Week 16: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with EJ Gaines Out

26CornerBlitz

COMING SOON: BILLS VS PATRIOTS (1:00)
The Bills head back on the road to face the New England Patriots in a crucial week 16 matchup between AFC East rivals.

Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots

TAYLOR6-768x432.png

3. Bills at PatriotsSunday, 1 p.m., CBS. It’s the 8-6, playoff-contending Bills going to Foxboro to face the Patriots for the second time this month. Bill Belichick’s crew showed, once again, its guts and resourcefulness in Pittsburgh, but also its flaws. And coming off that 12-round fight, this sets up as an interesting spot against Sean McDermott’s scrappy bunch.

31 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

People here keep talking about the Meathead Mularkey season. It was probably that Pitt game.

Chances go way down, though. We really need the Colts to win. Jets too.

Don't quote me on this, but it seems to me that if the Titans lose to Rams and Jaguars and we beat Fish, we're in (probably).   Doesn't seem like long odds at all.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In Week 13 against Buffalo, the Patriots ran the ball on more than half their snaps, and they didn’t attack vertically downfield. That’s a little surprising given that the Bills are a zone-based defense with a mediocre pass rush. Tom Brady usually feasts on those. It’ll be interesting to see New England’s approach in Round 2, with the Bills coming to Foxboro on Sunday.

He walked off the podium and proceeded to smash his phone.

45 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

People here keep talking about the Meathead Mularkey season. It was probably that Pitt game.

Chances go way down, though. We really need the Colts to win. Jets too.

No. We need the Chargers to lose one and the Jags to beat the Titans. We beat Miami and were in, even with a loss to the Patriots. Ravens don't matter.

I realize that winning is the ultimate payback...but I think what Gronk did to Tre White may be the single most despicable moment I have ever seen on a Football field. I think he should have been suspended for a month.  I don’t ever want someone to get hurt and I realize it makes me sound like a terrible person. I truly hope that on the first play of the game a lineman purposely rolls over on Gronks leg and knocks him out for the rest of the year. I don’t care how bad it sounds, he deserves it.

In this edition of Patriots All Access join us as we go inside the locker room as the team gets their t-shirts following the 27-24 win over the Steelers. Then, Steve Burton sits down with Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski. Plus, Scott Zolak and Coach Belichick break down the Bills on the Belestrator. All that and more on this edition of Patriots All Access.

I really hope this guerrero controversy became a big enough distraction to the patriots locker room this week. 

Need all the help we can get.

I just wanted to add....

Guerrero must be a super sketchy dude. Either Belicheat was pissed off that he wasnt the main cheat anymore, or that Guerrero was too sketch, even for him.

What a weird organization

Edited by GETTOTHE50

I really like how the players sound and the vibe in that locker room. Throughout the week,the more I'm hearing out of OBD, the more  I've been slowly realizing this is going to be a close game with potential for victory. I could just sense it... My gut is usually right on these

Edited by JerseyBills

Posted by Chris Brown on December 22, 2017 – 5:42 pm

Head coach Sean McDermott spelled it out Friday morning and the final injury report for the Bills confirmed it.

WR Andre Holmes will miss Sunday’s game with a neck injury. Kelvin Benjamin and E.J. Gaines are both questionable, but Benjamin said he expects to play Sunday against the Patriots. Gaines might be a bit more on the iffy side after suffering a knee injury in last week’s game.

Kyle Williams is also questionable, but expected to play.

Posted by Chris Brown on December 22, 2017 – 5:43 pm

Neither Rex Burkhead nor Alan Branch were expected to be ready to play on Sunday against the Bills for New England and that has proven to be the case.

Branch is out again this week with a knee injury and RB Rex Burkhead is out with the same malady.

A long list of Patriots are questionable including fellow running backs James White and Brandon Bolden. Their questionable nature for Sunday’s game almost ensures that Mike Gillislee will be active this weekend after being a healthy scratch for the past six weeks.

LB Kyle Van Noy and WR Chris Hogan are among the other notable players who are questionable for the game.

10 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I really hope this guerrero controversy became a big enough distraction to the patriots locker room this week. 

Need all the help we can get.

I just wanted to add....

Guerrero must be a super sketchy dude. Either Belicheat was pissed off that he wasnt the main cheat anymore, or that Guerrero was too sketch, even for him.

What a weird organization

It sounds like Guerrero was giving the team instructions contrary to the S and C coaches so he had to go.  If that's true, the decision makes sense to me (regardless of whether he was right or wrong).

Bills vs. Patriots: 5 biggest storylines for NFL Week 16 | Bills Wire
Breaking down the top five storylines to follow during the Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots NFL Week 16 clash

Dawkins: Left tackle is ‘my favorite position on the field’ | WGR 550 SportsRadio
The Bills' offensive tackle talked with Howard and Jeremy on Friday

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Last week’s win over the Steelers put the Patriots back in the playoffs once again. It was also a hard-hitting contest that could have some ripple effects this week when it comes to Brady and company. That being said, the Buffalo Bills’ offense has been somewhat erratic for a spell and when last these teams met McDermott’s club couldn’t find the end zone. This figures to be a tighter game that anticipated but the champs figure to get the job done once again.

Pick: Patriots 19, Bills 10

We really need Gaines. It’s incredible how much better we are when both our outside starting Croners are on the field. Who would have figured in the Watkins trade, the player was as good as the pick. If that guy wasn’t literally hurt every single game, I would want a long term deal done today. Lock up that tandem for the length of Whites deal.