More from obd

Thanks Don!  I love your posts!

This sounds like Alex Smith or Travis Kelce to me.  Wouldn't mind Tyler Bray either.  

"Smoke starting in Kansas City.  Source says teams are talking regarding player and draft picks."

Edited by PIZ

it would be completely idiotic to build a stadium in the middle of nowhere.  you think they would really do it outside of Erie county like some are suggesting?  that's tax dollars the area wouldn't get.  Buffalo real estate is booming and a stadium downtown or on the east side of the city would continue that development and do a lot of good for the city

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

it would be completely idiotic to build a stadium in the middle of nowhere.  you think they would really do it outside of Erie county like some are suggesting?  that's tax dollars the area wouldn't get.  Buffalo real estate is booming and a stadium downtown or on the east side of the city would continue that development and do a lot of good for the city

They could purchase most of the East side for next to nothing.   Perhaps they already have.

Then level it - Heck a lot of it already has been razed.

Entrances off both the 190 and 33.   Would make sense.

Just now, PolishDave said:

They could purchase most of the East side for next to nothing.   Perhaps they already have.

Then level it - Heck a lot of it already has been razed.

Entrances off both the 190 and 33.   Would make sense.

Yes that would make sense.  A lot of people including the OP saying that it won't even be in Buffalo and some are eluding to Genesee county which makes zero sense.  If it's not going to be downtown then put it on the east side and build that area into something useful instead of the squalor that it's in

But it should definitely be in the city of Buffalo.  If not then I think they are making a big mistake and it will be a giant missed opportunity

8 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

There are areas here around Cbus that would have been considered “nowhere” 10-15 years ago and are now home to major shopping/dining/entertainment areas. Not saying that’s what’s happening up there, just that a lot of times the vision isn’t the easiest to see. 

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Yes that would make sense.  A lot of people including the OP saying that it won't even be in Buffalo and some are eluding to Genesee county which makes zero sense.  If it's not going to be downtown then put it on the east side and build that area into something useful instead of the squalor that it's in

But it should definitely be in the city of Buffalo.  If not then I think they are making a big mistake and it will be a giant missed opportunity

Cheektowaga area or borderline Cheektowaga/city line makes a lot of sense.   Most populous and most central suburb.    Galleria mall is already the most successful commerce magnet in WNY.    And its for a reason - mostly location.    If I was a commercial real estate developer, I would think that area holds the highest likelihood of success for this type of project.   And it is close enough to the city/downtown for entire area to benefit.

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

That is possible the state pays for the roads but no state money for the stadium that is why the tax free incentive was chosen.  Some of the brass recommended downtown but pegula did not want it there. Cost, traffic and tailgating were huge negatives.

You keep saying traffic. However a stadium in or near Batavia has extremely limited access in and out. How would it be better there when there is one toll booth open to get in and out of Batavia?

2 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

There are areas here around Cbus that would have been considered “nowhere” 10-15 years ago and are now home to major shopping/dining/entertainment areas. Not saying that’s what’s happening up there, just that a lot of times the vision isn’t the easiest to see. 

Isn't Columbus also a massive city compared to Buffalo?   I think so.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who will be parking in your lot "year round"?

Won't the new stadium be competing with the old stadium for the very few events that need a stadium sized venue when they come to Buffalo?  Or is the County, which just put even more money into "the Ralph" going to detonate the old stadium?

Detroit style

Just now, PolishDave said:

Cheektowaga area or borderline Cheektowaga/city line makes a lot of sense.   Most populous and most central suburb.    Galleria mall is already the most successful commerce magnet in WNY.    And its for a reason - mostly location.    If I was a commercial real estate developer, I would think that area holds the highest likelihood of success for this type of project.   And it is close enough to the city/downtown for entire area to benefit.

Yes but find me 1000s of availible undeveloped acres on Cheektowaga. There aren’t many sites like that left in the immediate burbs.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Thanks Don!  I love your posts!

This sounds like Alex Smith or Travis Kelce to me.  Wouldn't mind Tyler Bray either.  

"Smoke starting in Kansas City.  Source says teams are talking regarding player and draft picks."

Alex Smith makes sense.  Andy Reid is probably ready to start the Mahomes era.  My guess is Kelce stays in KC; too valuable a target for Mahomes.

If we get Alex Smith, that will allow McDermott and Beane to draft a QB, though I suspect they won't spend a lot of draft capital to do so.  Too many other holes to fill.

1 minute ago, MarkAF43 said:

You keep saying traffic. However a stadium in or near Batavia has extremely limited access in and out. How would it be better there when there is one toll booth open to get in and out of Batavia?

Lol, poor Cindy working that 1 toll booth for the past 20 years.  They better give her a raise

I wish I knew the current WNY better. I’ve been gone a loooong time. I spent a long time in real estate and with the right resources, I’d love the puzzle of trying to figure this out. This is too important to mess up! They are far smarter than I will ever be (the bank accounts prove that!) so we’ll have to wait and hope for the best. 

The one thing I know for sure? Some people will be pleased, and some will be mighty ticked off when it gets announced. Well, they should have put down their $1.4 BILLION plus the stadium money. 

Just now, kdiggz said:

Lol, poor Cindy working that 1 toll booth for the past 20 years.  They better give her a raise

Lol but seriously. I don't see how it makes sense. I can't imagine with all the Pegulas are investing in Buffalo and right near Key bank center that they're going to move the Bills stadium to Genessee county. 

Just now, MarkAF43 said:

Lol but seriously. I don't see how it makes sense. I can't imagine with all the Pegulas are investing in Buffalo and right near Key bank center that they're going to move the Bills stadium to Genessee county. 

It so idiotic that it make sense. With all the good they’ve done, isn’t it time for a massive Buffalo screw up?

Edited by runner68

1 minute ago, runner68 said:

Yes but find me 1000s of availible undeveloped acres on Cheektowaga. There aren’t many sites like that left in the immediate burbs.

Why would you need 1,000's of undeveloped acres?

Stadiums don't take many acres at all.   Do you know how large an acre is?

The massive Dallas stadium is on 80 acres.

Thruway mall site is big enough for stadium itself I believe.

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Why would you need 1,000's of undeveloped acres?

Stadiums don't take many acres at all.   Do you know how large an acre is?

The massive Dallas stadium is on 80 acres.

Thruway mall site is big enough for stadium itself I believe.

I get it but you need a ton of land for what the want to do with the shopping plaza and destination that Dunkirk Don talked about. Sure a stadium could fit at the Thruway mall, but do you really think they would stick a building like that smack dab in the middle of an already congested area filled with big box stores and residential areas? I don’t think it would be wise to do that... 

Edited by runner68