pretty dumb of Preston Brown to be dancing and celebrating while the ref overturned it, though, haha.

1 minute ago, wiskibreth said:

I've moved on, but...  Ball is out -no control- while Landy is still in the air, not OB.

Capture.JPG

I confess to be no expert on the rule here, but what people are saying is this :

(1) The fumble came before Landry was out of bounds

(2)  But after the fumble Landry touches the ball while lying physically out of bounds

(3)  Per the rules, that makes it a dead ball

10 minutes ago, grb said:

I confess to be no expert on the rule here, but what people are saying is this :

(1) The fumble came before Landry was out of bounds

(2)  But after the fumble Landry touches the ball while lying physically out of bounds

(3)  Per the rules, that makes it a dead ball

Thanks, I understand now.

42 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’ll tell you one thing I bitched about yesterday.....when the Ravens scored the TD to go ahead of the Bengals yesterday, I am convinced there was a false start on the Ravens LT that went uncalled.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017123101/2017/REG17/Bengals@Ravens?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017123101#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000901191&tab=videos

Would have been 3rd and 10if it was called.

I saw the same thing, I was yelling at the TV for a false start when that play started. 

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Slow the vid down to 4 secs. the ball was already moving out of his hands before anyone was OB

The issue is not the fumble - they ruled it a fumble, but Landry is still touching the ball as his shoulder is out of bounds.

Therefore by rule an out of bounds player touched the loose ball and the ball is considered out of bounds and the play dead.

It is close, but I think it is the correct call.  

2 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Anyone have a full video? in none of the above videos does it show Landry touching the ball after the fumble. 

This vid is fine - his left shoulder hits barely out of bounds and the ball is still touching Landry’s hand.  The jarring of the ground is what bounces the ball away from Landry’s hand.

The NFL and the crew ruled it a fumble as the ball was obviously no longer controlled before Landry made contact with the ground, but the fact that he was still in contact as he hit the out of bounds caused the issue.

I think that is also part of what threw Brown off.  I am guessing the Ref on the Bills side said it was a fumble - which they took to mean a recovery and they no longer listened to the explanation.  There were several players beyond Brown that celebrated - although he made the biggest fool of himself.