Rapoport: Sunday is "Likely" Tyrod Taylor's Last Regular Season Game as a Bill

26CornerBlitz

Article from BR: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751166-the-best-player-every-nfl-team-could-add-in-2018

How would you feel about the Bills adding Alex Smith?

"Yes, the Buffalo Bills are still in the hunt for a wild-card spot in the AFC. Tyrod Taylor is still technically under contract through the 2018 season. So is Alex Smith.

But Smith isn't the future in Kansas City. Patrick Mahomes is. Barring a run to the Super Bowl, the cap-strapped Chiefs will more than likely move on from Smith in the offseason—a move that would clear about $17 million off the salary cap.

Never mind the draft-pick compensation the Chiefs would add after they dealt their 2018 first-rounder for the chance to move up and draft Mahomes.

That pick was sent to the Bills.

Now, the Chiefs aren't getting that pick back—even with Smith coming off a career year. But Buffalo has a spare second-rounder too that might be enough to get a deal done.

As ESPN.com's Mike Sando pointed out, Smith would be a good scheme fit in Western New York, and the Bills and Chiefs have shown a willingness to talk turkey.

Buffalo has also shown a willingness to move on from Taylor—more than once.

Here's their best opportunity."

Did anyone else see the John Murphy show during training camp when Rapoport was a guest? He was slouched back in a chair, barely listening to Murphy and gave short distant answers, all the while looking at his cell phone. He really looked disinterested and didn't want to be on the show. Then all of a sudden he gets up and walks away in the middle of the interview. He's a douche.

Here are some key players who may not be with the Bills next year.

1. Tyrod Taylor. I think Sean McDermott told us all we need to know about Taylor’s future when he benched him prior to the Chargers game. The only reason Taylor is back as the starter is because McDermott realized he overestimated Nathan Peterman’s readiness. I thought Taylor was done in Buffalo after 2016 and I was wrong, but I don’t think I’ll be wrong this time. I believe he’ll be playing elsewhere in 2018.

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rapoport: 'Likely' that Sunday is Tyrod Taylor's last regular-season game with Buffalo (0:57)

Bills will be looking for a trade rather than releasing him. 

The information is as "likely" as Rapoport becoming spokesman for Al-Qaeda.

It is all guesswork with "likely" added since no proof.

I get the feeling that this regime might try and use Taylor and Cordy Glenn as extra ammo to move up in draft if there is a player they really want, QB or elsewhere.

Either way if we can get anything for TT in a trade it would be great but have to believe a 6th rounder is best case, possibly a 5th if a team really wants him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's not true. He has a direct line of communication to Dunkirk. 

Dunkirk as likely as real information as the other informant will be promoted from towel boy,

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I get the feeling that this regime might try and use Taylor and Cordy Glenn as extra ammo to move up in draft if there is a player they really want, QB or elsewhere.

Either way if we can get anything for TT in a trade it would be great but have to believe a 6th rounder is best case, possibly a 5th if a team really wants him.

We have a 5th round pick with 5 interceptions for trade bait.

38 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Dunkirk as likely as real information as the other informant will be promoted from towel boy,

Any QB that played in that game would've taken 7 sacks or thrown 4 to 5 picks. Peterman had 2 sec to throw before the Chargers D-Line was on him. 

If McD decides to stick with Taylor he will be fired in 2018 or 2019. I think McD is going to be a good NFL HC, it would suck if he is fired for backing the wrong QB.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And he STILL has more upside than TT...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Deja vu.......wasn't Rap-sheet saying Tyrod was gone at this time last year too?

Yes, as I recall .... if I'm recalling correctly he was the chief stirrer of a pot of controversy, Bills benching showed lack of faith, Tyrod was going behind Bills' back to get surgery in an attempt to trigger his injury clause, trouble in the house, bla bla

2 hours ago, PeterGriffin said:

Probably get more in a trade than TT also.

i would like to see mayfield or rudolph, but at the same time i'm perfectly fine with handing the start next year to nate and giving the rookie some time to acclimate. i really think he can execute a proficient offense. i believe in the kid. he can throw. screw the chargers game. that's on the coaches. no way in hell we would have won that game anyway. i really hope they make the most of their picks. i can't see them trading the farm or making someone like cousins the highest paid qb. trust the process.