The National Narrative on Tyrod Taylor Debunked Today

BuffaloRush

40 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

I can assure you that the "Most NFL ready QB in the draft" does NOT last until the 5th round. 

Peterman stinks. 

He lasted because teams thought he was already close to his ceiling...

I dont think anyone knows yet.  What I do know is the offensive line, especially Mills and his receivers dropping catchable passes are NOT helping.

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He lasted because teams thought he was already close to his ceiling...

I dont think anyone knows yet.  What I do know is the offensive line, especially Mills and his receivers dropping catchable passes are NOT helping.

And they thought he had a noodle arm. Haven't really seen that yet.

Taylor will be gone and have success somewhere else in the NFL. Do you really this group from

ownership on down, know what they are doing? 

Name me one WR we had tonight that could make the Pats. Just one who could even get on the

field for them. Just one. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Red Zone pick and the rest of the game ineptness of the passing game with TT in there is all about Dennison's refusal to move the pocket or roll TT out. 1st and goal from the 7 is the exact place one wants to be with TT's talent - rolling him upon the snap, he can:

- run to the pylon

- run it in 

- throw it on the run - either direction - throws exceptionally well across or against his body

- option pitch it

Instead, he stood there - as designed - and got an OL pushed into him in the act of throwing - Red Zone pick.

Never rolled him after that - and note that the Bills made it to 1st and goal from the 7 by rolling him ....

Dennison appears allergic to success.

Awful, awful offensive game plan today.

4 minutes ago, moshermw said:

The Red Zone pick and the rest of the game ineptness of the passing game with TT in there is all about Dennison's refusal to move the pocket or roll TT out. 1st and goal from the 7 is the exact place one wants to be with TT's talent - rolling him upon the snap, he can:

- run to the pylon

- run it in 

- throw it on the run - either direction - throws exceptionally well across or against his body

- option pitch it

Instead, he stood there - as designed - and got an OL pushed into him in the act of throwing - Red Zone pick.

Never rolled him after that - and note that the Bills made it to 1st and goal from the 7 by rolling him ....

IMG_7672.JPG

1 hour ago, PeterGriffin said:

And they thought he had a noodle arm. Haven't really seen that yet.

That's so overblown...college QBs rarely lift weights the way they would in the NFL to strengthen their arms and they also aren't coached up to use their lower bodies to drive the ball like they will be in the NFL...imho he has already added at least 3 mph to his ball from the combine. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

Taylor will be gone and have success somewhere else in the NFL. Do you really this group from

Name me one WR we had tonight that could make the Pats. Just one who could even get on the

Jordan Matthews. And Tate was already on the Patriots. so throw him in. Oh, and definitely Jones. There's 3.

The Patriots have used lesser WR's to great success quite often. Brady has made nobody receivers into huge playmakers. People also said Chris Hogan was a bum, and Belichick was more than happy to scoop him up. Scott Chandler was considered expendable, Belichick took him too. In fact, there's a long history of former Bills going to the Pats.

Again, Brady has made receivers nobody's ever heard of have career years. Don't even act like a second round talent like Zay Jones wouldn't get a look, or a WR like Matthews who's had over 800 yards every season he's been in the league until this year (so far a whopping 268, yay!). And holy hell Brady & Belichick would LOVE Charles Clay. Doesn't matter if he's not a WR, but as a receiving threat, he's fantastic (so of course he has middle of the road, pedestrian numbers here).

Edited by BigDingus

7 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Matthews is finished weather by injuries or not does not matter.

The Pats dumped Tate and Jones has been a dissapointment.

They might like Watkins, Woods or Goodwin. Oh I forgot we sent

them packing.

Matthews would be an all-star on that team. He has 3 straight years of 800 or more yards with no decent QB play, but now got stuck with the lowest of the low in Tyrod (expect similar results with Benjamin when he returns). Belichick likes special team contributors so Tate would definitely get a look. And Jones started off slow but has rebounded about as well as anyone could with this crappy team. He has the most receiving yards of any WR on the team, and has great upside with good size. Again, Belichick & Brady have taken FAR worse and lesser known WR's and won Super Bowls with them.

Brady would have a field day with him as a target. And again, Clay would pair up nicely with Gronk, and we know Belichick likes to run double TE sets.

5 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

So in a way by saying "Tyrod is who he is" you are kind of proving my point.  Your point about the front office very valid.   If they weren't going to design an offense around him, they probably should have turned the page.   

This wasn't a move defending Peterman.  I don't think he's the answer.  I'm just saying, Tyrod has been very ineffective.  The decision to consider starting another QB isn't as absurd as some made it out to be.  

Why do you think it got worn down?

I just can't believe we brought him back in the first place after last year. My opinion is that we let go of so much talent but stayed with TT and blamed everyone else. Last year the team would have not look as bad if it was not for TT having miserable games then blame all the defense. There were games that if we could only extend drives we should have won. I mean in this league a team needs it sometimes. A QB that can bring them back. Then for some reason the D starts to perform better when a QB can rally.

3 hours ago, moshermw said:

- run to the pylon

- run it in 

- option pitch it

Yes, your right but TT is still sorry. You are just trying to help him by blaming Dennison. I said it since the dealt away Cardale. TT is just not good enough to play QB in this league.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You could tell before the season even started that McD seemed very reluctant about playing TT.  And so far he's paying the price for both TT & Dennison. Both have to go this January.  We have to improve this oline at all costs. We have to replace some of these scrub wr's. Shady might have 1 good year left before diminishing returns. We need to draft that franchise QB at the same time Brady retires.

Good he should not have given up on Cardale that is bad carma.

5 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

So in a way by saying "Tyrod is who he is" you are kind of proving my point.  Your point about the front office very valid.   If they weren't going to design an offense around him, they probably should have turned the page.   

This wasn't a move defending Peterman.  I don't think he's the answer.  I'm just saying, Tyrod has been very ineffective.  The decision to consider starting another QB isn't as absurd as some made it out to be.  

Why do you think it got worn down?

I just can't believe we brought him back in the first place after last year. My opinion is that we let go of so much talent but stayed with TT and blamed everyone else. Last year the team would have not look as bad if it was not for TT having miserable games then blame all the defense. There were games that if we could only extend drives we should have won. I mean in this league a team needs it sometimes. A QB that can bring them back. Then for some reason the D starts to perform better when a QB can rally.

I  still do not understand the reason the gave up on Cardale so quickly because of TT and Yates? What tapes were they watching. Why let go of a project when the position was not settled? So people just mess things up stupidly. Yates just could not play and was a veteran. TT was still sorry. The bills let go of an entire coaching staff ,GM and front office but left TT to the rescue. I think he has gotten a lot of people fired because of his overrated stats.

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was responding to the initial post that the national media was off base for questioning the move - they weren’t. The Bills were in the playoffs, with a winnable game, and basically sacrificed it. No one was out of line to think that it was idiotic. It was. It may not matter in the long run. In fact that extra loss may benefit the Bills this offseason. 

But in hindsight, something none of us are afforded in the present, the Chargers game was much, much harder to win - with or without Tyrod - as shown by how they have handled their schedule and have done an extraordinary job since their awful start. Also, the Denver and Atlanta wins no longer hold the luster they once did...with Tyrod starting. 

8 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Matthews, Tate, Jones, Clay, McCoy, KB 

??‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It Taylor's last two homes games, he's thrown for 122 yards.  No...that's not the average, that's the total sum.

61 yard per game average.....

Yup, and WGR just said they have 3 offensive TDs in last 5 games that were not garbage time. 

Edited by PeterGriffin

11 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

TT was hurt the first O play of the game, played hurt after that.  The rookie played at cleanup time......doesn't count folks.  The rookies 1/2 game at LA was the worst half I ever saw from a Bills QB (I am 71)  (EJ in London was the second worst)

And yet EJ had them in the lead with 4 minutes to go. I would 100% take EJs game in London over TT's last two home starts.

7 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

If everything was the same but we brought in McCown over Tyrod, what do you think our record would be at this point?

good question. I think we maybe beat Carolina, but possibly lose Denver as Miller doesn't mess with Mccown like he did TT. Think we prolly get Cinci too. So maybe one more win?

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

And yet EJ had them in the lead with 4 minutes to go. I would 100% take EJs game in London over TT's last two home starts.

good question. I think we maybe beat Carolina, but possibly lose Denver as Miller doesn't mess with Mccown like he did TT. Think we prolly get Cinci too. So maybe one more win?

Not to excuse Taylor, who I am ready to move on from, but this is just false. Corey Graham put them in the lead, not Manuel, and moreover Manuel threw a pass every bit as bad as Taylor's yesterday early in the second half in a goal to go situation. The Jags' LB simply dropped it despite it being gift wrapped. He was terrible in that game and was in no way the reason the Bills came close to winning it. Also recall that the Bills D stopped Jax after they inexplicably ran it up the middle four times after getting a first and goal at the one in the third quarter. 

Finally, Manuel completely choked on the Bills' final possession in that game, making the wrong read and a bad throw on the final fourth down play. He stinks. 

Edited by dave mcbride