Ridiculous Newsweek Article About the Bills

20 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I have relatives who have moved away and never came back (to live, but visit ofc).  When they did live here it was grumblings about how much the area sucked, jobs sucked, nothing to do, everyone is unhealthy and fat, yadda.  They "love" the area now that they have been away for decades, but would never move back.  That "love" is just rose colored glasses, if they had to move back it would not take very long for them to feel the "suckness" of the region.

What I'm getting at is that "love" and boasting about how great the area and people are is contrived and disingenuous in most cases. Coming back to visit Buffalo is not living in Buffalo...

no kidding.

12 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

What this is typical of is the worst of the media.

There's plenty of excellent journalism out there and plenty of the mediocre too. And plenty of bad. Same as any other industry, hell any other area of life.

Did this actually go in the magazine, or was it just internet fodder? Doesn't really matter I guess. 

More so when the team they're playing is 3-9. And you can't even go to see Luck play.

Yes I agree.  The matchup is poor but to say they should move the franchise when they will still have double the attendance of any La home game this year is comical.

20 hours ago, muppy said:

CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION...(if I had one it would be so cancelled after that mess of an article)..I never knew Newsweek was a troll mag but now I know better

wow your post is more sad than the going rate for tickets pal, if I were u Id troll another fan base you cannot be serious that Bills fans dont "back their team" absolute Rubbish. we've been backing them since the 60's and the last 17 years with zippo playoffs.....Id say we're pratty danged loyal just sayin'.....

LOL! I've been a fan of the team since the 60s and suffered through far worse times than this year  (like the entire 1970s). Tickets to NFL games should not be had for $5. We like to pride ourselves in being hearty fans both during inclement weather and when we are having a down season. Yet today's fan base would rather sit home or when they do go to games, sit on their hands. Still alive for playoffs and the stadium may not be half full? Hated Dolphins coming to town and tix are $15. Yeah pal, I'm just sayin...

What is ridiculous? 

Local fan support is bad. Our tickets are cheap, Buffalo is a large city; selling out should not be an issue no matter record. 

Problem is economic, not enough middle class, too many poor. 

Citizens of Buffalo need to take the reigns and pull the city out of the funk that has plagued them for the last 70 years. 

A city like Toronto has the economic structure to be successful. 

On 12/8/2017 at 11:46 AM, Happy Gilmore said:

It's Newsweek, a failing publication.  It used to be a respected print news magazine, not any more.  Not surprising that the article is crap.

Yup.  They decided to become another Salon.com or Atlantic and are finding out we only need so many outlets that peddle the same kind of nonsense in the same way.

19 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Maybe I wrote it wrong, my point was the Bills have  amazing rabid fans who love the team and show up every week even though the team doesn't give them any real reason to do this. (What I meant they need to prove themselves worthy of you guys.) 

as for moving before Kraft bought the team it was widely thought they were going to move to LA. (Every team struggles get the stupid rumors.) 

I hear ya, but I know we have the right owners now AND  finally the right coach. Once we get the right QB we will be winning soon.

(At least now we don't have to hear about LA anymore)

I thought the Toronto Bills ship sailed when Peg bought the team...I sure hope it did. I live in Canada but am only 45 mins from the Ralph and love the game day experience in Orchard Park. I hated the idea of moving the Bills to Toronto during the sale of the team and I hate the idea now. But my opinion is based on me being a fan, not an owner who is looking at revenue.

It's hard to argue that the ticket situation isn't a problem. I thought about buying season tickets this year for the first time but it just doesn't make economic sense. I will end up attending three games this year for a fraction of the face value the tickets should have cost. Great for me but it hurts the season ticket holder.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:54 AM, Happy Gilmore said:

What the article conveniently leaves out is that NFL attendance is hurting in several locations.  Take the LA Charges, the NFL thought it a good idea to locate teams to LA due to large market appeal.  Chargers are far from selling out.  Maybe they should head north and become the British Columbia Chargers.

lol dont get me started on the LAChaaaajahs....what a JOKE...all of socal laughs at their pathetic "fanbase" aka 50% away fans, couldbe more....HA! !@#$ Dean Spanos

On 12/9/2017 at 4:07 PM, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

LOL! I've been a fan of the team since the 60s and suffered through far worse times than this year  (like the entire 1970s). Tickets to NFL games should not be had for $5. We like to pride ourselves in being hearty fans both during inclement weather and when we are having a down season. Yet today's fan base would rather sit home or when they do go to games, sit on their hands. Still alive for playoffs and the stadium may not be half full? Hated Dolphins coming to town and tix are $15. Yeah pal, I'm just sayin...

yeah well we are more together than we are apart then , my first ever bills game was Monday night First ever home Monday Night Football at THE Rich Satdium  circa 1973. vs Kansas City Chiefs..we WON btw..,....I'm a subway bills fan now but trust me, a TON of us care and would fill those seats if we were local it is a LOCK tck. :-) Muppy

Edited by muppy

These types of articles don’t upset me because fanbase across the NFL know how dedicated Bills fans are.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:22 AM, Albwan said:

Anyone who says the bills are playoff contenders don't watch football,

and have some other agenda. newsweek is not news.

Hate to break it to you, champ, but the Bills ARE playoff contenders.

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

NFL attendance is awful all season...

stadiums all around the league are 1/3 empty... You don't hear  a lot about it because big sports media has a vested interest in keeping it under wraps

This is definitely true.  Some of the smaller media outlets, such as Breitbart, will have articles on Monday with photos showing various stadiums across the league.  Pretty noticeable all the empty seats, and not just the upper deck areas.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:07 PM, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Today’s fans?

Let’s talk about decades ago Bills fans.

Do you remember attendance being in the 30thousand area in the 70’s and some in the 80’s?

I sure do.

The good ol’ Days weren’t all that good.

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Today’s fans?

Let’s talk about decades ago Bills fans.

Do you remember attendance being in the 30thousand area in the 70’s and some in the 80’s?

I sure do.

The good ol’ Days weren’t all that good.

The NFL wasn't anywhere near as big and popular back then, as it is now.   It certainly wasn't year round, in your face like it is now.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

The NFL wasn't anywhere near as big and popular back then, as it is now.   It certainly wasn't year round, in your face like it is now.

What does that have to do with him telling everyone how great things were then and how soft fans are now?

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

What does that have to do with him telling everyone how great things were then and how soft fans are now?

I don't think that fans are necessarily soft now, I just think they're getting a little tired of the NFL.