Gutless Call to Punt

ChicagoRic

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

With Joe Webb, in six inches of snow, and no Benjamin, and no real ability to kick FGs, and no timeouts, with a tie as good as a loss, who didn't figure we would go 70 yards?

And you know they’d have made the 1 let alone scored?

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

And you know they’d have made the 1 let alone scored?

Didn't matter. It was a terrible call. Of course you know there is a risk you won't make it. That goes without saying. Chances are reasonably good you can make one yard though. If it were fourth and four that's probably a different decision. You still probably go for it inside their territory that far. 

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Didn't matter. It was a terrible call. Of course you know there is a risk you won't make it. That goes without saying. Chances are reasonably good you can make one yard though. If it were fourth and four that's probably a different decision. You still probably go for it inside their territory that far. 

And when....not if, but when....the colts took that failed 4th 30 yards, and kicked the GW field goal, YOU and everyone else bitching in this thread would have been crucifying him for it.

Spare me trying to tell me otherwise.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, joesixpack said:

And when....not if, but when....the colts took that failed 4th 30 yards, and kicked the GW field goal, YOU and everyone else bitching in this thread would have been crucifying him for it.

No inwould have been likely bitching about the defense at thag point 

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Lol who here REALLY trusts this offense to do anything? Don’t be idiots.

What are better odds. To get the 4th and 1 and pick up another 15 to yards to basically win the game?

Or to hope your defence stops them, and you need roughly a 50 yard drive with 2 minutes to go with your 3rd string QB?

Pretty easy decision for me and that's to pick up the 4th and 1 and then get another 15 yards on top of it

Just now, MAJBobby said:

No inwould have been likely bitching about the defense at thag point 

Bitching nonetheless, which is my point.

Ppl here have no vision, no patience, and largely no intellect.

Those who hate McDermott likely do because SAMMY. They drew their line, and closed their minds.

Not a chance of that. It was an easy call. No possible way I would have blamed him for going. That's just bull ****. I like McD for the most part. That was an easy call to go. He made three mistakes. I suppose you thought it was a good idea to wait 15 seconds, then call a timeout, and then punt it anyway, too. That was horrendous. 

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

What are better odds. To get the 4th and 1 and pick up another 15 to yards to basically win the game?

Or to hope your defence stops them, and you need roughly a 50 yard drive with 2 minutes to go with your 3rd string QB?

Pretty easy decision for me and that's to pick up the 4th and 1 and then get another 15 yards on top of it

And when you don't?

Because they'd failed at it a couple times earlier.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Not a chance of that. It was an easy call. No possible way I would have blamed him for going. That's just bull ****. I like McD for the most part. That was an easy call to go. He made three mistakes. I suppose you thought it was a good idea to wait 15 seconds, then call a timeout, and then punt it anyway, too. That was horrendous. 

No, didn't like the timeout. Make the decision, and go with it.

Bitching nonetheless, which is my point.

Ppl here have no vision, no patience, and largely no intellect.

Those who hate McDermott likely do because SAMMY. They drew their line, and closed their minds.

Funny so because i call out his poor decision to punt and call a timeout before hand as well means i hate McD?

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

15 yards? How about 45. 

And when you don't?

Because they'd failed at it a couple times earlier.

No, didn't like the timeout. Make the decision, and go with it.

When you don't, what? Don't get it? They would have lost about 15 yards in field position lol...

If you want to play the what if game, what if Brissett hits a wide open Hilton on the last drive?

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

When you don't, what? Don't get it? They would have lost about 15 yards in field position lol...

If you want to play the what if game, what if Brissett hits a wide open Hilton on the last drive?

Or they rip off a sustained drive like they already have 

the punt saved them exactly 14 yards Field position

Edited by MAJBobby