The truth hurts-Brady/Gronk were special in 2nd half, great D , better O

JerseyBills

First off, it's hard to give credit to a guy who attacked our stud rookie who played another stellar game,what a player 27 is , he's going to be great for years.

You watch the unraveling of the D in the 2nd half and it was just Brady feeding Gronk, the best players at their positions,on numerous big downs. 

The D was in perfect placement on some of these,it just came down to Amazing ball placement to a monster TE.. White nearly has another pick in one of these 1st downs, perfect coverage, just out powered him. Another 1st down over the middle was again a result of the Goat delivering a perfect pass, under duress to Gronk and another huge play over Hyde . 9/10 these are incompletions, defense off the field. But we saw two of the best in this era , just zoned in ,at their best (with each other) and beat a great defensive game plan in that 2nd half. Huge props to McD and the D, with a competent O,that game comes down to the wire.

9 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

What no one noticed is that Gronk went off exactly after Johnson went out injured

They came out the gate hitting Gronk, especially on Play Action. That's true but 3 of those throws,that defense gets off the field 9/10 times, credit to two of the best

Give them credit sure, but our D has serious deficiencies at the line....

PATS proved that our D-Line is made up of pass rushers OR run stoppers, but not both.  Their play-calling was spot on based on who we had on the field.  We need to upgrade the talent on our roster in order to compete with these guys (obviously).

What's the point ? That no team in the NFL has a player that can cover Gronkowski one on  one? We know, thanks for tuning in. It's long been known that you have to affect the play on the front end, coverage is not going to do it . Until a 6-7 cover corner emerges in the league ( don't hold your breath) the play must be disrupted by pass rush or at the line. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

What's the point ? That no team in the NFL has a player that can cover Gronkowski one on  one? We know, thanks for tuning in. It's long been known that you have to affect the play on the front end, coverage is not going to do it . Until a 6-7 cover corner emerges in the league ( don't hold your breath) the play must be disrupted by pass rush or at the line. 

I guess after rewatching, I just appreciated 2 all time greats at their best, and give our D a little more credit because they're unstoppable when playing on that level , and seeing it first hand I want to tip my hat, our D brought the best out of that duo. They had no other answer in the pass game, which is a huge win for the D. The D Should hold their heads high.

59 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I wonder if that's why the Bills didn't even bothering covering Gronk on a few plays...  hahaha

53 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I guess after rewatching, I just appreciated 2 all time greats at their best, and give our D a little more credit because they're unstoppable when playing on that level , and seeing it first hand I want to tip my hat, our D brought the best out of that duo. They had no other answer in the pass game, which is a huge win for the D. The D Should hold their heads high.

I love moral victories?

All day long people are ripping the Bills for losing to a tremendously talented team.

Sometimes it's not about blaming the losing team for what they did wrong.  Sometimes you just have to acknowledge the other team is better.  And the Pats are just better.  And have been for years now. 

Doesn't mean thd Bills shouldn't keep trying to improve and compete.  Just recognition of the obvious.

46 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I suggest watching that 2nd half and if not for perfect execution between two of the best, McD had a helluva game plan

Screw that team! If you're happy with losing, then we have nothing in common as Bills fans. Moral victories are for losers!

1 minute ago, westside said:

Screw that team! If you're happy with losing, then we have nothing in common as Bills fans. Moral victories are for losers!

Well, my reply would be to grow up.  Acknowledging the excellence of the Pats does not mean in any way that one is happy the Bills lost.  It is simply recognizing the Pats are a great football team.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I've rooted for the Bills since their first game in 1960.  Don't lecture me about who to root for, child.

acknowledging that the Pats are a great team does not mean you are a fan of their team.  When you grow up you'll figure it out. 

What's weird is practically everyone was expecting a loss....and when it happens, people freak out.....makes no sense.....NE is much better than the Bills and they won.....what a shock !!....

Edited by Iron Maiden

24 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

What's weird is practically everyone was expecting a loss....and when it happens, people freak out.....makes no sense.....NE is much better than the Bills and they won.....what a shock !!....

Right.  I can't stand Brady and Belichick, and what Gronkowski did was a punk move.  And I'd go after him in a couple weeks.

But that doesn't mean you ignore the obvious.  Brady and Belichick are the best ever at what they do.  You can hate them as we all do but to deny that simply shows envy.

• Like (+1) 1