What QB do you want to draft.

QB draft  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your QB

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve been anti-Rudolph. I might be wrong but there is just something missing there for me. He’s the guy that I don’t want.

After last night I honestly think he will be their pick. Rudolph, imo, checked a lot of Beane's boxes throughout the game. He had a slow start, but overcame that to have a very solid game against a secondary that, while it doesn't have any 1st round players, has 3 or 4 guys that I can see going between rounds 3 and 6. He extended some plays and showed more mobility than he had in the past. He performed in a high profile game. He has the size they appear to like.

They may love Darnold, but to me the real question now is do they love him so much more that they are willing to give up 2 more 1sts and a couple day 2 picks for him vs what they'd need to get Rudolph.

I like Rudolph, but I wouldn't discount Mayfield either. The popular boys scare me as west coast QB's. there is always a lot of hype that doesn't come to fruition. Stay where we end up and draft one of these two. They are hungrier I believe.

7 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I thought he looked very good.

...I thought so as well.....maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it was interesting that Beane himself attended the game versus one of his staff (plenty of former VP of Personnel and Pro Player Personnel Directors under him that he hired)........

How many teams are looking for a QB?  How many 1st round QB are expected?  Where would you project them?  I am worried the team below the Bills will trade up, and the Bills will be left going Lamar Jackson (don't want him) or second tier like Drew Lock:

1.  Darnold - Cleveland.

2.  Rosen - NYG.

3.  Mayfield - Jets.

4.  Allen - Broncos.

5.  Bengals?

6.  Rudolph - Bills (if 1 - 4 happen, then I hope Rudolph is available).

7.  Jacksonville?  Are they really satisfied with Bortles? 

8.  Saints?  Brees is not getting any younger.

9.  Steelers?  Rudolph would be a good fit, and I couldn't handle them trading up in front of the Bills again to get a QB.

10.  New England?  They don't have Jimmy G waiting in the wings anymore. 

11.  Miami - also read somewhere that Miami may be looking to upgrade at QB.

12.  Arizona - thanks for the reminder ColoradoBills....Yes, they need an upgrade. 

In my opinion, if the Bills number 1 goal is to get a top QB from this draft, then they are trading up.  If you want a QB, and don't pick in the top 10, you have to trade up.  In previous drafts, how many QBs were taken in the first round by a team that did not trade up?

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PIZ said:

How many teams are looking for a QB?  How many 1st round QB are expected?  Where would you project them?  I am worried the team below the Bills will trade up, and the Bills will be left going Lamar Jackson (don't want him) or second tier like Drew Lock:

1.  Darnold - Cleveland.

2.  Rosen - NYG.

3.  Mayfield - Jets.

4.  Allen - Broncos.

5.  Bengals?

6.  Rudolph - Bills (if 1 - 4 happen, then I hope Rudolph is available).

7.  Jacksonville?  Are they really satisfied with Bortles? 

8.  Saints?  Brees is not getting any younger.

9.  Steelers?  Rudolph would be a good fit, and I couldn't handle them trading up in front of the Bills again to get a QB.

10.  New England?  They don't have Jimmy G waiting in the wings anymore. 

We still have 2 2nds to work with. I wouldnt mind packaging both 1sts and one 2nd to move up as high as possible. That would still leave us with a "normal" draft (1 pick in each of the 7 rounds). Not bad.

29 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

So apparently Mayfiield isn't a real drop-back QB....just an athlete? A smaller Tim Tebow? Johnny Manziel 2.0?

Are you saying this, or asking it?

I'd favorably compare him more to a Wilson or Prescott, maybe with a little Mahomes thrown in. He throws it much better than Tebow ever did. He's definitely more of a slinger than a lot of the other athletic QBs. Definitely not a run-first guy. Worst case, he compares to Losman a bit, imo.

42 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Just about every draft place I look

Look on some better draft places. Matt Miller has him 41st on his big board. Miller and Josh Norris from Rotoworld were much, much closer on the Quarterbacks last year to what the teams thought rather than the same old tired talking heads. 

Rudolph will go in the 1st in my book and if he doesn't he will be off the board inside the first 5 picks of the 2nd round. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't think he gains much of anything at the combine. His stock will be effected by the Senior Bowl though imo

I just meant the entire offseason process. "Combine" was my lazy, and I guess inaccurate way, of saying that. Pro days too. All of it.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Are you saying this, or asking it?

I'd favorably compare him more to a Wilson or Prescott, maybe with a little Mahomes thrown in. He throws it much better than Tebow ever did. He's definitely more of a slinger than a lot of the other athletic QBs. Definitely not a run-first guy. Worst case, he compares to Losman a bit, imo.

I think somewhere on a scale between Johnny Manziel and Russell Wilson is probably about right. He is more accurate and better in the pocket than Manziel ever was. While Mayfield does play some backyard football at times Johnny Football lived and died by it as a college QB. 

He isn't as polished as Wilson, he doesn't have the high character of Wilson but he does have the competitiveness and the production and the arm. He also has the same clutch gene that DeShaun Watson has. The bigger the stakes... the better he seems to play. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't think he gains much of anything at the combine. His stock will be effected by the Senior Bowl though imo

He got a bump last night too. Scouts watching the end of season tape who were asking how much was the injury will have seen him with 3 weeks rest light it up last night and thought "maybe a lot". 

Playing in the Senior Bowl is a really smart move for him. He is someone for whom interview time with teams will be critical. The small playbook at Oklahoma State is going to be a worry and teams will want to test how he can absorb things on the blackboard and process new information quickly

• Like (+1) 1