Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

13 hours ago, TuelTime said:

He did it in 15 games too. And with his #1 WR  for years traded away before the start of the season. Did a single WR from last year even return? Taylor did pretty well this year when you think about it.

For years? Watkins only played in 21 games with Taylor on the roster. How does that constitute "And with his #1 WR  for years traded away before the start of the season"

9 hours ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Tyrod Taylor is stastically, a fine starting QB in the NFL.  The entire world knows this and has been telling us for two years.

But a bunch of armchair forum fans scream that he doesn't pass the eye test because he's not John Elway.  OK, let's see what happens.

Now he's in the playoffs.  In the playoffs at 28 years old by the way, which is meaningful.  I want to keep the guy - I don't get why any sane, rational football fan can hate him all things considered.  Yes, I've watched him too.   

What statistics are you looking at? By every statistical measure, he's not a good starting NFL QB. 

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Look at the porous offensive line and how teams never blitz us because they know they don't have to which means there are 7 or 8 guys in coverage on almost every passing play.

Look at Dennison's antiquated and predictable scheme and how we run on first down more than any other team.

Now tell me how many QBs in the league could do more than Tyrod has this season. Very few, in my opinion. 

The Tyrod bashing here used to irritate me but I've realized that group is made up of people who aren't all that bright nor seem like they understand context when evaluating individual players in a sport with many moving parts.

Look at the fake news about the OL. 

Wr, OL, Dennisons fault.         The cot handbook read aloud ???

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....hey Doc....HINT: it was sarcasm.......lighten up bud....what's intriguing to me is the mental moxey and cerebral aptitude the kid is already showing at this level....you'll never convince me the adrenalin wasn't pumping like hell in his 1st start and that he thought he could make every throw in every circumstance......pretty easy to underestimate the speed of the game at this level versus college...only a select 1,696 make it here....so he had 5 picks...Cousins, yup the $30 million dollar man had THREE yesterday and he's a bit (COUGH) more experienced......I think this Peterman kid has a huge upside...stay tuned...........

Lol

I'm more convinced than ever that the Bills could have picked any random jabroni in the draft as long as he physically looked like a prototypical/conventional QB and certain fans would be anointing him as the answer.

Edited by QB Bills

4 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Look at the hapless receiver group throughout the season. A gimpy Benjamin and whole bunch of nothing after that.

Look at the porous offensive line and how teams never blitz us because they know they don't have to which means there are 7 or 8 guys in coverage on almost every passing play.

Look at Dennison's antiquated and predictable scheme and how we run on first down more than any other team.

Now tell me how many QBs in the league could do more than Tyrod has this season. Very few, in my opinion. 

The Tyrod bashing here used to irritate me but I've realized that group is made up of people who aren't all that bright nor seem like they understand context when evaluating individual players in a sport with many moving parts.

Name 15 NFL QBs that a GM would trade you straight up for Taylor, right now. 

The Bills made the playoffs in the flukiest of ways. This is no way means we should keep Tyrod Taylor. He’s literally the worst starting QB in the NFL which is why our passing game is dead last. Enough with the nonsense. 

Yesterday was AWESOME! The drought is OVER! But we’re still mediocre. And keeping Tyrod would continue our mediocrity. 

I believe most Bills fans opinions of Tyrod are a little skewed. The national media tends to look a Taylor as a decent qb where as in Buffalo most have been looking to replace him since his first year.  Because we are in the same division as Tom Brady, our vision of what a qb needs to be is skewed from most other teams. We look at Brady and see him so often. And we are looking for a qb that can compete with Brady so we can beat our nemesis. In reality, the standard of quarterbacking is impossible for Tyrod to reach. He plays next to the greatest qb in NFL history and he is overmatched as most every other qb would be. If Matt Ryan were in New England instead of Brady I think we might look at Tyrod differently. Tyrod would be a more acceptable level of quarterback because he would still give the Bills a chance to win their division. But being outclassed by Brady every time they play makes Tyrod look worse than he really is. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

Lol

I'm more convinced than ever that the Bills could have picked any random jabroni in the draft as long as he physically looked like a prototypical/conventional QB and certain fans would be anointing him as the answer.

...unfortunately, you forgot to mention just how SMALL that "anointing window" is here among the TBD "One & Done Gang"......in Peterman's case, the ROOK in his FIRST start throws five picks and his "window" had bars on it before the clock hit zero......tough crowd.............

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The Bills made the playoffs in the flukiest of ways. This is no way means we should keep Tyrod Taylor. He’s literally the worst starting QB in the NFL which is why our passing game is dead last. Enough with the nonsense. 

Yesterday was AWESOME! The drought is OVER! But we’re still mediocre. And keeping Tyrod would continue our mediocrity. 

Is that you Paxton Lynch?

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

Name 15 NFL QBs that a GM would trade you straight up for Taylor, right now. 

NFL GMs are stupid for the most part. Why would I care what they would do?

Unlike you I am quite secure about my knowledge of football and don't need to reach for the "appeal to authority" approach.

8 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

NFL GMs are stupid for the most part. Why would I care what they would do?

Unlike you I am quite secure about my knowledge of football and don't need to reach for the "appeal to authority" approach.

Ok, lets play pretend then. 

You are the Bills GM, very secure about your knowledge of football. Every other stupid GM in the NFL is calling you right now offering you their starting QB for Tyrod Taylor, straight up. How many would you consider saying yes to? 

16 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Lol

You mean like DeShaun Watson, Russell Wilson, or Cam Newton? 

Edited by twoandfourteen

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

You are the Bills GM, very secure about your knowledge of football. Every other stupid GM in the NFL is calling you right now offering you their starting QB for Tyrod Taylor, straight up. How many would you say yes to? 

Denver, Jax, Arizona, Baltimore, Miami, Jets, Cleveland, Titans (and don’t debate this one Mariota has been AWFUL), 

10 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Its america.   I can do what I want. 

Tons of crappy QBs have went 9-7 and we don’t praise them for it. 

This team will be better with a better qb.  I stand by that.      Be mad about it if you wish. 

Im happy for Tyrod and all the Bills fans but I prefer moving on next year and I have that right.   

Wouldn't every single NFL team better if they had an even better QB than their current starter.

Bold stuff bro

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Denver, Jax, Arizona, Baltimore, Miami, Jets, Cleveland, Titans (and don’t debate this one Mariota has been AWFUL), 

You'd take those teams' QB's over Taylor?

9 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

You are the Bills GM, very secure about your knowledge of football. Every other stupid GM in the NFL is calling you right now offering you their starting QB for Tyrod Taylor, straight up. How many would you consider saying yes to? 

Can you modify that so it says "you are much more knowledgeable of football than the previous 2 Bills GMs"?