More from obd

50 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm reposting what I wrote in his other thread because I think it is correct.

Dunkirk Don said:

My guess is Mike Sullivan from the Giants. Born and raised in California and likely to be fired along with their whole staff. He was in Tampa Bay from 2012-2013 so McDermott would be familiar with him. He was Eli Manning's QB coach in the 2010 and 2011 seasons which were 2 of his best years including the Super Bowl win.

Would be a terrible hire. Would rather keep Dennison. Giants offense is a complete **** show and has regressed over the last 3 years.  You would not need to give this guy a AHC title to get him here.  Also, this guy might be from California but has coached in NY/NJ for a long time so he doesn't strike me as a left coast guy.

This sounds like Scott Linehan to me, DAL OC. His specialty is the passing game. Very experienced. Dallas could clean house and finally move on from Garrett. He's spent his career mostly out west, the south, or Miami. Has the credibility/experience to warrant an AHC title.

• Like (+1) 1

I can confirm that the Bills really like Cousins and Darnold. However what i have been told Rudolph is also well liked in the Scouting Department along with Rosen. Yes they also like Allen. 

Tying to get anything on Dennison from my friend is like pulling teeth. 

However my other Buddy that works for another Organization says there is a general feel around the league that Dennison will be fired 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Dunkirk Don?

You do realize that nobody on here knows who the heck you are....right? If you're going to enter a chat room and then demand respect and recognition of your self proclaimed authority you may need to slow down a bit.

Keep posting Don.  It's only a chat room for heavens sake!

Asking for respect isn't something that fans of the same team who want to discuss that team should have to do. There are some bad seeds on this board who seem to get off on insulting people whose opinions don't meet their narrow idea of what football should be. They are the problem, not the poster.

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Will be deleting all posts but did want to share one last piece of information.  Stadium will be open air. Will seat 67,000

I know I am not appreciated here

Keep posting.  Some of us are interested in what you have to say.  Ignore those who are not.

12 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Would be a terrible hire. Would rather keep Dennison. Giants offense is a complete **** show and has regressed over the last 3 years

I don't think Sullivan has anything to do with that. McAdoo was running the show. Their offensive line is worst in the league, receivers are injured, and Eli is old. If you're going to bring in Kirk Cousins it makes a lot of sense to get the guy that coached Eli Manning in his best seasons.

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I can confirm that the Bills really like Cousins and Darnold. However what i have been told Rudolph is also well liked in the Scouting Department along with Rosen. Yes they also like Allen. 

However my other Buddy that works for another Organization says there is a general feel around the league that Dennison will be fired 

Ask your source about Mike Sullivan if he knows anything

Edited by HappyDays

Paying a QB 30 mil a year, you are saying he is good enough to win you a superbowl.  I dont see that with Cousins.  I think he would give us the best chance to make the Playoffs and if the Brady and Big ben retire he may get us to a Superbowl.  I dont see him beating any of the guys in the NFC.  There are 5 guys that really intrigue me that could come out this year.  Rosen and Darnold are the cream of the crop.  Rosen is best thrower of the Football and can make any throw you want with accuracy.   My #1 priority would be to go after which ever one of those guys dont go #1.  With the recent success of the 49ers I expect the top two teams to be both QB needy.  Plan B I would first kick the tires on Andrew Luck.  If he is available for trade I would roll the dice to get him.  He is a better Qb than anything available.  I would hope for a Drew Brees type recovery.  If he is not attainable I would shift my attention to whoever I determine is the next guy below Rosen or Darnoald.  I think that could be any of the following Jackson, Mayfieled, or Jackson.  This is really personal preference and who do you trust more.  I think of the 3 trade possibilities the 3rd option would cost the least but another Qb would need to be on the roster to remove any forced action if the guy isn't ready week 1.   

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

dear god no on Rudolph....hope its only the scouting department and stops with the GM/Coach. I don't get whats to like with Rudolph. Product of a pass happy, spread, QB friendly offense/coach, with the best WR corp in college football for two years now. Mahomes was at least reading defenses and going through progressions...noooooooo to Rudolph

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think Sullivan has anything to do with that. McAdoo was running the show. Their offensive line is worst in the league, receivers are injured, and Eli is old. If you're going to bring in Kirk Cousins it makes a lot of sense to get the guy that coached Eli Manning in his best seasons.

Ask your source about Mike Sullivan if he knows anything

Will do. Just warning you he has been very Hush Hush about Dennison. 

I will ask my buddy in the other Organization if the general thought around the league is Dennison Canned what is the thought toward replacement 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd prefer someone young and creative but as long as they replace Dennison, I'm willing to give anyone a chance. Dennison has failed.

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Take a shot on ANY of the top QBs. If you like a guy go get him. Don't sit on your hands and wait till the next round(Like this franchise has done forever).

Hope the info is false.

I'd be fine with that if they were all one year deals.  In any of these cases (besides Peterman or a rookie), you're likely making multi-year big dollar investments.  You can't do that with an average QB, and while Cousins may be above average he's not on the level his contract is going to demand. 

Edited by essential

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I kind of like the Cousins idea with all the cap room and early picks we have.  We currently have about 54 million of free cap next year and that includes almost 20 mil for Taylor.

Could surround him with weapons and wait for a talented but developmental type QB to drop to us in another less hyped draft year, a la Bridgewater/Jimmy G/Carr. It'll be big money but it's not a lifetime contract. We have can take an offensive player in each of the first 3 rounds and still add 2 starters on D.

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Paying a QB 30 mil a year, you are saying he is good enough to win you a superbowl.  I dont see that with Cousins.  I think he would give us the best chance to make the Playoffs and if the Brady and Big ben retire he may get us to a Superbowl.  I dont see him beating any of the guys in the NFC.  There are 5 guys that really intrigue me that could come out this year.  Rosen and Darnold are the cream of the crop.  Rosen is best thrower of the Football and can make any throw you want with accuracy.   My #1 priority would be to go after which ever one of those guys dont go #1.  With the recent success of the 49ers I expect the top two teams to be both QB needy.  Plan B I would first kick the tires on Andrew Luck.  If he is available for trade I would roll the dice to get him.  He is a better Qb than anything available.  I would hope for a Drew Brees type recovery.  If he is not attainable I would shift my attention to whoever I determine is the next guy below Rosen or Darnoald.  I think that could be any of the following Jackson, Mayfieled, or Jackson.  This is really personal preference and who do you trust more.  I think of the 3 trade possibilities the 3rd option would cost the least but another Qb would need to be on the roster to remove any forced action if the guy isn't ready week 1.   

Cousins can absolutely win you a Super Bowl. 

Rosen is soft and doesn't have the love for football or chip on his shoulder to be great. I like Darnold's potential but he needs a lot of work and won't be close to ready to carry a team right away. 

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wait for it....they'll be running you out of here with torches and pitchforks....

Although, personally I appreciate the info / validation....regardless of accuracy, the effort is appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Cousins can absolutely win you a Super Bowl. 

I don't know on Cousins.  I keep thinking back to week 17 Redskins vs Giants last year where he threw the pick in the end zone, which ended the game and the Redskins chances of making the playoffs.  Maybe Cousins learned and moved on from that, but maybe not.  Just seems like he's kind of a risk and not worth what he'll be commanding as far as salary.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Dunkirk Don?

You do realize that nobody on here knows who the heck you are....right? If you're going to enter a chat room and then demand respect and recognition of your self proclaimed authority you may need to slow down a bit.

Keep posting Don.  It's only a chat room for heavens sake!

in today's  terminology  they are now called a Forum 

Queue the commercial with the  young teen  -  Whats a Chat Room  

12 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'd prefer someone young and creative but as long as they replace Dennison, I'm willing to give anyone a chance. Dennison has failed.

I'm ok with Dennison getting a year with Cousins if that's what it comes to. The run game has looked better the past few games when Tolbert isn't on the field, and Tyrod isn't able to execute what he wants done in the passing game.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't know on Cousins.  I keep thinking back to week 17 Redskins vs Giants last year where he threw the pick in the end zone, which ended the game and the Redskins chances of making the playoffs.  Maybe Cousins learned and moved on from that, but maybe not.  Just seems like he's kind of a risk and not worth what he'll be commanding as far as salary.

I'm with you on that. I think he is an above average QB, but I don't think I would pay him 25-28 mil per year or whatever the rate is now.

He makes beautiful throws but has flaws in his game. The first one that comes to mind is untimely interceptions

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Even the great ones can fall short. No one is undefeated. Rodgers has only won a single Super Bowl. Brady has lost two Super Bowls and should've lost a third before the Russell Wilson pass at the goal line. You haven't seen Eli Manning and Joe Flacco throw interceptions? They suck and have three rings between them.

Cousins is in just his third season as a starter in the NFL. In his first season he finished 5th in passer rating, 7th in DYAR, 6th in QBR. His second season - 3rd in DYAR, 6th in QBR, 3rd in total passing yards.

The guy is a stud. We should throw a parade if Cousins ever puts on a Bills jersey.

• Thank you (+1) 1