Playoff bind is about the Bengals loss - not the Chargers!

BobChalmers

We are already hearing the national media ignorance trying to spin up the story that if the Bills win Sunday but lose the spot b/c the Chargers win that they blew it by benching Tyrod.

The fact is a Bengals win over the Ravens is all they need, and if the Bills had beaten the Bengals themselves it wouldn't be necessary.

The Bills offense was putrid against the Bengals and they lost a very winnable game.

When (and if) the Ravens sweep the Bengals, they will get in by virtue of handling a team the Bills could not.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 5

• BobChalmers changed the title to Playoff bind is about the Bengals loss - not the Chargers!
9 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

We are already hearing the national media ignorance trying to spin up the story that if the Bills win Sunday but lose the spot b/c the Chargers win that they blew it by benching Tyrod.

The fact is a Bengals win over the Ravens is all they need, and if the Bills had beaten the Bengals themselves it wouldn't be necessary.

The Bills offense was putrid against the Bengals and they lost a very winnable game.

When (and if) the Ravens sweep the Bengals, they will get in by virtue of handling a team the Bills could not.

I seem to remember AJ green torching us that game.  16 points is 16 points though.

The jets 2nd  game had some bad turnovers, and no run defense.

Edited by dneveu

Agreed. And I would add the Thursday night loss to the Jets--that is one that should have been a win and has come back to hurt in record and tie breakers.

But what it really did, was expose the Bills run defense, which form that game forward has been exploited by teams.

Edited by CSBill

Just now, Acattack15 said:

The Jets loss was a killer too. Completly botched that Thursday Night game, was the start of the ship turning south

I agree with this. That game was a barometer for me, coming off a big start into primetime against an inferior opponent. Any team should win that one if they are for real, but we couldn't do it.

Turning point of the season IMO (but it could still shift to this Sunday if everything goes our way)

Just now, Dr. Who said:

National media is clueless and often driven by political agendas.  They seem to think Tyrod is an above average qb when he is actually a serviceable backup who can reach the heights of mediocrity on a good day.

Ron Riveron is Russian???

No doubt in my mind that the 1 loss falls in Week 2 vs Carolina. The other losses, we deserved to lose. The Carolina loss was because the coaches tried to make Tyrod something he is not and forced a bad game on him. Panthers did not beat the Bills that day, the coaching staff did. Just an ounce of intelligence gets us that Win.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

No doubt in my mind that the 1 loss falls in Week 2 vs Carolina. The other losses, we deserved to lose. The Carolina loss was because the coaches tried to make Tyrod something he is not and forced a bad game on him. Panthers did not beat the Bills that day, the coaching staff did. Just an ounce of intelligence gets us that Win.

Almost won it too - if zay pulls that pass down.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Point to any other game you like and it's fair to look back at every loss, but the HC subjected himself to criticism when he sat his starting QB for a rookie who completely eliminated any chance of winning the game before the 1st half was over.

It was a strange decision.  Tyrod had not played well the preceding game, but NP was clearly in over his head.  I heard a rumor that Dennison was pushing for Peterman.  No idea if true, but I have little confidence this crew knows what it is doing, especially with regards to the offensive side of the ball.  I hope we have a new O-line coach and OC and qb . . . and a RT since DD will probably be playing LT and a real #2 rb . . . etc., etc.

With better QB play were certainly win the Bengals and Panthers games. And two me those were the two most important games we blew this season, especially the Bengals.

I won't blame TT for the TNF jets game but certainly it was a combination of factors and a game we should have also won.

But as for the Chargers it's still stupid to assume we would have won that game or had a chance with TT considering how hot they were during the time we played them and how poor the defense was in that game regardless of NP's turnovers.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

With better QB play were certainly win the Bengals and Panthers games. And two me those were the two most important games we blew this season, especially the Bengals.

I won't blame TT for the TNF jets game but certainly it was a combination of factors and a game we should have also won.

But as for the Chargers it's still stupid to assume we would have won that game or had a chance with TT considering how hot they were during the time we played them and how poor the defense was in that game regardless of NP's turnovers.

You absolutely cannot assume we would have won, but five interceptions in the first half clearly doomed our chances.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Players really checked out against the Lions.  How much did Detroit beat them by?

this is week 17.  i've heard players interviewed before, when they're not in the playoffs they are done week 17.

• Like (+1) 1