Flying the Bills Flag

Shaw66

7 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I see indications of Bill;s fans on cars on a regular basis here in the Tampa area.

I wore a Bills shirt to my gym and the female manager and her friend looked at me and said "Go Bills".

Our quest for world domination goes on, unhindered. :)

i was flying in and out of tampa a few years ago to take some classes, and i always had comments when i wore something bills.  typically from the younger crowd too.  i just assumed there were lots of transplants.

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I fly the flag while they are still in contention (the entire season this year!!!) in PHilly. 

Tons of Bills fans here in Philadelphia and South Jersey and people always give a "Go Bills" when they see me out in gear.

When a team is this bad for this long, everyone loves them at some level.  

You in the city or S Jersey? Don't see many where I am in the pinelands.

52 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

About 10 years ago I noticed (or so I thought) that the second flag was a Bills flag.  So I always checked out the flag when I went by, but usually it was just hanging limp

Am I the first to notice the metaphorical significance of that?

I used to have a Bills flag flying in front of my house in a neighborhood I lived in several years ago here in the Atlanta suburbs.  One day, not long after I had moved in, I was walking my dog and another neighbor came up and scolded me for the flag saying it would be offensive to my next door neighbor. I was wondering to myself, is he a Falcons fan, Patriots, Dolphins? Either way, I didn't care, I was going to keep flying my flag with pride.

A couple of weeks later as I started getting to know the neighbors better, I asked the one who mentioned my flag what the deal was. Turns out, he didn't get a good look at it and thought it was a confederate flag. :lol: He was shocked I would fly it because my next door neighbor was black. I got a lot of mileage giving him crap about that one for the rest of the football season.  

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I used to have a Bills flag flying in front of my house in a neighborhood I lived in several years ago here in the Atlanta suburbs.  One day, not long after I had moved in, I was walking my dog and another neighbor came up and scolded me for the flag saying it would be offensive to my next door neighbor. I was wondering to myself, is he a Falcons fan, Patriots, Dolphins? Either way, I didn't care, I was going to keep flying my flag with pride.

A couple of weeks later as I started getting to know the neighbors better, I asked the one who mentioned my flag what the deal was. Turns out, he didn't get a good look at it and thought it was a confederate flag. :lol: He was shocked I would fly it because my next door neighbor was black. I got a lot of mileage giving him crap about that one for the rest of the football season.  

That's a great story.   Probably took a little courage for your neighbor to speak up when he thought it was a confederate flag.   

Good think you're not a Raiders fan - he might have thought you were a nazi.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I feel like I've met more people from buffalo in charlotte than I have people from buffalo in buffalo. Everytime I go there I'm swamped with "when's the last time you had duffs?" Or whatever their favorite buffalo restaurant is. 

I signed the Panthers superbowl card in a mall there before the panthers/broncos and wrote go bills on it. Bunch of people came up and started talking about buffalo and what part I'm from.  In that group two of them went to my high school(at different times) another worked with my grandma, and one just transferred from my job but a different department. It was crazy. 

The number of people I see at the Target in Kannapolis on a game day morning wearing Bills gear is pretty nuts. We actually went there after the Colts snow game and even one of the kids working was like "Go Bills!" because my son and I were wearing our Bills stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

My wife is from Spring Valley, and her favorite team is the Cowboys, then the Giants.  She thinks Eli is cute. 

But after 40 years with me, she roots for the Bills every week.   She believes they suck and will lose every week, but she roots for them.  

I'm from right down the road New City! Everyone in my town knows the Bills suck but are too afraid to tell me.

I was wearing my Bills hat on Tuesday while visiting the North Shore of Oahu. The little Hawaiian cashier at the Shave Ice place said "Go Bills"!  Apparently her boyfriend is in the navy out here. I was shocked when she then gave me her entire low down on the Dolphins game.  

Go Bills and Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas)

I'm a Connecticut guy for 38 years.  My Dad is from Buffalo and was at the rockpile in 1960 and protected me from the Jets and Giants.  I am southern CT so Pats really weren't that popular until the mid to late 90's.  Funny how that works. 

I am in a condo so no flag pole, but each game day I am in a jersey (Kelly, Reed or Jackson), the 4.5 lb dog is in a jersey and the baby twin boys are in Bills shirts. 

57 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

What kinds of flags do you gents fly?

Personally I like the "You're in Bills Country" flag.  I think I like that one because it takes me back to the very first game I ever attended at Rich Stadium in the late 70s.  They had that painted on the back of the scoreboard back then. 

I don’t recall exactly, I believe mine was the red helmet on a blue background. 

I believe it was like this one. 

1365_.jpg

Edited by Just Jack
added image of flag

1 hour ago, DCBongo said:

I'm a Connecticut guy for 38 years.  My Dad is from Buffalo and was at the rockpile in 1960 and protected me from the Jets and Giants.  I am southern CT so Pats really weren't that popular until the mid to late 90's.  Funny how that works. 

I am in a condo so no flag pole, but each game day I am in a jersey (Kelly, Reed or Jackson), the 4.5 lb dog is in a jersey and the baby twin boys are in Bills shirts. 

4.5 lb dog? That, sir, is a cat. 

• Haha (+1) 1