Will Bills Honor McCoy when career over

MAJBobby

Let's get back on the OP's topic: Will THE BILLS honor McCoy, not will he make the HOF. And, yes, if he plays another year or three like he has, he should be honored. He's been a good citizen, good teammate and done stellar work on the field. Why wouldn't they honor him?

Edited by yungmack

6 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Let's get back on the OP's topic: Will THE BILLS honor McCoy, not will he make the HOF. And, yes, if he plays another year or three like he has, he should be honored. He's been a good citizen, good teammate and done stellar work on the field. Why wouldn't they honor him?

One  more year vs. three more years is a huge difference in perception. I stand by the thought that he only needs one more year with us and he will be honored after he is inducted into the HOF.

14 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

They should. Especially if he helps us end the drought. He's THE best player we've had during the drought. Freddy was pretty damn good, but he's no Shady.

I'm pretty much in agreement with this. There have been some other all time great players who've been Bills during the drought, but they walked on us or were traded when contract time came around. Peters and Marshawn are the ones that come to mind.

Edited by DC Greg
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would say 2 more years at this level in a Bills uniform and he goes on the Wall. He’s already accomplished more as a Bill than some of the guys on there.

Dumb question so please don't laugh to hard. Does the wall ever fill up or have limited spaces? Do you ever have to remove a name to make room for another. I know it's a dumb question.

3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Dumb question so please don't laugh to hard. Does the wall ever fill up or have limited spaces? Do you ever have to remove a name to make room for another. I know it's a dumb question.

I don’t think that they’d remove names they’d just keep finding new places to put them. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Question I have is would the Bills honor him in anyway (like being in the Ring or Wall) or when it comes the Buffalo Longevity keeps him off?

No, I think they will simply let him fade off into obscurity given he is just an average talent.....

Of course they will honor him .... not sure if it will be the wall

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

No, I think they will simply let him fade off into obscurity given he is just an average talent.....

Of course they will honor him .... not sure if it will be the wall

Well there is the “wall” and “ring” so where does he get. The Wall or the Ring of Honor?

1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

For comparison, in his first 3 years with the bills, Travis Henry ran for 3500yds and 27TDs...

And Henry also managed to have 13 kids with 8 different women in that time :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

He should be honored IMO, pop him on the wall someday.

McCoy is a top 10 player personally for me with the Bills all time already, maybe top 5 in a couple more years. I still remember the clowns on the trade during BBMB days saying he is "overpaid" and "RB's are a dime a dozen" crap. 

McCoy trade for Kiko was/is hands down the best trade the Bills ever made player for player.

Edited by Real McCoy

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

I heard it on a radio interview the other day...I am trying to remember who they were interviewing about the HOF but he explained that in the NFL you dont choose to be inducted for any one team, you just get inducted and they honor all teams you played for in your career...when the interviewee comes to mind, I will edit this post 

Thurman Thomas went in the the HOF as a dolphin. ????

11 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

McCoy is a top 10 player personally for me with the Bills all time already, maybe top 5 in a couple more years. I still remember the clowns on the trade during BBMB days saying he is "overpaid" and "RB's are a dime a dozen" crap. 

McCoy trade for Kiko was/is hands down the best trade the Bills ever made player for player.

Hughes for Sheppard is up there. Both orchestrated by Doug Whaley

If he plays a few more years for us and stays classy for sure.. The guy is dynamite.. If we get upgrades on the OL he still has a couple career seasons ahead of him IMO.. he seems to like Buffalo so I can see it happening

51 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Its always risky with high paid RB's. The league has changed so the hey day of RBs is mostly in the past..  but Shady is proving to be a dynamic RB

• Like (+1) 1