Its a lot of speculation right now...

This offensive line would be MASSIVE.......

For a team that is going to feature Willis Magehee and the run next year.....

- Two MASSIVE OT's

- a very good LG in Demulling

- a solid center in Teague...and maybe even more then solid if we go Chris Spencer in the draft

- Roadgrading Villy on the RG spot

- And experienced Gandy and Tucker backing up

- Two MASSIVE OT's

- a solid center in Teague...and maybe even more then solid if we go Chris Spencer in the draft

266087[/snapback]

Excellent point John. Especially in terms of Willis. Bottom line - this is not JP's team (nor was it ever Drew's team), this is Willis' team. And TD will add the necessary elements to make sure that we run, run, run, run, run, run. It all boils down to clock management. If we are able to control the ball on offense, it will keep the defense fresh, which will make the loss of Phat Pat easier to swallow (no pun intended). I envision that Willis will be touching the ball ~30 times per game next year - combination runs, screens, etc. And if he is 100% healed by the start of next season, LOOK OUT!

I feel pretty good about us signing DeMulling.....I think the deal is wrapped up within a day or two.

Signing DeMulling and then trading for Shelton would make our offensive line really strong. In the draft, I'd get Chris Spencer (Center) with our 2nd and Mike Munoz (Tackle) in the 3rd. I'm a big fan of Spencer and think he could push Teague for playing time in his rookie season.

As for Munoz, he has been really falling in the draft because of his injuries, but if he bounces back from them, our depth on the O-Line would shift our Offense from average to dominant.

Excellent point John.  Especially in terms of Willis.  Bottom line - this is not JP's team (nor was it ever Drew's team), this is Willis' team.  And TD will add the necessary elements to make sure that we run, run, run, run, run, run.  It all boils down to clock management.  If we are able to control the ball on offense, it will keep the defense fresh, which will make the loss of Phat Pat easier to swallow (no pun intended).  I envision that Willis will be touching the ball ~30 times per game next year - combination runs, screens, etc.  And if he is 100% healed by the start of next season, LOOK OUT!

266091[/snapback]

All the more reason to keep Travis Henry. With a good OL, Travis is a good straight ahead battering ram. To complement Willis's ability to bounce outside.

This would be more of a fantasy, but if it happened I would be estatic!!

Bill trade Henry for Shelton (Looks unlikely though)

Bills sign Demulling (Only for a good price)

Bills sign Davenport to backup Willis (Again, only if cheap) We would loose a 4th round pick in this case though.

Bills sign David Terrell (I think he still has alot of potential and with him being a 3rd reciever he could create alot of matchup problems)

With the 2nd and 3rd round pick I'de hope Alex Smith(TE from Stanford) would fall to us, but I'de take best available.

i hope you are right, but he is going to visit the Lions and possibly the Ravens

266133[/snapback]

And it seems that there hasn't been an offer from either side as of right now:

DeMulling made Buffalo his first stop since becoming a free agent, and he's scheduled to visit the Detroit Lions on Tuesday.

The player's agent, Ken Staninger, described it as a good visit in Buffalo, but added that he and the team have not yet traded any contract offers.

-From boston.com

I feel if we sign Demulling, it's to play center not guard, i think there is a fallout plan as such, if we trade for shelton then shelton starts at LT with Gandy at LG and Demulling at center, maybe cutting teague, if we can't make the deal then teague starts at center Demulling at LG and Gandy at LT or Gandy at LG, demulling at Center and teague at LT.

I am hoping that we can get shelton he has so much upside and with good coaching something he didn't see with the cards he could be a top LT.

I feel pretty good about us signing DeMulling.....I think the deal is wrapped up within a day or two.

266092[/snapback]

disagree - i may be wrong, but when a guy visits the donohoe-era bills and leaves without an offer (and the lack of an offer is publicly announced), the history has been that there's no chance of him signing with the bills. i could be wrong in this case, but that's been the history ...

disagree - i may be wrong, but when a guy visits the donohoe-era bills and leaves without an offer (and the lack of an offer is publicly announced), the history has been that there's no chance of him signing with the bills. i could be wrong in this case, but that's been the history ...

266144[/snapback]

I am not sure if that is accurate. I know that Vincent took a few visits after Buffalo and took a while to do decide if he wanted to play in Buffalo or not. Then again TV and Demulling are at two different points in their career. That is the only supporting evidence off the top of my head, but i think a few others left town without signing and eventually signed with us.

That is the only supporting evidence off the top of my head, but i think a few others left town without signing and eventually signed with us.

266171[/snapback]

Larry Centers and Sam Adams also left town and eventually signed.

I am not sure if that is accurate.  I know that Vincent took a few visits after Buffalo and took a while to do decide if he wanted to play in Buffalo or not.  Then again TV and Demulling are at two different points in their career.  That is the only supporting evidence off the top of my head, but i think a few others left town without signing and eventually signed with us.

266171[/snapback]

"without signing" is the operative phrase. that means there was at least an offer on the table. In RD's case, there is no offer

"without signing" is the operative phrase. that means there was at least an offer on the table. In RD's case, there is no offer

266188[/snapback]

I don't know if offers existed for those players or not. I just listened to the audio from RD and while a confident man, he sounded fuzzy about the whole free agency process. He referenced his agent a lot which may mean that he is sort of following his agents lead at the moment and that means he will visit several teams and gather several offers.

This may be more posturing by TD, because any player that listens to their agent that closely will trust what the agent says, esspecially on a first visit. I don't think TD wanted to overpay for RD and wanted to let the market determine his value. If TD makes the first offer then it isn't the market, but TD that made his value, which is risky. Maybe if this was his last visit, he would have had an offer from us that was competitive with other teams' offers.

That make any sense?

Excellent point John.  Especially in terms of Willis.  Bottom line - this is not JP's team (nor was it ever Drew's team), this is Willis' team.  And TD will add the necessary elements to make sure that we run, run, run, run, run, run.  It all boils down to clock management.  If we are able to control the ball on offense, it will keep the defense fresh, which will make the loss of Phat Pat easier to swallow (no pun intended).  I envision that Willis will be touching the ball ~30 times per game next year - combination runs, screens, etc.  And if he is 100% healed by the start of next season, LOOK OUT!

266091[/snapback]

Don't forget about the other Shelton - Daimon. He was on many unofficial post-season lists (Peter King and ESPN - IIRC) after a slow start. Great asset to have in the backfield with Willis.

This may be more posturing by TD, because any player that listens to their agent that closely will trust what the agent says, esspecially on a first visit.  I don't think TD wanted to overpay for RD and wanted to let the market determine his value.  If TD makes the first offer then it isn't the market, but TD that made his value, which is risky.  Maybe if this was his last visit, he would have had an offer from us that was competitive with other teams' offers.

266198[/snapback]

if that is his strategy, i think it blows.........detriot had keroy kennedy in town and put the full court press on him because he was scheduled to go to miami next.........they did everything they could to get him signed and wouldn't let him get on that plane........they got their man, and that is the bottom line.........

and where is demulling headed next again? hmmmmmmmmm

if that is his strategy, i think it blows.........detriot had keroy kennedy in town and put the full court press on him because he was scheduled to go to miami next.........they did everything they could to get him signed and wouldn't let him get on that plane........they got their man, and that is the bottom line.........

266275[/snapback]

Say something good about Tom Donahoe. I dare you. :huh:

I feel if we sign Demulling, it's to play center not guard, i think there is a fallout plan as such, if we trade for shelton then shelton starts at LT with Gandy at LG and Demulling at center, maybe cutting teague, if we can't make the deal then teague starts at center Demulling at LG and Gandy at LT or Gandy at LG, demulling at Center and teague at LT.

I am hoping that we can get shelton he has so much upside and with good coaching something he didn't see with the cards he could be a top LT.

266142[/snapback]

give up the talk of cutting Teague.

He was probably our most consistent OL last year and can plan LT.

He is NOT going to be cut.

266275[/snapback]

Well, at least you're consistent.

Well, at least you're consistent.

266328[/snapback]

it's a calculated risk letting him go to DET........i don't like our chances........they really need a guard badly.........i'd still rather take kendrick vincent over demulling anyway, but if TD has a hard-on for demulling i think he's going to lose this bluff.........

- Two MASSIVE OT's

266087[/snapback]

you're also leaving out the latest OL project - Justin Bannan at OG.

All the more reason to keep Travis Henry. With a good OL, Travis is a good straight ahead battering ram. To complement Willis's ability to bounce outside.

266122[/snapback]

At risk of running afoul of the new kinder, gentler TSW i have to ask, how many games did you watch last season?

i'm bumping this up.

wasn't Demulling supposed to visit the Lions earlier today (still Tues in AZ)?

not a peep out of Detroit's website about his visit. I was thinking though, since they signed Pollard, he could be getting a good endorsement from his old teammate.

anyone hear anything else about his visit?

This would be more of a fantasy, but if it happened I would be estatic!!

Bill trade Henry for Shelton (Looks unlikely though)

Bills sign Demulling (Only for a good price)

Bills sign Davenport to backup Willis (Again, only if cheap) We would loose a 4th round pick in this case though.

Bills sign David Terrell (I think he still has alot of potential and with him being a 3rd reciever he could create alot of matchup problems)

With the 2nd and 3rd round pick I'de hope Alex Smith(TE from Stanford) would fall to us, but I'de take best available.

266131[/snapback]

I like the idea of DTerrell as the 3rd WR. I bet we could get him on the very cheap and with him being the 3rd he will have no pressure and hopefully could excell some.