[Please Change Title]Zay Jones

chef4131

4 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Hard to evaluate wrs when you have tyrod [hardly]throwing you the ball

He has one of the lowest catch percentages ever and pff has him ranked last of all of the eligible WR. Thompson and Benjamin are so much better than Zay. I don’t want to be a hypocrite because I loved the pick but he has been awful. He can’t get open and can’t catch. I’m not ready to give up on him but he’s been terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So your theory is that he's been demoted because of Tyrod? Lame excuse and blame shifting.

No not making an excuse for Zay but when your comparing him to other wrs who clearly have a better qb throwing him the ball, it's hard to compare. Zay has had some bad hands this year for sure.. 

But look at goodwin this year compared to playing with tyrod etc...

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

No not making an excuse for Zay but when your comparing him to other wrs who clearly have a better qb throwing him the ball, it's hard to compare. Zay has had some bad hands this year for sure.. 

Deonte Thompson sure seems to have no problem catching passes.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So your theory is that he's been demoted because of Tyrod? Lame excuse and blame shifting.

That is fair and he's been bad, no doubt.   But how many WRs look good with Tyrod? The NFL is filled with ex Bills WRs playing big roles on other teams.

i think it all came down to confidence with Zay and he lost it. I also know it doesn't help your confidence when you get 1 or 2 accurate balls thrown your way all game.  Tyrod has some strengths but he does not elevate his WRs. 

18 minutes ago, chef4131 said:

I understand a rookie season does not a career make but Bills moved up in round 2 to pick Zay.    JuJu went late second round and Cooper Kupp early in round 3.

I LOVED Juju.  He's a stud.  But those guys have 1 and 2 WRs who help them get open.  You aren't getting as open with Jordan Matthews as your 1.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Tyrod is a factor, but you're forgetting to account for Kyle Shanahan's offense as opposed to Hackett's Roman's,  and Dennison's.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

To all the Tyrod apologists in this thread

I'm not blaming tyrod for his bad hands although I'm sure at least a few were because of bad throws I blame tyrod for bad stats (yards, catches) etc for all wrs especially when your comparing these stats against his peers on other teams 

Edited by Mrbojanglezs

if you have Tom Brady throwing you the ball then even Chris Hogan looks like a pro bowler.  if you have Tyrod throwing you the ball then good luck.  in the NFL you never get wide open so you need a QB that can fit it into those tiny windows when you do get a little separation.  hard to evaluate a WR when you don't have a QB that can get them the ball.

Just now, kdiggz said:

if you have Tom Brady throwing you the ball then even Chris Hogan looks like a pro bowler.  if you have Tyrod throwing you the ball then good luck.  in the NFL you never get wide open so you need a QB that can fit it into those tiny windows when you do get a little separation.  hard to evaluate a WR when you don't have a QB that can get them the ball.

How did Watkins look in 2015?

As for the drops, he seems to be getting out physicalled out there.  he needs to hit the weight room in the offseason.  it's a big step from a small college program to the NFL.  he might not have been prepared physically for the challenge.  hit the weights, become more physical, get a better QB and then lets see where he's at

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I must have missed this great pro bowl season that Sammy Watkins never had.  the 4th overall pick in the draft better make multiple pro bowls and yet here we are

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

As for the drops, he seems to be getting out physicalled out there.  he needs to hit the weight room in the offseason.  it's a big step from a small college program to the NFL.  he might not have been prepared physically for the challenge.  hit the weights, become more physical, get a better QB and then lets see where he's at

I must have missed this great pro bowl season that Sammy Watkins never had.  the 4th overall pick in the draft better make multiple pro bowls and yet here we are

Nice way to not answer the question.  60 catches for 1047 yards with 9 TDs.   Pretty lousy huh?  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Really good but those weren't precision type passes. There were a lot of just chuck it up and have Sammy come down with it, which is Tyrod's best pass.

i posted it before but Chris Hogan had more YAC in 2016 than Sammy did in his last 2 years here.