Browns could pass on Rosen given his desire to go to NYG

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

If I'm Cleveland I draft the guy and then give him the option of not playing for 4 years or signing the contract...

Enough of these players thinking they can control what team they play on.

Exactly...what if the Bills wanted to trade up with the browns for Rosen but didn’t because he only wants to play for NY?...straight up BS

Edited by JaCrispy

Just now, matter2003 said:

If I'm Cleveland I draft the guy and then give him the option of not playing for 4 years or signing the contract...

Enough of these players thinking they can control what team they play on.

I don’t think that it works that way. If he doesn’t sign the contract he is eligible again for the draft a year later (Bo Jackson). 

• Like (+1) 2

So if he thinks the Browns will take him, he won’t declare. Problem is that he needs to make that decision in about 3 weeks.

UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen would prefer to play for the Giants over the Browns and would be hesitant to come out in next year's NFL draft if he knew that Cleveland was going to take him with the No. 1 overall pick, according to league sources familiar with the situation.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that it works that way. If he doesn’t sign the contract he is eligible again for the draft a year later (Bo Jackson). 

That's probably right...I just think that gives them too much leverage. They should be forced to play for the team that drafts them regardless

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Do the browns lose that pick though or are they awarded an extra first rounder the following year?

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

That's probably right...I just think that gives them too much leverage. They should be forced to play for the team that drafts them regardless

It happens all of the time in baseball. We aren’t heading in the direction of the players having less say over their careers. We are going to see it more and more whether it be guys pushing where they get drafted, refusing to sign the tag, offset language, etc... 

• Like (+1) 1