More from obd

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Not in Buffalo 

OK, TBDers - start listing your guesses.  I haven't lived in WNY for many, many years, so I'm not one to speculate.  What's going on in the east suburbs/exurbs? Any good redevelopment prospects? It'd have to be on the Thruway or nearby if the "entertainment complex" is part of the mix.

I need to get to sleep.  Will have more tomorrow.  Former bills are part of an investment group.  What bills have a restaurant in Buffalo now.  They recently bought 10 acres paid pennies for the land.   Watch the news announcement of new restaurant and shopping center will be announced in next two months.  They will make more money in this venture then they did playing

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

The property around the stadium will be hot property for hotels bars, restaurants etc.   

I am currently a low level investor in an investment group that is working on a big land deal so I cannot share location but if you check public records on transaction it will lead you there.  My percentage is small but very lucrative.   We are going after parking. No up keep and money generator year round

There are several kind of crappy gin mills and a half way decent restaurant and zero hotels by the existing stadium.   Why is a new one going to attract all these new hotels, bars, restaurants and etc.?

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Please no

Why not?  A lot more accessible for Rochester. If the Bills and their "small market" are going to survive, they've got to draw a larger metro market than just Buffalo. Toronto concepts are always intriguing, but that damned intl border makes it too difficult.  We need a true EU style Canada-USA border, but until we have that, it ain't gonna work.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Why not?  A lot more accessible for Rochester. If the Bills and their "small market" are going to survive, they've got to draw a larger metro market than just Buffalo. Toronto concepts are always intriguing, but that damned intl border makes it too difficult.  We need a true EU style Canada-USA border, but until we have that, it ain't gonna work.

It'd be a longer drive for me 

4 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

There are several kind of crappy gin mills and a half way decent restaurant and zero hotels by the existing stadium.   Why is a new one going to attract all these new hotels, bars, restaurants and etc.?

I questioned that earlier, then I thought more about the Braves stadium. They built the new stuff as a year round attraction that just happens to be used on game day. That didn’t exist near the old stadium. If it happens as part of a master plan and it’s close enough to a sufficient population base, it can work. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I questioned that earlier, then I thought more about the Braves stadium. They built the new stuff as a year round attraction that just happens to be used on game day. That didn’t exist near the old stadium. If it happens as part of a master plan and it’s close enough to a sufficient population base, it can work. 

Atlanta is a much larger city though.  No?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to me it would make sense at the site of the old Thruway mall which is currently being demolished it appears.

That would be a place close enough to heavy population that could support a conglomerate of new restaurants, bars, clubs and hotels.   And it would still be in Erie County -a county with enough money - close enough to not deter Canadians - and slightly more attractive to people traveling from Rochester area.

Pembroke - too desolate for restaurants/bars and in Genesee county which could not even afford to build the road infrastructure for such a project.

Edited by PolishDave

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Atlanta is a much larger city though.  No?

ABSOLUTELY, but it wouldn’t have to be on that kind of scale to be successful. It all depends on the location and how they execute. It could be it’s own destination if done properly. (For the record, in ATL it’s VERY close to the intersection of I-75 and the beltway - easy to get to for a lot of people.) Time will tell.