Packers Signing Davante Adams to a Four Year, $58M Contract Extension

26CornerBlitz

The modern NF’L’s investment in skill position salary cap will essentially eliminate the need for a above average offensive line. It’s very interesting to see when money will be invested in the future seasons. I predict that less and less money will be spent on the offensive line while we will see a continued increase on skill positions. With the rule book supporting them, offensive coordinators couldn’t be happier. Defensive backs/hybrid LBs will also see an increase in price imo 

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The modern NF’L’s investment in skill position salary cap will essentially eliminate the need for a above average offensive line. It’s very interesting to see when money will be invested in the future seasons. I predict that less and less money will be spent on the offensive line while we will see a continued increase on skill positions. With the rule book supporting them, offensive coordinators couldn’t be happier. Defensive backs/hybrid LBs will also see an increase in price imo 

wrong.  no O Line, no success in today's NFL.  period, end of story.   Ask Winston and Wilson.   Their O Lines fell apart and they've been running for their lives ever since.  

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

For teams with franchise QBs, WR in my mind is the second most important position, you gotta pay big time WRs, there is just no way around it. Too important of a position to skimp out on.

This is what we are seeing.

While the Bills gutted their WR corps in the offseason other teams loaded up on big play WR on theirs and it made their QB's look A LOT better.

Trading Watkins was just the last straw........they should have been ADDING talent at WR.

But when you say that you get accused of wanting to "build around" Taylor.........like having good WR talent isn't important for other QB's.:lol:

46 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

wrong.  no O Line, no success in today's NFL.  period, end of story.   Ask Winston and Wilson.   Their O Lines fell apart and they've been running for their lives ever since.  

You misread my post. I suggested it would eliminate the need for an above average line, meaning the days of overpaying lineman are gone. Look at many successful offensive lines to date. They function fine withid round draft picks and moderate level free agents. To argue against your point, look at the Raiders. They've pour a tremendous amount of value into their OL and that hasn't worked out for them at all. Money is better spent elsewhere, as others have suggested 

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is what we are seeing.

While the Bills gutted their WR corps in the offseason other teams loaded up on big play WR on theirs and it made their QB's look A LOT better.

Trading Watkins was just the last straw........they should have been ADDING talent at WR.

But when you say that you get accused of wanting to "build around" Taylor.........like having good WR talent isn't important for other QB's.:lol:

But we acquired Deonte Thompson? 

Seriously though, I just dont understand. l seriously doubt the new regimes ability to assess offensive talent, at all positions. 

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb will be let go I'm guessing.  I'm sure this deal has the attention of OBJ, Sammy Watkins, and other UFA WRs to be.

This doesn't bode well for us if we actually are working to re-sign Benjamin to lower his $8,500,000 cap number

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

This doesn't bode well for us if we actually are working to re-sign Benjamin to lower his $8,500,000 cap number

Benjamin is booked for next year at $8.5M.........and I suppose they could franchise him after 2018........and this being such an old team and with so few commitments long term they are going to have PLENTY of cap room that far down the road.

The issue is that Adams hasn't even had a 1,000 yard season yet and he got paid like THAT.  

Not worth that money but I think the Pack saw the success teams like Philly and Rams had ADDING WR and figure that WR are going to be a hot commodity this offseason.  

Draft class ain't that hot at WR either........don't see any Sammy Watkins' in this group.

Good thing the Bills went the opposite direction and gutted their WR corps.:thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Benjamin is booked for next year at $8.5M.........and I suppose they could franchise him after 2018........and this being such an old team and with so few commitments long term they are going to have PLENTY of cap room that far down the road.

The issue is that Adams hasn't even had a 1,000 yard season yet and he got paid like THAT.  

Not worth that money but I think the Pack saw the success teams like Philly and Rams had ADDING WR and figure that WR are going to be a hot commodity this offseason.  

Draft class ain't that hot at WR either........don't see any Sammy Watkins' in this group.

Good thing the Bills went the opposite direction and gutted their WR corps.:thumbsup:

I agree. Outside of Sutton and Ridley, probably nobody I'd take in the first. I think Ridley and Kirk are the best fits for us.