Pressure is the Key

H2o

I’ve seen more teams blitzing against Brady - mixed results, but he doesn’t seem to be burning it consistently like he used to.

He’s a bit more hesitant than he used to be and sometimes slower to get the ball out.  Obviously he’s still the best in the league, but it’s heartening to see a few cracks in the armor.  Age will catch up to him faster than most think.  He is taking a ton of hits.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I get your point, but that team needed a miracle catch, a Houdini type escape, AND a dropped INT to win that game.  But a great D will always slow down even the greatest of O.  The Pas weakness this year isn't the O as it is the D which has so many new faces I don't recognize half the starters.

You could play the if game with any of the pats sb wins too.  They needed 19 plays to go perfectly to complete the comeback last year.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I get your point, but that team needed a miracle catch, a Houdini type escape, AND a dropped INT to win that game.  But a great D will always slow down even the greatest of O.  The Pas weakness this year isn't the O as it is the D which has so many new faces I don't recognize half the starters.

Not counting the Superbowls, the 2007 final game of the regular season had the Giants play the Pats and the Giants put pressure on Brady with their front 4........The Giants lost that one, but that game is what set the tone for the gameplan for that years SB.

They figured out Brady and the Hood even before the SB and carried it through to the big game.

Just now, Steptide said:

I said a few weeks ago when we played the Pats, bouts on every single play. Every single one. Bradys been pretty bad under pressure this year. Blitz every...... Single..... Play

I agree, but you blitz with the front 4 (which we can't do with our talent) and keep the LB's free for any quick underneath coverage.

5 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Honestly, the defense played pretty well when we played the Pats a few weeks ago. They limited Brady and kept him from having a big game. While Gronk had numerous catches and piled up yardage last time, he was not a back-breaker. The problem in that game was the 3-and-out offense. If the D plays well again, and the Bills' offense can be as productive as it was in the first half against Miami yesterday, an upset victory is not out of the question.

It's a long shot, but I agree there's a chance. I think they key is the offense. Brady and Gronk are going to score. Offense has to put drives together that end in 7 early, just like they did this week.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I said a few weeks ago when we played the Pats, bouts on every single play. Every single one. Bradys been pretty bad under pressure this year. Blitz every...... Single..... Play

Blitz and he will kill you EVERY single play. If you noticed the Steelers rushed 4 almost all night. And they love blitzing!

4 hours ago, Success said:

I’ve seen more teams blitzing against Brady - mixed results, but he doesn’t seem to be burning it consistently like he used to.

He’s a bit more hesitant than he used to be and sometimes slower to get the ball out.  Obviously he’s still the best in the league, but it’s heartening to see a few cracks in the armor.  Age will catch up to him faster than most think.  He is taking a ton of hits.

You could play the if game with any of the pats sb wins too.  They needed 19 plays to go perfectly to complete the comeback last year.

And one incredibly arrogant or just plain stupid Offensive coordinator on the opposing sideline. 

I hate to bring up a sore subject, but I'm going to, because it's relevant.

If nothing else (and nothing else really did come of it), I fear that the hit that Gronk put on White is going to work against us.

I think we can all agree that White got away with holding Gronk.  A lot.  As in, most of the game.

Everyone knows that's what Gronk was really pissed about and the INT was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I think refs will be looking for it and flagging it; specifically on Gronk - but not necessarily just when White is covering.

My point is that we can pressure Brady all we want (our front four sucks, as do our LBs, so I really don't see it happening anyway), but unless we can cover Gronkowski, we're dead.

It really depends on the officiating crew. We got Gene Steratore for that game. A fair crew with a good Ref. They pretty much let them play, much to Gronkowski 's chagrin. He loves pushing off and being all kinds of handsy on DBs, but hates when they're allowed to do it in return. So misunderstood , poor Gronk. Anyway, we'll see who gets this game as it likely won't be Gene and crew again. If it's say, John Parry the Bills are doomed from the start. 

8 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Milano on Gronk with Hyde or Poyer over the top.  No single covering Gronk like the Steelers did (also, if Gronk played for any other team, he would have been suspended multiple games).  

White on Cooks

Need K. Williams to have the best game of his life.  

Also need to draft some pass rushers.  

I’d love to see white in cooks but I doubt we see it.  I expect to see white and Gaines on their respective sides. Milano and a safety is probably our best chance to slow him down. Playoffs on the line and our 5h rd rookie is being charged with stopping the pats #1 option.  I wish the kid luck.  I’d expect to see a fair amount of Humber too.  I didn’t see his snap count last game but noticed him a few times 

39 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Absolutely on Gronk. What was it, 8 catches, 150 yards and a win well in hand?  I'd be pissed too.

No one outside of Buffalo talks about this.  How frustrated can you possibly be when you’re winning a game easily?  Try losing to the same team for 17 years.

I can’t stand Gronk.  Forever dirty after that play.

One thing that I believe plays a factor is Milano. He has the athletic ability to handle Gronk underneath. He may even be able to run with him down the field a bit. A much better look on defense for us with Humber now playing limited snaps. Karma is a dirty :censored: though and I believe she's looking for Gronk like he gave her herpes. 

18 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Yes! Pressure! OF COURSE!

Why didn't anyone see this before??  It's as simple as getting pressure up the middle on Brady. Seriously, I'm not sure why teams haven't been trying to do this in the past. Usually, when Brady says "hike," the D-Line just stands around and waits. 

But yea..."pressure." Good idea, Bro. 

I think their OL has always been elite (or they get away with big time holding!!!).